1. I have "squadron management" checked. But interesting, flying some aircraft still won't let you manage your squadron. I tested B5N2 and some German aircraft. For most American planes, it is working fine. You can select different loadouts and fuel level for your flight and you are always put at the head of your flight. Flying B5N2, everything is greyed out and you are not leading your squadron in combat. Seems "squadron management" only applies to some aircraft. Could be because these aircraft were not flyable in stock game, but TBF and TBD were not flyable but they are working fine. So I am not 100% sure.
2. I started a Luftwaffe Eastern front campaign. In the first map, I selected BF109F2. The mission started with a pink plane. At first I thought it was due to 109F2 not in those 3 loadout files. So I double checked everything. It still gives me pink plane. Then I tried some different maps in the same Eastern front campaign with 109F2, it works fine, no pink plane. So it is not due to missing plane and loadout entries. Could it be because somehow the map was faulty? Or could it because when DCG generates the campaign, some AI squadrons are using missing planes or loadouts?
3. In my USMC 1943 Guadalcanal campaign, I made F4U-1A available to fly. It works fine but the interesting thing is DCG made my squadron home based somewhere on an off-map base in Australia. So every mission, I had to fly hundreds of miles to get to the front. By the time I get there, the battle is over. Wonder why DCG won't home base player squadron on the Guadalcanal's Herderson base to begin with.
4. In my USN's Santa Cruz map, I also made F6F3 available early. The funny thing is the first mission everything is fine. Then the second mission, the system downgraded my plane to F2A buffalo. My squadron didn't lose a single aircraft in the first mission. The altered available dates for F6F3 looks fine in DCG.
5. For the very first Tulagi USN map, I wanted to have more US Squadrons, so I manually added a TBD Torpedo bomber squadron. Then at the beginning of my next mission, I got a black plane cockpit (very similar to pink plane error, but just the color is different) and heard some explosions in the background. I wasn't flying the bomber though, my own squadron was a fighter F3F squadron. I also try out all USN Torpedo bombers: TBD, TBF and TBM. All of them work fine on different maps. Was it because I added too many squadrons to the carrier? or Was it the map's fault? Not sure
6. This may not be the DCG issue. The same Santa Cruz map. I took off with the first wave of fighters and bombers. Then the carrier was sending a second wave of fighters aloof. As soon as these planes spawn on deck, they explode in a big ball of fire. But interestingly, not everyone died. 1-2 planes survived and took off no problem. I have Carrier takeoff mod checked. I believe it is due to this mod. But the dilemma is if you don't use this mod, the AI just can't handle rolling deck of a carrier. There are always planes slamming into the side of the carrier on takeoff.