slippery_jim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:00 AM

DCG only allows medium and heavy bombers to be based at "airfields"

Now I know the base gets it's name in the RDS file, but evry one I look at the name always matches what is on the map

Does it matter if you dont use the same name? Ie could I use Vivigani airstrip and name it Vivigani_Airfield in the rds file and DCG will see it as an airfield and hence allow bombers? Or is the type of field locked in no matter what you name it?

#2 Nephris

Nephris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:29 PM

Unsure if I understand your question correct.However I will try to give you an explanation.

1) you got an airfield, you name it German_airfield, every aircraft will be able to use it.

2)you got an airfield , you name it German_airstrip, every aircraft but bombers will be able to use it.

3)you got an airstrip, you name it German_airfield, every aircraft will be able to use it.

4)you got an airstrip, you name it German:_airstrip, every aircraft but bombers will be able to use it.

So it just depends on how you call the location in your rds file and not on the shape of the airfield on the map.

However, some maps offer airfields with 2 runways.

Here you can make use of both, by pointing the first coordinate directly on the first runway and the last coordinate on the second runway.

You then call it German_airfield and German_airstrip and you can make one location capable of double aircraft amount.

#3 slippery_jim

slippery_jim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:55 PM

Thanks Nephris, I wasn't aware you could do that two runway trick, it annoys me when there are two and the AI only use the one strip

I have confirmed what you said, bombers cant use an airstrip, and the game doesnt seem to care if you call an airstrip and airfield, it allows bombers if you call it an airfield even if it is small

And naming a runwat an "airdrome" makes it unusable for all, the reason I tried "airdrome" is the name is used on some maps

#4 Lowengrin

Lowengrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:07 AM

You can only call them "Airfield" or "Airstrip". 

And they don't need to be named what they are on the map.  DCG can't read the map.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users