Jump to content


Photo

Isabel and Mary


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Butzzell

Butzzell

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:28 PM

S! All

 

Those of you that played MP many years ago and were wounded, may have received a letter from one of these young women in the title.

 

J30 von Hammer still gets letters from Isabel. He has been flying Entente. Unfortunately Isabel is on the other side of the lines. So how does he get letters? Well, Isabel travels with her brother Henri, a poor disfigured youth. Henri's appearance is disturbing.  Not being accepted by most folks, he hides under bridges. That is how J30 von Hammer receives his letters. He flies under the bridge and Henri gives him the letter. The letter is actually tied around a stone that Henri throws in the cockpit as the plane passes. ( 88% chance of going in cockpit, 12% chance von Hammer is hit in the head).

 

So, we officially have Trolls in game.

 

The mission was suggested by J30 von Hammer.  Heavens to Blue Max imitation. The mission is called "The Letter".  As game starts, a subtitle lists what bridge the letter is at. It will be one of the four bridges already in use. A designated scout plane named Isabel must fly under the bridge. You get a subtitle on left side of screen saying you have letter - RTB. When you land at a friendly, active airfield you get a complete message.       At present this is set up for entente only on FiF practice server.

 

Options:

 

If the Letter bridge is also the "Active" bridge, the letter must be done before the bridge is destroyed.

Make a Central version of "The Letter" and the plane's name is Mary.

Get rid of Bridge targets as bomber missions and just use the 'Letter"mission for scout pilots.

Use as a trigger for a bomber mission

 

 

Comments?

suggestions?

Donations to the Butzzell asylum for the  mentally disturbed?


  • Hess, HotleadColdfeet and BaronVonMyakin like this

Sig.png


#2 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:56 PM

About the third choice....

 

  Where exactly do we send the donations?


Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin

GCsig.png


#3 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 886 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota, United States

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:16 PM

About the third choice....
 
  Where exactly do we send the donations?


Lol! :lol:

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

 

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
 fcpq25c.jpg


#4 Butzzell

Butzzell

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:46 PM

About the third choice....

 

  Where exactly do we send the donations?

 

 

Aren't you already a resident?


Sig.png


#5 Vonrd

Vonrd

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:55 PM

Send all monies to the designated Power of Attorney for the Butzzell Asylum for the  Mentally Disturbed... yours truly  :lol:. All monetary types including bitcoin accepted.  


  • Butzzell, HotleadColdfeet and GenMarkof007 like this
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:41 AM

Could Isabel throw also a bottle of wine with her letter! ;p
Sorry, I've been so long in Sonoma & Okanagan Valley!

See you all by mid-week.
Cheers,
Gen ;)

#7 Vonrd

Vonrd

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:07 AM

Did you score some good bottles Gen?


Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 Luftritter

Luftritter

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:30 PM

Some suggestions for possible changes that might be more in line with real-historical missions or objectives that could increase difficulty:

 

Add another AI ace so that it becomes a flight of two.  I like the idea that the planes they fly are better than anything the other side normally has; kind of like the appearance of brand new fighter types or prototypes given to aces to evaluate.  This could make it more difficult to get the mission done and generate the secondary, or endanger other missions on both sides.

 

Add another Arty Spot or Recon mission (not necessarily increase the total amount of missions).  These were the most common types of historical missions done by 2-seaters.

 

Make Balloon Defense a mission for each side.  It's too easy to shoot down a balloon in this sim, but it's hard to defend one successfully.  The actual target balloon could be either known or unknown to the attacking side; so they might have to shoot down more than one before they get credit.  The attackers would get one point for killing the balloon, but only the correct balloon; the defenders one point for successfully defending it (a 2-point swing). Both sides would have to attack and defend.  Many possible variations.


  • HotleadColdfeet likes this

"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe."  -Neil deGrasse Tyson


#9 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationAZ, USA

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:17 PM

Lol for the "Troll Bridge" mission...  I've had a lot of experience flying under bridges in our Tuesday Night Fly-In sessions, so I'd definitely sign up for that one!  :D  That said, something a little more historic is probably a bit more appropriate, and I think Luftritter had a couple good ideas there.

 

Still, thanks for the chuckle! :)

 

 

Regards,

4 <S!>


  • Luftritter likes this




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users