31 replies to this topic

#21 Lowengrin

Lowengrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 03:25 AM

Yeah, I don't know what happened but the links between the campaigns all vanished (or were never there).  Try adding the following to your endcampaign.dcg file:

[CoralSea]
  Campaign=Pacific_Campaign
  Sunk=CV 20%
  Victor=Red
[CoralSea]
  Sunk=CV 20%
  Victor=Blue

#22 Pandacat

Pandacat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:51 PM

Ok, I'll try it out next time.  Btw, where do I see the links between campaigns?  Is it the allcampaign.dcg or grandcampaign.dcg?

#23 Pandacat

Pandacat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:44 PM

This is the only thing I saw in grandcampaign about Tulagi

[Tulagi to CoralSea] Blue

Map=CoralSea
  Front=Coral_Sea_
  DeHome=Rabaul_Airfield
  RuHome=Townsville_Airfield
  DeBase=Rabaul_Airfield
  RuBase=Townsville_Airfield

Possible to duplicate it for Red?

#24 Lowengrin

Lowengrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 05:01 PM

Yes, but it will give control of most of the map to the Japanese.

#25 Pandacat

Pandacat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:15 PM

Coral sea works fine now.  I am testing Midway and Santa Cruz next.  I know Tarawa works fine now. 

#26 Pandacat

Pandacat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:06 AM

Some additional questions:

1. It seems a lot of endcampaign entries are missing for pacific campaign.  For instance, SantaCruz, Marianas etc.  So are there any hidden conditions that are not in endcampaign file?  I saw some maps have capturing a specific point as victory condition.  Is it determined by the entry like this:

EndLocation=Polangen_Airfield

[CoralSea to Midway] Red

Map=Midway
  StartDate=03/06/1942
  BugOutRadius=1
  Front=Midway
  DeHome=Rabaul
  RuHome=Midway_Airfield
  DeBase=Rabaul_Airfield
  RuBase=Midway_Airfield
  Locale1=Eastern_Island
  Locale2=Kure_Atoll
  Locale3=Kure

Would "StartDate=03/06/1942" force the next campaign start on the date specified?  For instance, I finished the coral sea map on 10/05/1942.  Instead of starting midway on 11/05/1942, the battle would start on 03/06/1942?

#27 Lowengrin

Lowengrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:12 AM

Nope, if you pass the start date of the next campaign, DCG treats it as if the current campaign has stalled and the next campaign is delayed.  If you want to set an end date as the reason for ending (like the start date of a new campaign), you can do that in the endcampaign.dcg file.

#28 Pandacat

Pandacat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:48 PM

Nope, if you pass the start date of the next campaign, DCG treats it as if the current campaign has stalled and the next campaign is delayed.  If you want to set an end date as the reason for ending (like the start date of a new campaign), you can do that in the endcampaign.dcg file.

1. But what happens if I win the first map before the start date of the 2nd map?  Say Coral sea's victory condition is sink 50% of opposing CV.  I did that on the 1st mission which is 7/5/1942.  If I set the start date for the next map, midway on 5/6/1942, then would my midway campaign start on 6/5/1942 or 8/5/1942?

2. So in order to end a campaign, I must have an entry in endcampaign.dcg right?

#29 Pandacat

Pandacat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 03:34 PM

A typo in my last post.  For number 1, I meant to ask would my midway campaign start on 5/6/1942 or 8/5/1942.  

#30 Lowengrin

Lowengrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:54 AM

1.  If your campaign ends early, the next one will start early.  It might be overridden by the option "Fixed Start Dates/Squadrons".  It's sad that my documentation doesn't have exactly what this option does and I don't remember off the top of my head.

2. If there is no entry in the endcampaign.dcg file, the campaign will end if either side's supply zone is captured/contested or it has no air bases left.

#31 Pandacat

Pandacat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:15 PM

I see.  I remember in old version, the grandcampaign was able to religiously observe the historical start date of each sub-campaign if the prior campaign was complete on time or ahead of the schedule.

#32 Lowengrin

Lowengrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:14 AM

Try checking the "Fixed Start Dates/Squadrons" and see if it works.  (And let me know if it does.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users