Il-2 Simple Server Daemon (version 0.3.2 with pilot management)

I wasn't initially planning for stats, but there have been enough comments about it that I am considering developing an event log parser to be compatible with FBDj stats pages. It's probably not something I will do from scratch though, unless that's something that a lot of people are interested in.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to add one more feature to the main program before I look at stats (chat commands).

I don't think the stats system will be a big challenge but I do think it will be a big job. I've spun up an FBDj database on my laptop and had a look around the schema and the events that FBDj parses and I think it's better as a separate program with its own structure and processing, so I'll probably start it as a separate project. I wouldn't have to make this obvious to the user though.

Quite looking forward to it as it'll be a break from lots of user interface code!

Amazing Grunch..

Somethings I would like to point out about FBDj system for stats. The actual FBDj stat system is not fully compatible as is with the DCG. In order to get the stats to be reported correctly, some small tweaks have to be done manually in  the .mis file generated by DCG. When DCG creates a .mis file it replaces the field [Wing] by [WING] which makes it unrecognizable by FBDj when u kill an AI aircraft. Instead of giving u a confirmed kill, it converts it into a Probable kill so this would have to be fixed. One other thing to consider is that unless AI flights have a field specifying they are AI in the .mis file (OnlyAI 1 has to be present in all AI flights) or it also causes this same problem. Lastly, FBDj has to create a .fbdj file in order to be able to read the events of the mission for the stats as you are probably aware, so that would have to be taken into consideration as well when DCG automatically generates one mission after the other.

I hope this is of some help ...

Regards

Riksen

PS: Let me know if u accept donations for this amazing project of urs!

Hi Riksen, yeah, I spotted the thread about the probable kills issue on WOP...that should be quite simple to avoid, regular expression engines are case sensitive so if the writer of a program doesn't expect other cases to be used it can cause problems.

I think that FBDj only uses .fbdj files to define the target area, which I'm not sure makes sense for DCG as there may be multiple flights in the air with differing objectives. The bulk of the work happens when parsing the event log (DCG does this too to determine what happened in a mission). I also don't think it makes much sense to show the Red Won! and Blue won! messages for the same reason.

I don't accept donations for this because I don't have any costs (a website, development tools, etc.). Java and by extension Clojure are quite good from this point of view as there are lots of free tools.

S! Grunch ...

Well, it sounds that u r on the top of the game here and im glad for that. Im sure you can come up with some way to process all the eventlog info and integrate a stat system. It cant wait for this to happen!!!!

Thank you for all ur hard work and im sure this will be the best server commander out there.

One question though regarding the current release version... How can we control mission timer in DCG mode?

Riksen

You can't, I'm afraid! It's something that I initially left out because I was thinking of the controller as being used to end the mission manually, since it's difficult to know how long a DCG mission will take before all flights are on the ground. I'll see if I can add an optional timer for DCG mode this weekend

• 1 year later...
After finding that JavaFX 8 was incompatible with Clojure due to the way that it loads Java classes I lost a lot of motivation to work on this app, although I still find it useful for running DCG multiplayer campaigns with friends. I'm thinking of rewriting it using some different technologies.

Restoring the UI:

2015-09-19%2013_53_57-_zps83eifwu7.png

Connecting to the server:

2015-09-19%2013_55_06-Cmder_zpsibwk4ows.

Does anybody still have any interest in this?

• 1 month later...

Hey Grunch,

Sorry it took me so long to reply but I was on vacation ....

Well, back to the suggestions. I think the SSD was already a good software and also had a nice interface. The ability to associate it with DCG was great and made me hope we could actually have something like the old IL2SC again. The one thing we desperately need is a software like SSD with a stat system that recognizes both AI and human players without having to go through the hoops of FBDj. FBDj is a good software as well but the lack of integration and, most importantly, automation of the DCG system is a huge flaw ...

Once again, I'm up to help you with stuff if u still wish to complete ur project

Regards

Riksen