DCG 3.49 Open Beta Test

Lowengrin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Latest beta integrates the [Mods] section of the mission.  If a [Mods] section is added to the template mission, it will get imported into the campaign.  Alternatively, a user can create a mds.dcg file in their campaign folder for use.

Also added the Semovente 75/18 to the ground unit data.

Edit: removed attachment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Latest beta (lucky 13) tweaks how human and AI squadrons work in MDS mode.  Now if you set a squadron to "Human Only", it should not spawn AI planes.

Also added ability for a user to create a de_names.dat file to replace the default German pilot names.  For details, see:

http://forum.jg1.org/topic/5015-some-german-letters-not-displayed-correctly-in-debriefing/?do=findComment&comment=31188

il2dcg349beta13.zip

Yes it was, sorry for not paying attention  :( 

Latest beta integrates the [Mods] section of the mission.  If a [Mods] section is added to the template mission, it will get imported into the campaign.  Alternatively, a user can create a mds.dcg file in their campaign folder for use.

Also added the Semovente 75/18 to the ground unit data.

attachicon.gifil2dcg349beta12.zip

I've updated from beta 12 only replaced the il2dcg.exe with the one from beta 13.
Then I created a de_names.dat with 53 names just for test purposes and I placed it in the IL2DCG\Data\dgen folder since all other dat files are there.
Is that how it's intended?

I started a new DCG campaign but the names in pilot.dcg are not from the de_names.dat.
If there is a de_names.dat then only names from there should be used?

How is the de_names.dat supposed make the German letters display correctly?

What I tried was to use the IL-2 codes for those special letters:
ä        \u00E4
ü        \u00FC
ö        \u00F6
Ã¥        \u00E5

I also made another de_names.dat with ordinary umlaut letters, but it was not read either.

My test files is attached.

de_names.zip

de_names.zip