Photo

Starting a "fortnightly" Twitch stream! :)

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota, United States

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:56 AM

WQ85l9f.jpg

Salute gents!

In recent discussions on the ROF forums, a few people have suggested that live streaming would be a good way to promote ROF...so I am now pleased to present "JG1_Hotlead's Three-Ring Circus!"

Every other Sunday evening, I take my younger brother (Furious Flea) and younger cousin (Cloaked Careful) onto NFF for 45-60 minutes and we almost always end up having a blast. We've talked, and we've decided to start streaming our fortnightly adventures on Twitch! biggrin.png I've been working at test streaming and getting my Twitch channel set up the way I want it. You can see it here:
https://www.twitch.tv/jg1_hotlead

The astute observer will observe that I "borrowed" certain concepts from JG1_Britchot's professional-looking channel, like the topic cards in my bio. Why try to improve on something that looks great already? :P BTW, his channel is really worth a look if you are interested in Elite Dangerous. You can see it here:
https://www.twitch.tv/britchot

We will officially start streaming tomorrow at 7pm Central. (We usually fly on alternate Sundays around 5pm, but since this upcoming Sunday is Easter Sunday, our schedule will be a little off. ;) ) If you can't make it, no worries! Our broadcasts are archived for 14 days in our "videos" tab.

If you would like to be alerted when we go live on Twitch, feel free to give us a "follow" there!

Salute! icon_e_salute.gif
- HotleadColdfeet

PS: While we are on the subject of Twitch streaming for ROF, here are two streamers (past and present) who have some really good content:

1) Hellbender. Although he's been inactive for a while now, his highlights are a riot to watch! Thanks for putting these out there, Bender! smile.png
https://www.twitch.tv/hbndr/videos/all

2) Warhawk1947. For a while now, he's been livestreaming a permadeath singleplayer campaign in PWCG. His current pilot serves in the Eastern Front and has 47 missions flown with 20 air victories. Worth a watch when he's online! https://www.twitch.tv/warhawk1947

• Butzzell, Hess, Luftritter and 1 other like this

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
 fcpq25c.jpg

#2 Britchot

Britchot

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,691 posts
  • LocationLancaster, CA

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:06 AM

Looks very nice, Hotlead, followed.  Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery and I'll take it ;)

Although it's almost all been Elite Dangerous since I started, I will also stream CloD (now that I know how) and BoS whenever I'm flying public servers.  I've learned some neat tricks with splash pages for those times I step away from JG4_Karaya's OBS Tutorial.  I need to set hotkeys to mute the audio as well as throw up notifications that I'm temporarily away from the keyboard instead of cutting off the stream all together.  

I'll keep an eye out for you and your Circus if I'm not actively flying!

• Lipfert and HotleadColdfeet like this

Britchot_R_tiny.png?dl=0

Britchot_O_tiny.png?dl=0

Britchot_FS_tiny.png?dl=0

"Es ist noch ein Meister vom Himmel gefallen."

#3 Lipfert

Lipfert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:41 PM

Looks very nice, Hotlead, followed.  Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery and I'll take it ;)

Although it's almost all been Elite Dangerous since I started, I will also stream CloD (now that I know how) and BoS whenever I'm flying public servers.  I've learned some neat tricks with splash pages for those times I step away from JG4_Karaya's OBS Tutorial.  I need to set hotkeys to mute the audio as well as throw up notifications that I'm temporarily away from the keyboard instead of cutting off the stream all together.  

I'll keep an eye out for you and your Circus if I'm not actively flying!

Britchot,

Highlights of your Elite Dangerous missions would be appreciated, still plan to get it when it goes on sale.

S!

J89wFKx.png

4OGMXfg.png

ltE45Q6.png

#4 Britchot

Britchot

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,691 posts
  • LocationLancaster, CA

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:12 PM

I've been avoiding replaying any videos due to copyright issues for the music I keep on the background. However, I'll go twitch no-rights music for the next undermining trip with Klaiber and Trev so I can store it. I guess I'll have to figured out how to do that first, though ;)
  • JG-1_Trev5150 likes this

Britchot_R_tiny.png?dl=0

Britchot_O_tiny.png?dl=0

#5 Klaiber

Klaiber

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,025 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:24 PM

Very cool Hotlead!  Looking forward to watching some of your streams!

• HotleadColdfeet likes this

Klaiber_tiny_R.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_O.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_FS.png?dl=0

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#6 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:33 PM

Thanks guys! :)

Regarding our schedule, I forgot that next Sunday is Easter Sunday. We won't be able to stream then. Therefore, we are going to try for tomorrow night (Tuesday) at 7pm. I've also updated the original post and will update my Twitch page when I get home. ;)

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
 fcpq25c.jpg

#7 JG-1_Trev5150

JG-1_Trev5150

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationYork, PA

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:21 PM

I've been avoiding replaying any videos due to copyright issues for the music I keep on the background. However, I'll go twitch no-rights music for the next undermining trip with Klaiber and Trev so I can store it. I guess I'll have to figured out how to do that first, though ;)

If there's looping Command and Conquer-like music that would be siiiiick braaahhh LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq8PTCxuzTA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt7AvpAbRJk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqlb0p11RcE

• Britchot likes this

sigpic82601_6.gif

"When the game is over, the king and the pawn go in the same box." 

