Photo

Starting a "fortnightly" Twitch stream! :)

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota, United States

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:08 PM

Salute all! The Circus flew again this afternoon! Although Careful's joystick was on the fritz again, he had a blast gunning for Flea. A free drink at the mess to the first one who can guess which plane Flea chose... biggrin.png

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/186158486

The Circus will fly again on November 12th!

• Klaiber likes this
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
Posted Image

#42 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:21 PM

Hey guys! The Circus flew again this afternoon! This time, New Fliers and Friends had a new map up, so...same old shenanigans, brand new setting! I really liked the new map - kudos to the designers! :D

You can see the archived stream here:

https://go.twitch.tv/videos/200788530

The Circus will fly again on November 26th! 

• Klaiber and Shadepiece like this
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
Posted Image

#43 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationMichigan, United States

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:03 PM

You can see the archived stream here:

https://go.twitch.tv/videos/200788530

Seems like you had a bad day on that one!   :wacko:   I hate it when that happens!

• HotleadColdfeet likes this
"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

#44 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:31 PM

Yeah lol. Ah well...happens to all of us. I wouldn’t be a very honest Twitch streamer if I only shared the times I did great! ;)

Whether I do great or terrible, I try to keep it entertaining! :D
  • Lipfert likes this

Posted Image

#45 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:49 PM

Salute guys! The 3 Ring Circus flew again today! Unfortunately, Flea's joystick was out of commission today, so it was just Cloaked Careful and myself. (I think it might be time for new joysticks for the young'uns...every other time someone's having issues. :P

NFF was actually not very active, so we made a momentous decision: Let's try Cuban's Syndicate server!!! This was Cloaked Careful's first time EVER flying on full-real settings, so it was an interesting experience for us both. We got into a few fights, and then capped it all off with a 1 v 1 training dogfight between ourselves. Educational as well as entertaining! You can see the archived stream here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/204592900

The Circus will fly again on December 10th! 

• Lipfert and Snaggle like this

Posted Image

#46 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:15 AM

Salute all! The 3 Ring Circus flew again - this time all 3 of us caught the tail-end of the action on Cuban's server! As 29 Squadron of the RFC, we attempted to carry out our mission to destroy the enemy artillery batteries. You can see the archived stream here:

I'm quite proud of CloakedCareful & Furious Flea! For being 14 and 15 years old respectively, they did an excellent job as a Bristol pilot and gunner. Perhaps we have another Bender/Darling duo in its infancy here!

I was especially proud of the way they handled their navigation, situation reports over comms, and attack runs. Well done! :D

We may break on December 24th, for Christmas Eve, but we hope to be flying again after the New Year. We will keep you posted! :)

• Klaiber and Lipfert like this

Posted Image

#47 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:01 AM

Back in the air, baby!!! icon_e_biggrin.gif icon_mad.gif icon_e_biggrin.gif

Furious Flea, Cloaked Careful, and special guest STURTZ took to the skies in Cuban's Vintage Mission today. Here is the archived livestream:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/223413136

Here's a highlight of a really nice drag n' bag STURTZ and I did. Was great flying with you, man! icon_e_salute.gif

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/223511360

• Hess, Lipfert and Sturtz like this

Posted Image

#48 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:07 AM

Hey all! Here is the archived livestream from today's shenanigans with Furious Flea and CloakedCareful:

We started out on the Syndicate server and then moved over to New Fliers and Friends at about the 33 minute mark. From navigation and balloon busting on a full-real server, to killing SPADs in E.IIIs in the furball-frenzy of NFF, this stream has it all lol! :lol: 

• Klaiber likes this

Posted Image

#49 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 04:12 AM

Salute all! The 3 Ring Circus took the craziness to NFF today! Here is the archived livestream:

• Luftritter likes this

Posted Image

#50 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:06 AM

Lot of LOL's in that one!  Did you even have any deaths?  Amazing!   :lol: 

"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

#51 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:00 AM

Lot of LOL's in that one!  Did you even have any deaths?  Amazing!   :lol:

Had one or two. A bullet-filled DH.2 does not fall to earth like a snowflake.  :P

It's honestly a fun change of pace from "super-serious" flying - although I really like that too. Flea and Careful make it a hoot, especially with their dialogue:

Flea: "We are fighting an E3!"

