Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:05 PM

S!   

Great !!

that is the point of FiF.

Your life is more important than your score.  Dead man do not have scores ......  only graves.

• Snaggle likes this

Sig.png

#3 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:03 PM

Looking forward to the rest of this series!  Thanks!

"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe."  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

#4 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota, United States

Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:58 PM

This is AWESOME! Thanks Barton! Looking forward to the next videos. :D

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
 fcpq25c.jpg

#5 Klaiber

Klaiber

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,025 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 04:56 AM

Great use of the stats Barton!  So glad I could give them to you.  Really looking forward to the next video. :)

Klaiber_tiny_R.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_O.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_FS.png?dl=0

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#6 Somnus

Somnus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 05:31 AM

Great video! I wish that more pilots would have this attitude (including myself!). The kill isn't the most important thing, it's making sure that you're flying in such a way that  you're being EFFECTIVE, rather than a maverick. Thanks for the reminder!

• HotleadColdfeet likes this

#7 Barton

Barton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 08:01 PM

Thanks guys I'm glad you liked it.  Second one is in the OP.  Enjoy!

#8 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 02:27 PM

Concerning the second video:

I was the low guy.

I pulled my own wings off in a high G split S when reversing to begin the engagement, after taking a bullet.  Not exactly getting  shot down, but it reinforces the lessons of these videos.  One kills oneself probably far more often than the enemy does.  In my excitement after being chased by a faster plane toward my own lines, and with nose still down, I neglected to consider the aspect of speed that I had accrued and maneuvered far too violently, handing my enemy an easy victory and robbing myself of one that would have been easily attained if he had been foolish enough to hang around; and I also facilitated the demise of one other in my flight by failing to offer a third threat for the enemy to keep track of, allowing them to concentrate on who was left.  It could easily have turned into all three lost, but for Barton's outstanding survivability. 

"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe."  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users