#8 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:34 PM

I love that name "Furious Flea" 😊 So funny!

"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe."  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

#9 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:25 AM

Thanks for the kind words guys! :)

We did our first live stream this evening. You can see it here as an archived video. What are your guys' thoughts on it as far as production goes? I could tell I needed to fiddle with a few settings as my microphone would sometimes cut off the beginning of my words. Also, I think the loading screen might have lasted a little too long before the stream actually started. Would you guys also like to see a webcam on me in my streams or would you prefer not to?

Anyway, we had a blast today. We should be flying again on April 30th. :D

• Luftritter likes this

fcpq25c.jpg

#10 Britchot

Britchot

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,691 posts
  • LocationLancaster, CA

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:21 AM

I haven't had the chance to watch your clip yet but I know I've got plans for a webcam, simply because I want to be able to interact with my viewers more. I feel the chat alone is not enough. I'll be adding it after my trip, I believe. However, I may take part of my rig with me (sans flight controls) and start that early. Hotel internet dependent.

Britchot_R_tiny.png?dl=0

Britchot_O_tiny.png?dl=0

#11 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:22 AM

Hey guys! We flew again this evening. You can see the video archived here

Although we did our customary foolin' around, Cloaked Careful and myself had some more "professional" flights where we sought to improve our communication and utilize team tactics. Flea however, really could care less I think. His main focus is about is bringing the most damage to the enemy - the more outlandish the weapon used, the better! Survival is, ah...secondary. We're still working on him lol. laugh.png

I also worked to up the game volume so it would be easier to hear their voices. We should be flying again on May 14th! smile.png

• Butzzell and Luftritter like this

fcpq25c.jpg

#12 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:36 PM

Young gentlemen flying airplanes for fun?!?!!

OUTLANDISH!    :lol:

Man you really have the pilot/gunner switch simultaneous fly/fight thing working great!  Well done!  I've never come near to mastering that.

"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe."  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

#13 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 06:29 PM

Lol thanks Luft! :)

fcpq25c.jpg

#14 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:48 PM

Hey guys!

We flew again last Sunday. Unfortunately, Cloaked Careful's joystick conked out and he was unable to fly. :( We hope to have him airborne once more by our next streaming date. 

Anyway, you can see our May 14th stream here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/143649567

We will be flying again on May 28th! :)

fcpq25c.jpg

#15 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 03:04 AM

Hey guys! We flew again this afternoon! Cloaked Careful found an extra joystick, so he was back in business! :D We had a blast, but the highlight for me was a 15 minute dogfight with a very competent N.17 pilot. 

You can find both halves of our May 28 stream here: 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/147892592

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/147900347

Here also is the highlight of the dogfight I had:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/147937900

We will be flying again on June 11th! :)

• Klaiber and Luftritter like this

fcpq25c.jpg

#16 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 10:15 PM

We streamed again yesterday! I got a chance to fly my personal skins in multiplayer! Kudos to JG1_Butzzell for doing a FANTASTIC job on them. :D

You can view our stream from yesterday here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/151175523

We will be online again on June 25!

• Britchot likes this

fcpq25c.jpg

#17 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:36 PM

Hey guys! We streamed again last Sunday! 

As always, we had a blast. Of note this time, Furious Flea managed to get 2 air to air kills with wing-mounted rockets! (Especially noteworthy since he didn't kill himself in the process both times... icon_lol.gif ) You can see our archived stream here:

We will be flying again on July 9th! 

Also, if any of you are interested, my brother Shaw (who goes by "BigBadPenguin" online) and I will be doing a test stream of Star Wars Battlefront this upcoming Sunday, at the same time as my usual broadcasts. Should be fun!  icon_e_biggrin.gif

• Klaiber likes this

fcpq25c.jpg

#18 Klaiber

Klaiber

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,025 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:28 AM

Thanks for posting!  Can't wait to watch it.

I've fallen behind, unfortunately.  I was catching your streams while I was at work, but then things got busy.

Honestly, it's like flying vicariously. :)

Klaiber_tiny_R.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_O.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_FS.png?dl=0

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#19 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:34 AM

Always a  lot of fun to watch!  Never miss one.    :P

#20 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:52 AM

Hey guys! Shaw and I streamed Star Wars Battlefront this afternoon. If anyone's interested, here's the archived video:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/156153395

• Klaiber likes this

fcpq25c.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users