#141 Lowengrin

Lowengrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 03:35 AM

Incredible dedication!

Well that or I've been a bit bored of late. 

#142 Lowengrin

Lowengrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 04:45 AM

Latest beta (#27) has some minor improvements over the previous ones and includes a fix for the Normandie-Niemen in Berlin and Balaton (so they don't behave as a Western Allied squadron).

Edit: Attachment removed.

• arquillos likes this

#143 arquillos

arquillos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 11:24 AM

Latest beta (#27) has some minor improvements over the previous ones and includes a fix for the Normandie-Niemen in Berlin and Balaton (so they don't behave as a Western Allied squadron).

attachicon.gifil2dcg349beta27.zip

Splendid work!

Thank you very much!

#144 Lowengrin

Lowengrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 09:06 PM

The latest beta (#28) improves glider routines a bit more (as I play with Crete '41).  It also adds an "Airfield Restriction" file to prevent specific planes from operating on specific airfields.  The default resides in the data folder, but campaign designers can add it to their own 3rd party data folders.  It's completely manual meaning users must add to it themselves.  Also tweaked things so that the triggered time table changes for new campaigns will happen before first mission is generated (doesn't work for DGEN/NGEN replacement as their campaign and mission generation happen together).

Edit: Beta removed.

#145 idefix44

idefix44

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 09:23 PM

Thanks Sir.

#146 arquillos

arquillos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:57 AM

The latest beta (#28) improves glider routines a bit more (as I play with Crete '41).  It also adds an "Airfield Restriction" file to prevent specific planes from operating on specific airfields.  The default resides in the data folder, but campaign designers can add it to their own 3rd party data folders.  It's completely manual meaning users must add to it themselves.  Also tweaked things so that the triggered time table changes for new campaigns will happen before first mission is generated (doesn't work for DGEN/NGEN replacement as their campaign and mission generation happen together).

attachicon.gifil2dcg349beta28.zip

This is a non-stop progress!!

Thank you very much!!!!!!

#147 JG7_X_Man

JG7_X_Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 11:37 PM

Hey Paul - you are as constant as the northern star! Thank you!

IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles just doesn't have that "Je ne sais quoi" that IL-2 FB 1946 has.

#148 larschance

larschance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:07 PM

Hi Paul. In order to use DCG3.49 do I have to download all the updates or just the latest beta 28

#149 Lowengrin

Lowengrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:39 PM

The latest beta contains all the stock files.  No need to download everything before it.

#150 Lowengrin

Lowengrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:23 AM

Beta #29 includes a number of tweaks to mission generation (in particular those using air starts).  Also has working betas for an early Solomon Island Campaign (Guadalcanal from Summer to mid-November 1942).

Attached File  il2dcg349beta29.zip   4.57MB   13 downloads

Happy flying!

• vonOben likes this

#151 vonOben

vonOben

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 March 2019 - 06:00 AM

Many thanks for new beta! :)

S!

vonOben

#152 Fhechene

Fhechene

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 03:16 PM

I have two questions

There are some Soviet-Polish squadrons that also behave like western allied squadrons. Yo know, the PNM, the PLMs and the PLSs. Could you take a look to those too?

And the other is, if I download the Beta, what do I absolutely need to install? Because as I have modified mis files, campaign files, plane files and squadron files, I don't want to lose those modifications. And, what happns if I'm already running a campaign?

Ok, those were three questions.

Thanks!

#153 Eikson

Eikson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 03:13 PM

Awesome! 

Nice that you added more Pacific campaigns. Are you also interested in the European Theatre? I see that the stock German fighter campaigns work with DCG, but are they also optimized or do they just work by coincidence?

#154 Lowengrin

Lowengrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:16 AM

I have two questions

There are some Soviet-Polish squadrons that also behave like western allied squadrons. Yo know, the PNM, the PLMs and the PLSs. Could you take a look to those too?

And the other is, if I download the Beta, what do I absolutely need to install? Because as I have modified mis files, campaign files, plane files and squadron files, I don't want to lose those modifications. And, what happns if I'm already running a campaign?

Ok, those were three questions.

Thanks!

I'll see what I can do with the Polish squadrons.

If you are running a campaign, then all you really need is to copy the .exe over and nothing else.

#155 Lowengrin

Lowengrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:31 AM

Awesome! 

Nice that you added more Pacific campaigns. Are you also interested in the European Theatre? I see that the stock German fighter campaigns work with DCG, but are they also optimized or do they just work by coincidence?

When I first started programming DCG way back, I set up DCG campaigns to use the stock DGEN campaign files so (unless there are new ones that I'm not aware of) they should all work.

While I'm interested in the European Theatre, the Pacific campaign is a bigger draw right now just because the campaign design can be improved more (than it can with land campaigns) with tweaks to the code.  And I finding coding more interesting than campaign design.  I did spend a bunch of time creating a new Crete campaign (because I got caught up trying to optimize gliders - which required tweaks to the code).  And I did some testing using the Norway and East Prussia campaigns. 

My current tinkering is the Solomons.  And I am looking at Bessarabia because there's some interesting stuff with river monitors on the Danuabe between the Russians and Romanians...but the ship models don't really exist in the stock game so I may not do anything. 

BTW, if there was a stock map of the Netherlands, I'd do a Market Garden campaign in an instant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users