31 replies to this topic

#1 Pandacat

Pandacat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:30 PM

The campaign won't progress into the next map after Tulagi battle.  All I got was a briefing saying the campaign is won and then a fighter sweep mission.  I clicked fly then my squadron spawned in water. 

#2 Pandacat

Pandacat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:19 PM

Yeah, it looks like there is a serious problem with campaign progression.  Finishing one map simply won't allow you to advance to the next.  Anyone else had the same experience?

#3 sniperton

sniperton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:55 PM

You have the answer here:

http://forum.jg1.org...and-well/page-2

#4 Pandacat

Pandacat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:52 PM

No, that doesn't solve it.  Here is what is going on:

The US pacific campaign is consisted of 10 maps (from Tulagi to Okinawa sequencially).  The standard procedure is once I have reached victory conditions of one map, the campaign would advance to the next map.  Say in Tulagi map, if US forces occupies Tulagi Depot objective, then the map is won and the campaign would move onto the next one: Coral Sea.  Once I sink the Japanese carrier in Coral Sea, I win the map and advance onto Midway.  So on so forth.  As far as I remember, DCG always goes like this unless there is new stuff in 3.49 that I am not aware of.  But anyway.  Now I won Tulagi map, instead of moving onto Coral Sea, the campaign keeps generating new mission at Tulagi.  When you click fly the next mission, you and your whole squadron spawn in the water with damaged aircraft and mission fails.  As a result, you can't advance any further; your campaign is basically a dead end at this point.  So I was wondering if any of you had the same issue.  

#5 sniperton

sniperton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:17 PM

Sorry, I've never played the pacific campaign. But HSFX is different ship-wise, so a missing ship (or one whose name has changed) can result in such issues. What if you googled campaigns made specifically for HSFX?

#6 Lowengrin

Lowengrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:07 AM

Check that you have "Single Map Campaign" option unchecked. 

Years ago, there was a bug that was preventing campaigns from advancing, but it was squashed way back when.  But maybe you've found something new.

#7 Pandacat

Pandacat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:13 PM

I double checked.  "Single Map Campaign" is unchecked.  I have pacific campaign multiple times in old DCG versions.  Never encountered this issue before.  Any way to debug this issue?

#8 Pandacat

Pandacat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:18 PM

Sorry, I've never played the pacific campaign. But HSFX is different ship-wise, so a missing ship (or one whose name has changed) can result in such issues. What if you googled campaigns made specifically for HSFX?

There are many campaigns for HSFX on missions4today, but any of those are made for DCG?  Mostly they look like just Dgen campaigns.

#9 sniperton

sniperton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:33 PM

There are static campiagns and dynamic campaigns. Dynamic campaigns are either for DGen or for DCG. DCG campaigns are those which are marked as having been made for DCG. Like this: http://www.sas1946.c...p?topic=30640.0

#10 Pandacat

Pandacat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:11 AM

I heard BoB is a great DCG campaign, but I am really in mood for some carrier stuff. LOL

#11 Lowengrin

Lowengrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:56 AM

So I was playing around with the Tulagi and Coral Sea campaigns last night (and made Tulagi have a quick two day campaign for the Yorktown to get in and get out).  But when I tried to add some TBD Devastators to the Coral Sea campaign, it crashed just as the TBDs began their attack run on the Japanese carriers.  Not just once, but three times.

#12 sniperton

sniperton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:38 AM

You mean the grame crashed, don't you? Was it 4.13.2? Could you upload the generated misson file for testing, or would you look at the game log for java exception errors? 

#13 Pandacat

Pandacat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:34 AM

So I was playing around with the Tulagi and Coral Sea campaigns last night (and made Tulagi have a quick two day campaign for the Yorktown to get in and get out).  But when I tried to add some TBD Devastators to the Coral Sea campaign, it crashed just as the TBDs began their attack run on the Japanese carriers.  Not just once, but three times.

So Paul, were you able to transition from Tulagi to Coral sea?  Mine was able to transition at all.

#14 Lowengrin

Lowengrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 01:47 AM

Yes, after I added an end date in the endcampaign file.  :P

#15 Pandacat

Pandacat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 02:40 AM

hmm... Interesting.  My endcampaign file doesn't seem to work at all.  I added Tulagi end date on 5/2, but I am on 5/8 and still fighting.  Let me make sure that I have done right:

[Tulagi]
  Campaign=Pacific_Campaign
  EndDate=2/5/1942
  Victor=Red

This is all you added right?  Do you know add victory condition for Blue side as well?

#16 Pandacat

Pandacat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 02:40 PM

I encountered something weird.  The entry for Tarawa worked as expected, but Tulagi just won't end.  Also interesting is that Tarawa ends on 11/23/42, the next map Marianas starts immediately on the same date.  I always thought different maps have different dates and they don't necessarily follow each other right after.

#17 Lowengrin

Lowengrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:38 PM

Change victor to blue.  The problem is the campaign that is next is only triggered if the Japanese win....

[Tulagi]
  Campaign=Pacific_Campaign
  EndDate=2/5/1942
  Victor=Blue

#18 Pandacat

Pandacat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 03:55 PM

Btw, Paul.  I finished Tarawa map which ends on 23/11/43.  The next map Marianas was supposed to start on June, 44.  But instead, the map start date followed immediately to Tarawa's end date.  It started on 23/11/43.  Is there anyway to make maps start on correct start date? 

#19 Lowengrin

Lowengrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:56 PM

No, there's an assumption that if you finish the one campaign, it jumps to the next in the progression immediately.  I suppose there could be an option to try and keep the historical dates (if you're ahead of schedule).

#20 Pandacat

Pandacat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:16 AM

Wow, Coral Sea is buggy too.  I sank both Japanese carriers, but can't advance to the next map.  I am pretty much stucked with flying CAP mission everyday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users