What are you guys listening to?

Klaiber

• 7 months later...

I finally stumbled back upon this band through perusing the internet, I couldn't remember the name and it has been irking me over the years. I saw them in a club in Anchorage, Alaska back in the late 90's, probably '98.  I had a tape in my truck and listened to it over and over again, to the ire of my best friend.  

That concert was the most interactive of any concert I have ever been to.  They had fire-breathers in the crowd, dancers, it was all around, there was really no stage.  At the end they brought metal drums, steel barrels, and such into the crowd and gave people (including me) a drumstick and let us keep the rhythm.  I stood next to the guy that did most of the singing (he's the one that handed me the drumstick) and he gave me a great big, hug at the end.  It was a very a moving experience.  

¡Tchkung!

The female vocalist/violinist, Devon, made me love almost any fast music with a violin from that day on:

I've never heard of them, but they sound really cool!

I can see how they'd have really interactive shows.

This one shows some concert footage, even the crowd on the pipes and drums around 0:22: 

All Them Witches' bass player/singer has an interesting strumming technique with his index as well as his thumb.  I like the rhythm of the song but the video gave me an instant headache when they went to the ethereal plane.  The strobe was good but the post-processing scroll of the image hurt :D

All Them Witches' bass player/singer has an interesting strumming technique with his index as well as his thumb.  I like the rhythm of the song but the video gave me an instant headache when they went to the ethereal plane.  The strobe was good but the post-processing scroll of the image hurt :D

Yeah, he has a really interesting style.  The album version of the song (Charles William) is even better.

https://youtu.be/q2O3XZJ3AiA

No strobe effect. :D

This one shows some concert footage, even the crowd on the pipes and drums around 0:22:

That's so cool!

For some strange reason, they remind me a lot of In Extremo, a German Folk Metal band:

https://youtu.be/3KhtbsNSRKg

Yes, that song is awesome!  I saw it placed to a gaming or sports video somewhere before.

Palästinalied is very old. And it's actually become a staple of the folk metal scene.

It was originally written as a poem in the early 13th century, around the time of the Fifth Crusade, by Walther von der Vogelweide (c. 1170 - c. 1230).

In fact, it's melody dates back to the early 14th century.

I have lots of different music types I listen to during the day lol.

During college studies, I listen to Bach/baroque music. Just relaxes me and allows me to concentrate on my school subjects.

I work in a shipping warehouse, and we're allowed to play our music over the speakers as we work, so I get to hear quite a variety there.

I've been listening to the David Crowder*Band recently:

Also, my late grandpa sang in a southern gospel quartet, so I'm a big fan of those. Here's one by the Kingdom Heirs:

• 4 weeks later...

Two kings of guitar right there.

I've been really sad to hear that Dick Dale hasn't been in good health recently.  But has still kept up his touring to help offset medical costs.

http://www.stereogum.com/1820777/dick-dale-is-in-very-rough-shape-but-keeps-touring-to-afford-medical-treatment/news/

Wishing him the best.

• 4 weeks later...

That was a pretty cool music video, f0x. Is the band Weezer? I like their rendition of "You Might Think". ;)

Here's another video by David Crowder & co. In this song, they use a rewired Guitar Hero controller as one of their instruments. Actually turned out pretty cool - I can't get the song out of my head lol. :lol: