90 replies to this topic

#21 Lowengrin

Lowengrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:04 PM

Another thing to note.  If historical dates is "on", planes won't appear on the Squadron Panel if the campaign date falls outside of the plane's start and end dates.

#22 Lowengrin

Lowengrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:22 PM

Beta 3 has been posted.  Adds "Transfers" to the timetable and fixes the issue with the ContactLevel resetting.

#23 sniperton

sniperton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:52 AM

Thank you Lo for the info!. It's great that it's not case sensitive. Modded games have many irregularities, I'm just trying to hunt down which are crucial for DCG and which are not.

#24 Moezilla

Moezilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 12:21 PM

The chances of a mission are based on the aircraft class that's been assigned to the type.  "None" is allowed for specialized anti-air and for anti-shipping.  For anti-air, it just means the default will be used, but for anti-shipping, it means the plane will never be assigned anti-shipping strikes.

Ok, so the class.dcg type value dictates mission profile, then a payload is chosen for that mission profile, and finally the game AI decides on behaviour "in the wild"?

So, in theory, I could have Me-262s as recon planes if I set their class to 5 and (somehow) changed their in-game behaviour to make them forget to be a fighter or bomber?

#25 sniperton

sniperton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:05 PM

Ok, so the class.dcg type value dictates mission profile, then a payload is chosen for that mission profile, and finally the game AI decides on behaviour "in the wild"?

So, in theory, I could have Me-262s as recon planes if I set their class to 5 and (somehow) changed their in-game behaviour to make them forget to be a fighter or bomber?

My experience is (I fiddled quite a lot with redefining planes) that everything goes fine until the enemy is close; then the 'instinct' (game AI) wins over discipline (DCG mission profile), and fighters redefined as recons start to intecept, bombers to attack ground targets, sometimes even without a bombload. What works fine almost all the time is redefining level bombers as transports (which is historially correct BTW).

#26 Lowengrin

Lowengrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 01:50 AM

sniperton's assessment is spot on. 

#27 sniperton

sniperton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:32 AM

Paul, I uploaded a public beta with some extracted files included so that it can also be used for a stock game. If you give it a try, all you have to do is to locate the three files air.ini, weapons.properties and plane.properties in the attached folder <basefiles_412> or <basefiles_4131>, respectively. http://www.mission4t...details&id=2307

• Lowengrin likes this

#28 Riksen

Riksen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:01 PM

What is the exact command to the timetabke to control the squad transfers? Date Transfers On/Off?

#29 sniperton

sniperton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:00 PM

19420904 MoveSquad USN_VF_5A0 Espiritu_Santo_Airfield 

= <date> MoveSquad <squadid> <airfield>

#30 Lowengrin

Lowengrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:39 PM

Paul, I uploaded a public beta with some extracted files included so that it can also be used for a stock game. If you give it a try, all you have to do is to locate the three files air.ini, weapons.properties and plane.properties in the attached folder <basefiles_412> or <basefiles_4131>, respectively. http://www.mission4t...details&id=2307

Hi sniperton,

I took your beta for a little spin.  Very nice!  

One thing I'd recommend: after making an edit on the Aircraft Editor and Verifying it, the highlighted band on the plane list disappears.  It's be nice to have it stay on that aircraft so when you're working down the list, you can quickly see where you last were.  :)

#31 sniperton

sniperton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:30 PM

Added to "to-do" list  :D

May I ask you, by the way, how nations are dealt with? Are sides hard-coded according to nation, or are side and nation part of a bi-dimensional matrix? I mean, what happens if I declare France as Axis or Italy as Allied? Second, are 'unknown' nations (like Iraq) simply ignored, or are they assigned missions according to their side (if specified)?

#32 Lowengrin

Lowengrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:22 PM

The nations are hard-coded according to the sides the "vanilla" game gives them.  Unknown nations are ignored.

#33 idefix44

idefix44

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:26 AM

Since 3.49b3 we've a new timetable.dcg trigger: Transfers

19420101 Transfers On
  19420102 Transfers Off

What's the DCG default setting? On or Off?

I'm idiot.

I can check or not the No Transfers option using the GUI. :blink:

Edited by idefix44, 30 May 2016 - 08:00 AM.

#34 sniperton

sniperton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:20 PM

Paul, I'm fiddling with loadout auto-assigment profiles for each plane type, and I'm a bit confused how 'fighter' and 'ground attack' relate to each other mission-wise. Looking into the class file I find that ground attack planes are overwhelmingly fighter-bombers, or bombers with some fighter capability, or fighters with large calibre guns (making them effective also against armoured ground targets), that is, they are mostly 'heavy fighters' in one way or another.

Now I wonder if DCG also generates air combat missions for them (i.e. their 'nature' as a fighter is retained), or are they confined to ground combat missions? 

In other words, will DCG ever commit a ground attack plane i.e. in the heavy interceptor role, or is air intercept the privilage of fighters only?

A_20C A_20G B_25J1 B5N2 B6N2 BEAU21 BF_109E4B BF_109E7 BF_110C4B BF_110G2 Do217_K2 FW_190A4FR FW_190A5165ATA FW_190A8MSTL FW_190F8 HS_123A1 HS_123B1 HS_129B2 HS_129B3Wa I_153_M62 I_153P IL_2_1940Early IL_2_1940Late IL_2_1941Early IL_2_1941Late IL_2I IL_2MEarly IL_2MLate IL_2T IL_2Type3 IL_2Type3M IL_10 JU_87G1 JU_88A4torp JU_88A17 JU_88MSTL LAGG_3IT ME_210CA1 ME_262A2A MOSQUITO6 MOSQUITO18 MXY_7 P_40SUKAISVOLOCH2B P_40E P_47D27 Swordfish1 TBD1 TBF1 TBF1C TBM3 TBM3AVENGER3 TEMPEST5 YAK_9B YAK_9K YAK_9T

Edit: update to DIT: http://www.sas1946.c...ic,51325.0.html

Quick auto assigment according to plane type (X = default; Y = none):

fighter:      A(X), B(X), X, T(B,Y), A(X), D(Y)  (everything except level bombing)
bomber:    X, B(X), B(X), T(B,Y), Y, Y            (everything except aerial attack)
transport:  X, X, B(X), Y, Y, Y                        (only paradrop)
attack:      X, B(X), X, T(B,Y), Y, Y                 (only ground and see attack)
recon:       X, X, X, Y, Y, Y                             (nothing)
float:         X, X, X, T(B,Y), Y, Y                     (only sea attack)
dive:         X, B(X), X, B(Y), Y, Y                    (only ground and see attack)

Do you see here anything which is contrary to how DCG is designed to work?

#35 Lowengrin

Lowengrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 04:03 AM

When it comes down to the difference between ground-attack and fighter, my choice between the two is dependent on two things, the planes historical role and how the AI flies it in the game.  For those that get designated ground-attack in DCG, they will never get fighter missions.  Conversely, there are a few fighters (like the P-47) which I have a bit of hard-coding that bumps up their chances of doing ground-attack.

It looks like you have your assignments correct for the types.  One thing to note is that the floatplane version of the Zero is hard-coded to fly fighter missions.

If you don't mind, could we start a dedicated thread for DIT questions?

#36 Lowengrin

Lowengrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 04:06 AM

I should also mention that some of the planes in your quote that have fighter capabilities - they may always be assigned ground-attack or ship strike missions, but if they are intercepted, they will drop their payloads and dogfight thanks to how the game's AI behaves.

#37 sniperton

sniperton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 08:04 PM

If you don't mind, could we start a dedicated thread for DIT questions?

Sorry, Paul, you're right, I'll start one, and many thanks for the info.

#38 Lowengrin

Lowengrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:23 AM

Thanks!  I think DIT deserves a dedicated thread.  :)

#39 sniperton

sniperton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 04:34 PM

Hi Lo, would you consider adding one more digit to the transit altitude value in class.dcg? Now it's limited to 4 digits (being 9999 meters the highest possible value); the QMB allows 10 000, and the FMB, more importantly, 12 000. A small grammatical incorrectness (sparing the 's' from 'Meters') would do the trick without affecting column lengths. I mean '#####_Meter' or even '#####_m' instead of '####_Meters'. 

#40 Lowengrin

Lowengrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:58 AM

I see.... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users