• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 No.42_Hawg

No.42_Hawg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:31 PM

Hey guys I was mulling over the way this campagin ended and I have a suggestion for our follow on events.   The current rules states;

Victory Conditions:

The first team to end a campaign phase (i.e. a set of 8 to 12 sessions) with 64 or more completed objectives is declared victorious.

If neither team is able to end a campaign phase with more than 64 completed objectives, the phase will continue until a clear winner can be determined.

Should both teams end a campaign phase with more than 64 completed objectives, the team with the higher total will be declared the winner.

Should both teams end a campaign phase in a tie, additional sessions will be held until this tie is broken, and a clear winner can be determined.

I would suggest that now that we have a mission shedule that is in two phases (Wednesday and Saturday) we take that into consideration and modify the win condition to something similar to baseball.   By this I mean we keep the first team to 64 however in the event that one team achieves this on a Wednesday i.e. the top of an inning.  The Saturday crew would still be afforded the opportunity to fly to allow for the possibility of the second team to still pull off a tie or a victory.  The condition being that they would have to end the session with points equal or greater than the team that started in the lead. 

Thoughts?

#2 Vonrd

Vonrd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:10 PM

Sounds fair. I would agree to it, but probably should be implemented into the next session.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 Klaiber

Klaiber

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 8,850 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:34 PM

I think this sounds like a good idea.  I've been wondering about Saturday, and our European pilots.

Klaiber_tiny_R.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_O.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_FS.png?dl=0

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#4 No.42_Hawg

No.42_Hawg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:10 PM

I agree that we should stick to the stated rules for this campaign.   It wouldn't be fair to change the rules at the last minute.  

I kind of feel bad for the European contingent especially since they are very enthusiastic and committed.   Perhaps we could announce a last mission just for the fun of it on Saturday?        

#5 Klaiber

Klaiber

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 8,850 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:31 PM

That's what I was thinking. A "farewell to FIFXXIb" mission.

Klaiber_tiny_R.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_O.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_FS.png?dl=0

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#6 Vonrd

Vonrd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:40 PM

I'm all for that!

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 No.42_Hawg

No.42_Hawg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 09:32 PM

Cool,  I will post it up on the 42 Forums.

#8 Snaggle

Snaggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationSmyrna, Tennessee

Posted 15 August 2015 - 07:51 PM

Hey guys I was mulling over the way this campagin ended and I have a suggestion for our follow on events.   The current rules states;

Victory Conditions:

The first team to end a campaign phase (i.e. a set of 8 to 12 sessions) with 64 or more completed objectives is declared victorious.

If neither team is able to end a campaign phase with more than 64 completed objectives, the phase will continue until a clear winner can be determined.

Should both teams end a campaign phase with more than 64 completed objectives, the team with the higher total will be declared the winner.

Should both teams end a campaign phase in a tie, additional sessions will be held until this tie is broken, and a clear winner can be determined.

I would suggest that now that we have a mission shedule that is in two phases (Wednesday and Saturday) we take that into consideration and modify the win condition to something similar to baseball.   By this I mean we keep the first team to 64 however in the event that one team achieves this on a Wednesday i.e. the top of an inning.  The Saturday crew would still be afforded the opportunity to fly to allow for the possibility of the second team to still pull off a tie or a victory.  The condition being that they would have to end the session with points equal or greater than the team that started in the lead. 

Thoughts?

My only concern with this would be as it happened this time.

Blue was leading red by 10, so what could really be accomlished by holding an official next mission. Most you can get is 10, so Blue does one mission and it is over any ways?

This holds true for how much of a lead? I don't have that answer, 10, 9 , 8 , 7, 6 (see I can count backwards :D ) like I said I don't have that answer. I understand the concept, and it is s good concept, but the end is the end, 64 = 64.

Just thought I would throw that out.

I will support whatever is decided, I just like flying for a purpose. :wacko:

S!

JG1_Snaggle_J4

Combined%20ribbons.jpg?dl=0

#9 Vonrd

Vonrd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 15 August 2015 - 09:06 PM

Well, how about a fixed number of missions (like 9 innings) with the most points winning? In the event of a tie we go for one more week (2 missions ... Wed AND Sat)? If that's a tie... rinse and repeat?

• Barton likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 01:56 PM

Well, how about a fixed number of missions (like 9 innings) with the most points winning? In the event of a tie we go for one more week (2 missions ... Wed AND Sat)? If that's a tie... rinse and repeat?

Sounds good, but it really wouldn't  change anything. With number of objectives on any given map set at 10 you could have the same end result.

If one side or the other is up by 10 or more before the last "frame"... it becomes pointless. 

IMO this would only work if you had "unlimited" opportunities to score points. ( And I have no idea how this would be done).  

Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin

GCsig.png

#11 Barton

Barton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 09:17 PM

Sounds good, but it really wouldn't  change anything. With number of objectives on any given map set at 10 you could have the same end result.

If one side or the other is up by 10 or more before the last "frame"... it becomes pointless. 

IMO this would only work if you had "unlimited" opportunities to score points. ( And I have no idea how this would be done).  

If you went to set mission numbers you would do away with the "first to 64" and it would just be whoever has the most points at the end so long as their score was over 64.  In the event of a tie two missions would be flown giving NA and EU pilots equal chance.  

#12 Vonrd

Vonrd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 16 August 2015 - 11:59 PM

Yeah, good point. Not sure if it's doable (or even adviseable) but if all 10 objectives are completed maybe the other primaries could be activated one by one. This might lead to one side Really kicking butt... might totally demoralize the losing side.  :(

Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 Butzzell

Butzzell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:26 AM

The next FiF should start with the Saturday mission.

No need to change anything except maybe raise the number of points to 77?  Why 77? I don't know it just sounds like some number I hear a lot. 

One of the really great suggestions came up when Stubby and I  were working on the England map.  The Idea was that it was not the total number of missions but who could win 2 missions in a row. The catch is that the next mission is a re-supply mission for the looser. If their re-supply mission is successful then both sides are back to wining 2 in a row.  Very open ended. Very indeterminate. There is just one catch....... Designing a good resupply mission.   Any ideas?

Sig.png

#14 Snaggle

Snaggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationSmyrna, Tennessee

Posted 17 August 2015 - 01:51 PM

Butzzell,

Call me stupid, but I have read this over a few times, still confused....

The Idea was that it was not the total number of missions but who could win 2 missions in a row. The catch is that the next mission is a re-supply mission for the looser. If their re-supply mission is successful then both sides are back to wining 2 in a row.

Can you make pictures out of this I just don't understand, Win 2 in a row, OK the Red team won 2 missions in a row, then a third does that make us the winner???

S!

JG1_Snaggle_J4

Combined%20ribbons.jpg?dl=0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users