6 replies to this topic

#1 Barton

Barton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:12 AM

Been AWOL for a bit because I caught a virus and had to reinstall windows.  Decided to reinstall it to my SSD instead of my HDD so it would boot faster and all that.  Backed everything up and found I couldn't format my HDD from the windows installed on my SSD and I couldn't do it from the windows installed on my HDD because it was using the information on it.  After a bit I got it worked out and managed to format my HDD but for whatever reason when I boot up my computer is still detecting the windows on my HDD (which isn't there).  Anyone know how to get rid of this?

#2 Moxy

Moxy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 02:58 AM

Hey Barton

Could be...Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools\storage\diskmangement

Check n see, if the old OS hdd is has an active "system reserve".

Mox

Posted Image

#3 Barton

Barton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:49 AM

Might be my SSD.  I disabled the HDD and it still came up.  Then I completely disconnected it and it (2 windows) still came up.  I did have an installation of windows on my SSD that I thought I overwrote because it was never identified but I guess it's ghost is running around in my PC.  Now when I put the windows disk in it won't even load.  This crap is getting old, fast.

#4 Barton

Barton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:21 AM

I ****IN GOT IT!  Went into MSCONFIG>BOOT and found both boot options and sucessfully deleted the one that doesn't work.  

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

• Klaiber and HotleadColdfeet like this

#5 Klaiber

Klaiber

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 8,812 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:07 PM

Great to hear!

Klaiber_tiny_R.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_O.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_FS.png?dl=0

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#6 Butzzell

Butzzell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:30 PM

Ya   I had a minor problem going to SSD. 

There is a label or category you have to give the disk.  I keep thinking MSG or something. Otherwise the system does not recognize it.  Moxy knows.

Sig.png

#7 Barton

Barton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 12:23 AM

I know you have to set BIOS to AHCI or it won't recognize them at all. I love SSDs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users