25 replies to this topic

#21 Razwald

Razwald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:21 AM

As usual, I had a great time. Good fights guys!

I have some good news and bad news: the bad news is I won't be able to attend the next 2 or so Thursday night fly-ins. Why? The good news: my family is on vacation to the Smokey Mountains! I'll enjoy my time there, but I will eagerly await returning to the virtual skies of ROF.

I'll still be able to participate in the last Black September event before I go though. ;)

Who am I going to steal kills from if your not around for 2 weeks. I guess I will have to steal them from someone else.  ;) My personal account I would say we shared 2 kills and possibly 1 kill on my own. 

The one thing I'm curios about I could have sworn the last stream I could fast forward through. This one I couldn't. I was curios how close where we to colliding because I was trying not to collide with the D7 so I have no I idea where you where or how close  we where. I only saw up to the bristol on the 2nd map.  Which was 10 mins in on the 2nd map.

Watching your video from your end, do you have a large monitor? I've been curios on how some guys can tell what the contact is before me. I have a 27 inch monitor.

• HotleadColdfeet likes this

#22 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:30 PM

I think he has a 27, like you. It's all in the zoom and acft recognition... unless your monitor settings are producing or causing a lack of sharpness or contrast.

"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe."  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

#23 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota, United States

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:06 PM

Who am I going to steal kills from if your not around for 2 weeks. I guess I will have to steal them from someone else.  ;) My personal account I would say we shared 2 kills and possibly 1 kill on my own. 

The one thing I'm curios about I could have sworn the last stream I could fast forward through. This one I couldn't. I was curios how close where we to colliding because I was trying not to collide with the D7 so I have no I idea where you where or how close  we where. I only saw up to the bristol on the 2nd map.  Which was 10 mins in on the 2nd map.

Watching your video from your end, do you have a large monitor? I've been curios on how some guys can tell what the contact is before me. I have a 27 inch monitor.

Lol! Seriously, I wouldn't consider those kills stolen. My first goal is to survive; kills are an added bonus. In a flight, sometimes one guy brings a plane down, sometimes the other guy. Both probably laid hits, but the game awards credit only to 1. It doesn't matter. Working together, we both brought down the bandits more efficiently than we could have on our own. That's why teamwork is so cool once it gets rolling and every one's working together "on the same page" as Moxy likes to say. :D

Regarding the stream, I think on the bottom, there should be a scroll bar where you can drag the slider to different parts of the stream. Maybe that will work?

Finally, like Luft said, I have a 27" monitor. It's a great monitor and I love it! Once I see a contact, I try to zoom in on it to see the outline. Usually, I can tell pretty quickly what it is once I clearly see the fuselage and/or wing shape. ;)

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
 fcpq25c.jpg

#24 Lipfert

Lipfert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:24 PM

Lol! Seriously, I wouldn't consider those kills stolen. My first goal is to survive; kills are an added bonus. In a flight, sometimes one guy brings a plane down, sometimes the other guy. Both probably laid hits, but the game awards credit only to 1. It doesn't matter. Working together, we both brought down the bandits more efficiently than we could have on our own. That's why teamwork is so cool once it gets rolling and every one's working together "on the same page" as Moxy likes to say. :D

Regarding the stream, I think on the bottom, there should be a scroll bar where you can drag the slider to different parts of the stream. Maybe that will work?

Finally, like Luft said, I have a 27" monitor. It's a great monitor and I love it! Once I see a contact, I try to zoom in on it to see the outline. Usually, I can tell pretty quickly what it is once I clearly see the fuselage and/or wing shape. ;)

HLCF,

Are you still using the tweaks we discussed?

S!

J89wFKx.png

4OGMXfg.png

ltE45Q6.png

#25 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota, United States

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:35 PM

HLCF,

Are you still using the tweaks we discussed?

S!

Mediator? Yes! I thought it might be affecting my FPS, so I uninstalled it, but there was no difference in my FPS, so I reinstalled it. I really like the way it sharpens the colors. Maybe that's why I have a easier time spotting?

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
 fcpq25c.jpg

#26 Razwald

Razwald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:25 PM

There where a couple times watching your video where I was thinking you have more zoom then me. So maybe its my settings I have mess with a bit.  Then again we did chase a Strutter oh I'm mean Roland so who knows.

• HotleadColdfeet likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users