Photo

Starting a "fortnightly" Twitch stream! :)

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota, United States

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:08 AM

Salute all!

Flea, Careful, and myself flew ROF again this evening. This might be one of my favorite streams yet! Nieuports, Handley Pages, and a surprise guest in the last few minutes - this stream has it all! You can watch the archived broadcast here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/157910159

We will be flying again on July 23rd! Also, Shaw and I might try streaming again this upcoming Sunday. We are currently looking at going through a co-op campaign in ARMA III. Fun times ahead...

• Klaiber, Hess and Lipfert like this

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
 fcpq25c.jpg

#22 Klaiber

Klaiber

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,183 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:30 PM

Glad Luft could join you guys!

• HotleadColdfeet likes this
Klaiber_tiny_R.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_O.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_FS.png?dl=0

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#23 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:33 PM

Wow Hotlead, you are so amazing in your 2-seaters, jumping to all positions and accurately hitting anybody who's anywhere near you!  I have no idea how you change so fast, you're in and you're firing almost instantly.  Seems like any time I get into a turret the gun is always cock-eyed and even jams itself trying to turn the opposite way I am, the whole time the enemy is firing.  Not to mention wounding and oiled engines seem to have almost no effect on you.

I don't think I've seen anybody do what you do as well as you do that trick.  There were guys like Bender/Darling who were great together, but they never did it solo anywhere near as well as you, as far as I know.

After you guys shut down, I kept flying my Camel, and in a while BH_Dudley showed up and we teamed up.  Later after the server had rotated, Butzzell came on and we all had a lot of fun for quite a while, and I switched to Dr1.  I saw Ricky Recon on the server also, although he wasn't on our TS channel.  We all had some great battles!

Big JG1 salute!  You are impressive!   :lol:

• Butzzell and HotleadColdfeet like this

"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe."  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

#24 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:09 PM

Thanks Luft! I'm glad you, Dudley, Butzell, and R.Recon had a good time! :D

Here's my process for self-gunning if it helps:

1) I have a button mapped on my joystick that toggles "switch combat post" or something like that. Pressing it once will take me to the nearest gunner position. Pressing it again will take me to the next, and so on until it takes me back to the cockpit. 

2) Before taking off (or just after) I cycle through all my gunner positions. At each one, I hit "T" for "take control" and "R" for "reload." That way, whenever I switch to take control of a gun, it'll be locked, loaded, and able to be controlled immediately. 

3) The basic key combo for "nestle to gunsight" is "Shift + T" I believe. However, that was simply a pain to hit every time I took control of a gun. So, I remapped it to the "Y" key. I don't think it has any use in the game and it is conveniently right next to the "T" for "take control" key. So, whenever I need to gun, I hit my joystick button, press the "Y" key, and I am nestled to gunsight and ready to shoot very quickly. 

4) Flying while gunning: I use my feet on the rudder pedals to make minor adjustments while shooting. Also, I rest my left hand on the joystick and use minor movements to keep my plane steady. I try not to do really spicy maneuvers while gunning, so that I can aim better. However, if both my clips run out, then I shake things up by suddenly snap rolling my plane or something like that. By the time the surprised bandit is able to reposition on me, usually my guns have reloaded and I can go at him again. Number one rule: If you think you are in danger of crashing GET OUT OF THE TURRET AND GET BACK IN THE COCKPIT TO FLY THE PLANE!!! :lol: There is no good way to really fly the plane from a turret while gunning. While in the gunner's seat, the best you can do is sort of "guide" your plane like I described above. Fly from the cockpit to get a good position, and then switch to the gunner to take the shots you've opened up. Rinse and repeat until somebody's dead. :P

• Luftritter likes this

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
 fcpq25c.jpg

#25 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:43 PM

Great tips!  I had no idea you could "Take Control"  ahead of time!

If you do that, does the AI gunner still have the ability to act, or must you do all the rear (or front) gunnery?

On my gaming keyboard, I have keys that I can record macros.  I made one that takes me into the position, takes control, and nestles to gun sight.  However, it doesn't work reliably.  Also, it can somehow get out of sync so that it doesn't do the same thing when going out and back in.  So it's not really a good solution....I like your ideas, but mainly wondering about the AI still working.  Although it's not to be trusted most of the time, I find that when set on long range, it makes an infallible warning device for incoming attackers that you wouldn't normally see, or see in time.  Like that time Weiss warned us of incoming Eindeckers when we were flying our F.E.2b's!   ;)

"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe."  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

#26 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:12 PM

Hey Luft! Yes, the AI still function if you "take control" ahead of time. They will only not shoot if you are physically in their gunner station. ;) I like to set the gunner to long range if we are in a full-real server too. Then the AI can warn me so that I can enter the position and take shots when the bandit actually gets close.

fcpq25c.jpg

#27 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:55 PM

Awesome! Thanks!

#28 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 10:54 PM

Hey all!

We streamed again this afternoon! You can watch the archived broadcast here:

We will be flying again on August 6th! 