Careful: "No, you're fighting an E3." 

• Luftritter likes this

Posted Image

#52 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 01:25 AM

Hey guys! We flew on NFF for a bit again today! Furious Flea was out of commission, but Cloaked Careful was ready to rock 'n roll! We tried some crazy things, including trying to fly Albatros D.IIs armed with Becker cannons only, chasing down Sopwith Pups in a Gotha, and then taking on dastardly Dr 1s in Sikorsky S-16s! After Careful signed off, I stayed on the server for a little longer, but it started to die down. Since I had some time left, I transitioned to Battlefield 1 to try and rack up kills with a shotgun. Overall a lot of fun! Here is the archived stream:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/237760962

PS: Here's one laugh-out-loud moment that really stood out from today's broadcast: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/237862512

• Klaiber, Luftritter and Sturtz like this

Posted Image

#53 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:53 PM

Was looking for your latest 3 ring circus video.  Looks like you skipped it in lieu of BF1, so I watched that.  Very entertaining!

Your squad was doing great until you started losing members.  That second to last mission was a real nail biter!

That last mission was too hard to watch, though.   :unsure:  Seems like in BF1, it's very hard to achieve a kill/death ratio better than 1:1 !  Congrats on a great job by your family/squad members....some of which don't fly RoF....really great teamwork!

Saw a lot of the airplane action in at least one of the missions.  Crazy airplane maneuvering and ability to shoot through your own airframe? Wondering if that's a server realism setting, or it's always like that.  It would take getting used to!

Do you guys use a standard video game controller? It kind of looked like accuracy was hard to achieve.  A lot of those guys it looked like you hit, if not killed; but they got credit for killing you instead.  Wondering how that works.

Very fast and frenetic action.  Very impressive, I could never do it!!!    ^_^

#54 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:02 AM

Thanks Luft! Glad you found it entertaining lol. The aircraft manuevering is insane to say the least. I don't touch 'em. ROF has spoiled me lol. :lol: And yes, you can shoot through your own plane to hit enemies, so no blind spots. 

I use a good ol' fashioned keyboard n' mouse for BF 1. I like it that way. ;)

In BF 1, most weapons are not a one-hit kill. You have to lay 3-4 bullets in succession to bring a hostile down. Realistic? No. But as far as gameplay mechanics go, it gives some nice distinction between the weapons each class has available. 

Finally, you didn't miss the Circus. That is on for this coming Sunday. :D My current schedule is this:

Monday evening (when available): Rise of Flight (JG1 Coop)

Tuesday afternoon: Battlefield 1

Thursday evening: Rise of Flight (One Life to Live)

Sunday afternoon: Alternating Battlefield and Rise of Flight (JG1_Hotlead's 3 Ring Circus) 

• Luftritter likes this

Posted Image

#55 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 12:37 PM

Well, you sure know your keyboard commands good   ;) 

Is the MMP always 15 vs. 15?  What about the squads....is it three at 5 each, or is it variable?  Are you on comms with just your own squad? And what is the "revive" thing? You get to bring a dead person back to life if you're a medic?  If so, does that still count as a death for your stats....points for the other team?

Sorry about all of the questions, from a person who'll never play it; but it's sort of like watching a sports game without knowing the rules  :P 

• HotleadColdfeet and Sturtz like this

#56 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:28 PM

In BF 1, we play the Conquest game mode. They are 32 players vs 32 players. In Conquest, each map has a certain number of flags you must capture. You capture a flag by having the majority of soldiers in the capture area. Each flag you capture gives you points on the ticker at the top middle of the screen. The more flags you have, the faster points for your side accumulate on the ticker. The first team to 1000 points wins.

