Photo

Rules clarification from last night (18 June 2014)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Klaiber

Klaiber

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:02 PM

S! All,

We had a few discos last night, and at least one of them happened in enemy territory.

Traditionally, discos in enemy territory have been viewed as a pilot capture.

The reason for this has been to close a loophole that would allow a doomed pilot (destined to be KIA or POW) to exit the game during combat, claim a disco and then respawn unhurt.

However, when Butzzell looked closely at the rules during Session 1, we quickly realized that they actually didn't specifically state that a disco in enemy territory is a capture.

So, the question for the community is how to move forward on this issue?

Do we self regulate, and use the honor system to say that discos in enemy territory are not captures.

Or do we adjust the ruleset to specifically state that all discos in enemy territory are captures.

Thanks all!

Klaiber_tiny_R.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_O.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_FS.png?dl=0

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#2 BH_Dudley

BH_Dudley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:11 PM

Hi Klaiber,

When I destroyed Bridge 1 in last night's session, I was flying the DFW Arty Spot.

According to rules, a Bridge Icon target can only be attacked by pure bombers.

I did read this prior to the session, but in the heat of action forgot this requirement.

Apologies.

BH_Dudley

#3 Klaiber

Klaiber

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:16 PM

Hi Dudley,

No worries, it happens.

I'll adjust the final score to reflect the true outcome.

http://forum.jg1.org...?showtopic=2297

Klaiber_tiny_R.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_O.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_FS.png?dl=0

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#4 Butzzell

Butzzell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

S!

Discos are out of control. Nobody"s fault.     ^&*(  happens. Pilot should not be penalized for something he had no control over.

jmho

Thanks Dudley,  forgot you were in an artty plane. 

reminder: Rip up papers on Iron Cross for Dudley

Posted Image

#5 Shnoze Shmon

Shnoze Shmon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:32 AM

Couldn't agree more.  If there is suspicion of a player using the disco to stay in the game the parser will help in determining that.

#6 J30<>Reinamann

J30<>Reinamann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:50 PM

S!

If I understand correctly, 'discos' will not count as deaths or captures.

And this rule applies to FIF XIX ?

Q:

If a players get disconnected will the plane be 'lost'.

Is there a five minute wait period required before getting another plane and taking off ?

#7 Klaiber

Klaiber

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:22 PM

Hi Reinamann,

Yes, this is the unofficial rule for FIF XIX.  If you disco in enemy territory, you can fly again.

However, the plane will be lost.

And you should still take your 5 minute timeout.

Klaiber_tiny_R.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_O.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_FS.png?dl=0

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#8 Klaiber

Klaiber

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:15 PM

Hi all,

Just a heads up.  This has been officially added to the FIF ruleset.

See Server Crashes and Discos at the bottom.

http://forum.jg1.org...?showtopic=2216

Klaiber_tiny_R.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_O.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_FS.png?dl=0

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#9 J30<>Reinamann

J30<>Reinamann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 08:01 PM

These are not rules type questions but more of a information type of questions.

#1.
I saw this item listed in the logs as being damaged,
What type of target is a  'portblock_040' ?

#2.
What types of units are considered "Front line unit" ?
What would I be looking for ? a trench, guns, tents, car, truck, building ?

#3.
What types of units are considered "Reserve Unit" ?
What would I be looking for ? a trench, guns, tents, car, truck, building ?

#10 Klaiber

Klaiber

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:01 PM

I think that "portblock_040" is apart of a factory complex.  Though I don't know what part.

Regarding Front Line vs. Reserve Units, perhaps Stubby or Butzzell can post a good explanation.

Klaiber_tiny_R.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_O.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_FS.png?dl=0

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#11 Butzzell

Butzzell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:23 PM

S! All

The target types are for understanding the location and score.  There was a need to describe secondary targets or objectives. What has come about is this list:

Artillery spot results in a front line unit objective. This is usually within  10 km of the front. Not too close, we want some time to go into enemy territory and make it a little dangerous.

Espionage mission results in a reserve unit objective. Reserve units are in the rear 10 km of the map.

Reconnaissance mission results in a reconnaissance secondary objective. These units are spread out and can be almost anywhere.

Reconnaissance of enemy front lines should result in a front line objective but that job is taken by the Artillery spot. Since the team doing this mission is not doing Espionage, this mission results in a Reserve unit mission.

When these objectives are activated there is a subtitle that will say:

what type of objective :Reserve, front line, Reconnaissance secondary.

what type of unit : Vehicle (trucks), tanks or ship.  The vehicle and tanks will always be a group of 3 with an AAA truck to make 4. You must kill all 4. The ship will be a river barge at a dock. This type of objective does not move. On some maps there will be a hidden target similar to the train, which is a moving ship somewhere on the map. It that type of target is going to be used it is announced before the tournament begins and will be in the objectives list. A moving ship will be a hidden target. There will be a repeating subtitle that says "Ship not found". That will be separate from "Reserve unit ship at Ville de Engu , sector 22.4

Where the unit is located: This will be a named location ( Ville de Engu) and a map coordinate such as sector 22.4

The whole subtitle is ""Reserve unit ship at Ville de Engu , sector 22.4"

Did this help?

Posted Image

#12 J30<>Reinamann

J30<>Reinamann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:42 PM

Yes it did...thanks.

Couple more question:

What is considerd 10 km ?    One complete sector or half a sector or two complete sectors ?

Also, will the trucks convoy or tanks units or traveling barge move out and beyonf the assigned area ?

For example the screen says the unit in question is in sector 9.9.

Will the unites travel or move to another sector ? say sector 10.3 or sector 9.1 ? or all the way to the front mud ?

#13 Butzzell

Butzzell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:26 PM

S!

One full sector is 10 km.

The barge or ship that is a secondary objective does not move it will be at a dock on a river. The trucks or tanks do not move. They are on lunch break. They will be next to some low buildings. 

It is hard enough finding these thing to begin with. Letting them move would be too difficult.  The other problem is that the location sector, 10.3 is not very accurate. They are close. That is why each target will also have a name.  So for tanks and trucks you go to an area and then look for a village or town. For the ship you look for a dock in a river.

Posted Image

#14 FragelGT

FragelGT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 05:56 AM

I have a question, if your plane has been "shot down" and the pilot has not been killed, is that considered a "kill"? Say for instance I get shot up enough where my engine is damaged to the point, it no longer is running and I manage to glide my aircraft back to a drome, home drome or back to friendly lines, can I refly?

#15 Butzzell

Butzzell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:28 PM

S!

"If a pilot crashes in friendly territory and survives the event, that pilot may switch to a new aircraft and take off again from his original aerodrome provided that another aircraft is available at the discretion of the CO and after a 5 minute timeout.

If a pilot crashes in No Man's Land and survives the event, that pilot may switch to a new aircraft and take off again from his original aerodrome provided that another aircraft is available at the discretion of the CO and after a 5 minute timeout."

As long as the game does not list you as dead, you can refly as a pilot after a 5 minute time out.  You have unlimited lives as a gunner.

If you land behind enemy lines you are captured and can no longer fly as a pilot. The exception to that is the "Spy " mission which must land behind enemy lines. 

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users