- What is your Timezone?
- Do you have a joystick or HOTAS?
- No but im good with mouse and keyboard i should be getting a joystick soon
- Do you have TeamSpeak installed, as well as a working microphone?
- Yes and Turtle Beach X12's
- Do you have TrackIR, or a FreeTrack system for view control?
- What sims are you currently flying?
- ROF, War Thunder, World of Warplanes
- How did you hear about JG1?
- ROF Forums
- Is there anything else that you'd like us to know?
- I just started ROF but seem to be good at flying. I have been on many sims and have been in various groups. I have been on War Thunder for 3 years but lost my old account. I am 15 mature more my age and im also a Cadet Staff Sergeant in the Civil Air Patrol USAF Auxiliary so i understand teamwork. I can be on almost whenever needed and am fully setup on mouse and keyboard controls. I am soon setting up controller controls as well. I have been in various real life training simulators and have flown Cessna 182's. Thank you for your time.
Posted 03 April 2016 - 09:41 PM
- HotleadColdfeet likes this
Posted 03 April 2016 - 11:54 PM
Our commander, Klaiber, will probably shoot you an email, formally welcoming you to JG1.
Looking forward to knowing you better!
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:59 AM
No one has said it... but one really can't be effective flying with mouse for sure, and probably some form of head tracking. We've had new pilots who had not one or the other (or both) and training was almost impossible. If you're serious, they're really a necessity (some pilots ... mostly old timers who flew well before headtracking... do really well with hatswitch for visibility, but it takes an enormous amount of practice.
That being said... Welcome Ian! I was a member of CAP many years ago and loved it. (Learned how to keep step, spit shine, what a "gig line" means, a proper salute... and did get to fly a bit. Got my Private ticket much later but have fond memories of CAP).
Hope to fly with you soon.
Happy Birthday!... soon
- HotleadColdfeet likes this
Posted 05 April 2016 - 07:47 PM
I sent you an email this morning. Let me know if you didn't get it.
Since you have gmail, if the email seems blank, click the line in the email. The message could have gotten lost in the "trimmed content".
Signature-05.jpg 33.14KB 0 downloads
Posted 06 April 2016 - 01:57 PM
Okay if i get a joystick i cant get a tracking system but i can later in the year
That's a good order to get them in. Although, if you have a web-cam you can put together a free head tracking system. There are a few guys within the squadron with that setup that could help you. Just something to consider.
"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen."
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users