5 replies to this topic

#1 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:20 PM

For organizational purposes, post 'em here!
  • Klaiber likes this

"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe."  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

#2 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:35 PM

Luftritter FiF 2017 Spring Phase B4:

On backfield defense, Halberstadt D.IIs vs. Nieuport 17s (French). Hotlead and BH_Loopy as wing men.

• Klaiber, Hess and HotleadColdfeet like this

"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe."  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

#3 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:44 PM

Luftritter FiF 2017 Winter Phase B3:

Chasing down a well flown Brisfit on our side of the lines with a Fokker D.VIII.

#4 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:49 PM

Luftritter FiF 2017 Winter Phase B1:

Backfield defense, me in a Fokker Dr.1, and Fokker D.VIIs vs. SE.5as and Breguet Br.14.  Hotlead and BH_Razwald are in the D.VIIs. 

#5 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota, United States

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:19 PM

Good memories! Thanks for sharing! 

I really liked the way you rode those 2 seaters down in the 2nd and 3rd videos. Bringing them down without sustaining damage from the rear gunner is almost like an art form...it ain't easy! You did an awesome job!!!

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
 fcpq25c.jpg

#6 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:39 AM

....I really liked the way you rode those 2 seaters down in the 2nd and 3rd videos. Bringing them down without sustaining damage from the rear gunner is almost like an art form...it ain't easy!....

There's a lesson to be learned from those. In both of those cases the enemy pilots were outstanding, and they attempted to fly their fast 2-seaters as scouts. If they had initiated a tail chase, there's a strong possibility in both cases they might have escaped. Of course nobody knows the entire situation when they pick their course of action... like I was very low on fuel in the D.VIII and could not have afforded to chase any further. And can a Breguet outrun a standard D.VII? Maybe. In any case, hindsight is 20/20. One thing I do know for sure is that if you had been the 2-seater pilot and did your thing in the back seat the way you do, I definitely would have sustained damage and would have had to break off to survive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users