Shaw and I might not be streaming ARMA III for a while yet. He is completely new to the game and is currently trying to learn Battlefield 1 at the moment as well. Bit much for him to take in all at once lol!   :blink:

• Klaiber likes this

fcpq25c.jpg

#29 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:44 PM

I have good news and bad news about last Sunday's stream:

The good news: I am streaming from a new gaming rig gifted to me by JG1_Luftritter (HUGE THANKS MAN!!!). Per usual, Flea, Careful, and myself had a great time, and had some really awesome flights. :D

The bad news: Apparently, when I set up my broadcast, it only recorded the sound from my microphone and didn't pick up the game sound or Flea/Careful on Teamspeak. So...in case you think I'm talking to myself and am crazy...I'm not. :lol:

I hope to have this sorted out quickly. ;)

If you don't mind the lack of sound, here is our latest broadcast: 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/164980927

I am also thinking about streaming more often. My brother Shaw and I have started doing Battlefield 1 on Mondays. Also, I might stream some more ROF on an unscheduled basis. This would be more focused on Wargrounds and flying seriously. Possibly I might also stream some BOS although I am really a noob at it. :lol: Would there be interest? 

• Klaiber and Luftritter like this

fcpq25c.jpg

#30 Britchot

Britchot

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationLancaster, CA

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:22 PM

There is always an interest in a variety of different games on Twitch.  I'd say go for it and enjoy broadcasting.  Don't look at numbers, just enjoy yourself.  

Britchot_R_tiny.png?dl=0

Britchot_O_tiny.png?dl=0

Britchot_FS_tiny.png?dl=0

"Es ist noch ein Meister vom Himmel gefallen."

#31 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:56 PM

I'd be interested in joining you for "serious" RoF flying on a regular basis, if you like.  Although the FF and CC are a riot, I'm not sure I fit in with the antics and devil-may-care adventures of the "young gentlemen"   :)

PS something is killing your frame rates, you should be getting 60+ at all times in RoF (I was getting that with one GPU).  Is that frame rate counter accurate? (I've had them read crazy inaccuracies with G-Sync enabled; the only one that's accurate for me now is the one built into my monitor).  Do you have SLI enabled in nVidia Control Panel, and in RoF?  Do you have Supersampling enabled, if so, at a very high setting?  It can be a real frame rate killer.

If all that fails, we could talk about removing one GPU.  I've never used SLI in RoF, so don't know how good it works.  Sometimes in poor compatibility games, a single card can actually work better.

#32 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:48 PM

Hey Luft!

That's super-cool that you'd be willing to join me for more "serious" flights! I'll have to see what my schedule looks like. 

I'll send you a PM about the frame rates/GPU. ;)

fcpq25c.jpg

#33 Klaiber

Klaiber

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,183 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:12 PM

Hi Hotlead,

I hope you don't mind that I moved this to the videos section. :)

Klaiber_tiny_R.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_O.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_FS.png?dl=0

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#34 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:19 PM

I don't know about you guys, but I can only see the latest of HL's videos on Twitch.  They only seem to stay for so long.  Might be better to post them another way?

#35 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:36 PM

I don't know about you guys, but I can only see the latest of HL's videos on Twitch.  They only seem to stay for so long.  Might be better to post them another way?

Twitch automatically deletes all archived broadcasts after 14 days. I can create highlights from broadcasts and those will stay forever. Just not the broadcasts themselves. ;)

fcpq25c.jpg

#36 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:55 PM

We streamed again this afternoon! Due to schedule changes, we had to stream earlier than expected. If you missed us - no worries! You can still watch the archived broadcast here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/172017027

The Circus shall return on September 17th!

Also, BigBadPenguin and I will be streaming Battlefield 1 tomorrow, and sometime during this next week, I might be able to do another "One Life to Live" stream on Wargrounds. Should be fun! 

fcpq25c.jpg

#37 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:21 PM

We streamed again this afternoon! Due to schedule changes, we had to stream earlier than expected. If you missed us - no worries! You can still watch the archived broadcast here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/172017027   ....

More absolutely amazing 2-seater simultaneous pilot/gunner skills!  Your skills at that are stunning!!  S!   :lol:  

#38 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:30 AM

JG1_Luftritter and I flew an unscheduled stream on NFF last night. We were going to try and do another "One Life to Live" episode, but Wargrounds was dead. NFF, however, was hoppin'! 

On a furball server, it's lot of fun to try and use teamwork! You can see the archived stream here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/172602859

fcpq25c.jpg

#39 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:03 PM

Hey guys! 

The Circus flew again this afternoon! This time, we had a interesting break from our NFF routine as we joined the J99 server this time. It was a lot of fun defending our airfields against enemy bombers while still trying to bomb their installations! We also had a surprise visit from my South American squadmate JG1_Hess! Overall, lots of fun all around. You can see the archived stream here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/175530571

The Circus will fly again on October 1st! :)

• Hess and Luftritter like this

fcpq25c.jpg

#40 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:41 PM

Salute all! The Circus flew again this afternoon! Here is the archived twitch stream:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/178987801

We will be taking a break for a few weeks and thus will not be streaming on October 15. Family vacation in the Great Smokey Mountains! :D I will post below once we are back and when we will stream again. ;) 

• Luftritter likes this

fcpq25c.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users