Some Static Aircraft not showing up...

JG7_X_Man

Guys I need some help with this...

Some active unit static aircraft are not showing up in game and I think I have found the issue:

Bf 109F-0 active on a given airfield

Static aircraft attribute =  vehicles.planes.UltimateBf109Static$BF_109F0

the static aircraft naming convention of some modded aircraft are different from the original eg = vehicles.planes.Plane$BF_109F2

Is there a way to fix this so that all static aircraft show up regardless of naming convention?

Something like vehicles.planes.*$BF_109F2 would solve this -if it's a coding thing?

Unfortunately it's something I haven't got around to addressing.  I either need to add another column to the class.dcg file or add another data file.  Maybe just a file for exceptions....

You could try and make a folder in the skins for it and then modify the id in the class.dcg to match.

Paul - So how does this actually work?

Plane$BF_109F0 = UltimateBfStatic$BF_109F0

When DCG looks for a class ending in "Plane$BF_109F0", substitute it for "UltimateBf109Static$BF_109F0"?

As is, you designed DCG to detect the kind of aircraft stationed at given aerodrome and substitute any static aircraft present in the .mis with the corresponding aircraft stationed there.

If I have a vehicles.planes.Plane$BF_109F4 in my mission.mis as a static aircraft at a aerodrome but assigned a vehicles.planes.UltimateBf109Static$BF_109F0 to that airfield how does the exclusion file help DCG do it's magic?

I did a test a got a DCG error last night - I am at work so I can't provide any details.

Plane$BF_109F0 = UltimateBfStatic$BF_109F0

When DCG looks for a class ending in "Plane$BF_109F0", substitute it for "UltimateBf109Static$BF_109F0"?

That's how it's supposed to work.  Of course, one thing I forgot to add was when it gets destroyed and appears in the event log, what to do with it.  :unsure:

The game crashes during mission creation - I tab into task manages and see that DCG failed and get a screen with "$BF_109F4" (...which is a uniform static).

For some reason after DCG crashes and I close it via task manager - IL-2 kicks me to the online screen - which it hasn't ever done before.

Paul - I updated DCG beta 7 but the staticplanes.dcg isn't doing the trick :(

This an excerpt the .mis of the 1st mission generated:

[NStationary]
  16_Static vehicles.planes.Plane$BF_109F0 2 107908.77 161819.80 265.12 0.0 de 1
  17_Static vehicles.planes.Plane$BF_109F0 2 108259.51 161915.33 265.12 0.0 de 1
  18_Static vehicles.planes.Plane$BF_109F0 2 108550.53 161783.53 265.12 0.0 de 1
  19_Static vehicles.planes.Plane$BF_109F0 2 108830.47 161889.75 265.12 0.0 de 1

This is what's in my staticplanes.dcg:

Planes$BF_109F0 = UltimateBf109Static$BF_109F0

Thanks for helping out with this SNAFU some aircraft modder have crated by not thinking about the ramifications of not keeping standard IL-2 nomenclature

Not a dumb question - yes, and it works (mission generating and skin transfer).

BF_109F0     Mdtt Bf109F0, 1941   de 2 1 1 194001 194112 BF_109F2 Bf-109F-0  none 5000 Meters  410.00 kph  800 km      410.00 kph

Question: In your test, did the staticaircraft.dcg change the entries in the initial .mis mission file?

If not, I wonder if the staticaircaft.dcg entries should be reversed?

Like so? UltimateBf109Static$BF_109F0 =  Planes$BF_109F0

Hey Paul - tried beta8, no dice.

The stationary.dcg still creates " xx_Static vehicles.planes.Plane$BF_109F0 2 166245.38 171742.31 235.12 0.0 de 1 1.0 null 1"

I edited the staticplanes.dcg switching the positions both ways to no avail.

I can manually edit the generated mission yyyymmddX.mis from  xx_Static vehicles.planes.Plane$BF_109F0 to xx_Static vehicles.planes.UltimateBf109Static$BF_109F0 and the aircraft appear in the mission, but

since it isn't not adding the correct name in the stationary.dcg, it doesn't carry over to the next mission.

I tried to manually edit the stationary.dcg but they were "x"ed out and replaced with an xx_Static vehicles.planes.Plane$BF_109F0 entry. I hope this isn't frustrating you. :)

I really thought I'd figured it out with beta 8.  :blink:

Every mission, DCG will do a check to replace a static plane at any given airfield with another plane matching a type that is being used by a squadron at the base.  So if there are no Bf109F0 at the base, they won't appear.

BTW, what mode are you generating these mission in?  Campaign (offline) or dogfight or coop?  It shouldn't make any difference (I don't think, but maybe there's some code deep in the belly of DCG that I've forgotten about).

Make sure you have no blank lines in your staticplanes.dcg file.  (Maybe that's screwing it up.)