Regarding squads, as each round starts, some players leave and new players join. When you first join a server, you have to choose which squad you deploy with. BF 1 has a feature where squad members can talk to each other with their microphones, but hardly anyone uses this feature. Few squads really work together.

Squads can have up to 5 players each, which is perfect for us! 3 brothers + 2 cousins. :)

Each side has 4 main classes of soldiers, each with a unique role to help the team. Each soldier has 5 slots for weapons:
- Slot 1: Primary weapon
- Slot 2: Sidearm
- Slot 3: Gadget slot 1
- Slot 4: Gadget slot 2
- Slot 5: Grenade

Here are the classes:
- Assault class: Has close range weapons like smaller machine guns and shotguns. Specializes in anti-vehicle warfare with eqiuppable gadgets like AT (anti-tank) rocket guns, AT land mines, and AT grenades.
- Medic class: Has close to medium range weapons. Mainly semi-auto rifles, with one or two full-auto weapons thrown in. Specializes in reviving dead teammates and giving health to wounded players. To give health, they can lay health crates that heal anyone in the vicinity, or they can throw bandage packs to wounded players. To revive, a medic has about a 20 second window after a person is killed. They use their syringe filled with adrenaline to bring the man back. However if a soldier was meleed to death, he cannot he revived. If you get revived, the death doesn’t count towards your personal stats, but it still counts for the enemy’s personal killboard.
- Support class: Has mainly medium to long range weapons, all heavier machine guns. Specializes in resupplying teammates’ ammunition, repairing destroyed emplacements (or damaged vehicles) and supporting the main push for an objective. Resupplying ammo works just like medics giving health back. There are ammo crates and ammo pouches you can throw to people. The support has some really interesting gadgets as well, like a mortar, a repair tool, a crossbow that shoots grenades, and a time-fused limpet charge. Tough choice which one to equip!
- Scout class: Has long range weapons, mainly all single-action rifles that grant a one-hit kill at certain ranges. Specializes in long range warfare and as an advance warning system for teammates. Among other things, they can equip a spot flare to spot enemies on the minimap, or tripwire bombs, or a trench periscope that allows you to spot enemies from behind cover.

There are also pilot and tanker classes, not to mention “super soldier” kits that spawn in on certain maps. These can be picked up by any player.

If you do things right, your squad can really work to mutually support each other by using their skill sets to complement each other. That’s what makes it fun for us. :)

As far as personal points on the leaderboard goes, the game favors teamwork over KD ratio. Yes, you get points for kills, but you get a lot more for revives, heals, resupplies, repairs, spotting enemies, destroying vehicles, capturing flags, and defending flags. It is entirely possible then, to be the best player on the leaderboard with a KD ratio of < 1.
  • Luftritter and Sturtz like this

Posted Image

#57 Sturtz

Sturtz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationOklahoma. United States

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:18 PM

I've been watching as well. Gets very intense when the team gets into confined areas and runs into opposing teams. Makes my eyes bleed.  LOL

Sturtz_R_Small.png?dl=0

FIF2018s_smaller.png?dl=0

#58 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:57 AM

For those who are interested, I did a livestream in BF 1 where I did a Conquest mission with each main soldier class and explained how they worked as I went along: 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/241422152

Unfortunately, about halfway through, I must have accidentally switched off my mic and never turned it back on.  :wacko: Talk about unprofessional!  :wacko: But I did get to cover the support, medic, and scout classes before the um...mic error. :lol:

Posted Image

#59 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:19 PM

That second to last mission....the first one we couldn't hear your voice in....assault class was it?  Holy $%&!   :lol:  Your team won by ONE SINGLE POINT....one point in 1000!  Incredible!

Wish we could have heard your voice explanation for the whole thing.

Thanks!

• HotleadColdfeet and Sturtz like this

#60 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:36 PM

Yeah I know! I got really excited during that one lol. It really is too bad I didn’t get my dialogue recorded on that one. I’ll work to make sure such microphone errors don’t happen in the future. :P
  • Sturtz likes this

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users