Clicked refly but mission results still recorded

Pandacat

Yes. Full replacement.  It's kinda weird.  Every mission result seems to have 2 parts.  One will be recorded as long as you quit the mission without dying, the other will only be recorded when you hit apply.  The number of missions flied and number of kills on the squadron roster for each squadron member will only be updated after hitting applied.  The live or death status of the squadron members also depends on "apply" button.  The things that get recorded as long as you don't die are: 1. Ships sunk, 2. the kill numbers in the list of Aces.  So the only way to safely erase any undesired mission result is to die before the end of the mission.  

Confirmed generally, but it's a little bit different in my experience.

If you want to refly a mission and to fully ignore mission results, you have to crash your plane and kill yourself.

If you don't do so (i.e. you hit "Refly" while you stayed alive), some mission results from the interrupted mission will be taken over (=losses are added to your stats).

Example: You fly a mission and your wingman gets killed. You decide to refly the mission, hit "Esc", then "Refly". You will refly the same mission (as you expected), but you'll have a new wingman, as the previous wingman (killed in the interrupted mission) is already recorded as dead.

The only way to make the results of an interrupted mission not to happen is to kill yourself before reflying.

DCG has a true samurai mind.

Confirmed generally, but it's a little bit different in my experience.

If you want to refly a mission and to fully ignore mission results, you have to crash your plane and kill yourself.

If you don't do so (i.e. you hit "Refly" while you stayed alive), some mission results from the interrupted mission will be taken over (=losses are added to your stats).

Example: You fly a mission and your wingman gets killed. You decide to refly the mission, hit "Esc", then "Refly". You will refly the same mission (as you expected), but you'll have a new wingman, as the previous wingman (killed in the interrupted mission) is already recorded as dead.

The only way to make the results of an interrupted mission not to happen is to kill yourself before reflying.

DCG has a true samurai mind.

Yep.  True samurai spirit. LOL

The only issue I have with suicide reset is sometimes hard to judge whether to die for a particular mission.  Say I had a hard fought mission in which I achieved all my mission goals but several of my squadron mates of ace status were also gone. However you don't know whether they got KIA or captured or bailed out in friendly territory.  If you really want to save them, you reset by dying then afterward at debrief you found out they parachuted into friendly territory ok.  You will really regret about having died to replay the hard fought mission.