NEED HELP WITH FORUMS!

Butzzell

Hi,

Frustration at an all time high here.

I try and link an image and it locks up on the little blue input box. Will not accept url, will not cancel , will not close. Have to kill the browser to stop it.

Try to put in a link, same thing. Input box wants not only the url but an e mail address, topic, message body, anchors etc.  Same thing , it locks up and I have to kill the web browser to get out of it.

None of the cancel buttons or x buttons work.

Why can't things be simple?

Why can't things work?

Have you tried running the webpage in Compatibility View through IE?

Also, does this sound like your problem:

http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/bugs.html/_/ip-board/ie-11-issues-with-ipboard-editor-r43251

If so:

Go into Tools, then Developer Tools and select 10 for the document mode and IE 10 for the User agent string.

This is only a temporary fix, you have to do this each time you visit the site.

I'm not sure.

From what I understand, IE11 isn't fully supported by IP.Board.  There are libraries that IP.Board requires that are missing from the current state of Explorer.  There may be an upcoming fix.  But since this issue has been going on since November 2013, it may not be fast in coming.

The only recommendation that I've seen so far is to either use the compatibility work around, or use a different browser.

Honestly, my personal opinion is that people should use another browser.  The current JG1 site looks and functions a million times better on Chrome or Firefox.

Btw: I'm going to move this to the public Technical Support area of the boards.

Other, non-JG1 members may be having the same issues, and should be aware of the work-arounds.

• 3 weeks later...