New Video for CLOD 4.5 MOST amazing

Ludwig

Well folks,  this is the best work I have ever seen...

CLOD patch in the works,   4.5    can't imagine what 5.0 will be if this is 4.5..... talk about setting the bar high.....   amazing stuff

This was uploaded today ( Aug 23, 2017)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJJoVCgZqqs&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Brit to embed the most awesome video!

Kinda reminds me of the old RB3D Full Metal Jacket mod landscape, and the Hell's Angels super patch, which I always loved. In that game, it was basically just art work, but it sure looked good.

This is the kind of thing that makes me think JG1 is more interested in CLoD for the future.

I believe, as a whole, we are most interested in an engine that will provide us with a respectful population of squadrons to compete with in tournaments such as what Ghost Skies once held or Flanders in Flames currently does. Unfortunately, no WWII game out there is fielding that style of competitive, DiD tournament. Or more appropriately, no one has organized such a tournament in any of the current WWII games. However, finding a specific banner to get behind isn't only up to us.

Personally, I have found more pleasure adapting to CloD and participating in non-DiD servers there than others, currently. That said, I do, in fact, see merits for BoX and DCS on either side of that simulator and have attempted to participate in a BoX server a few times before this trip and pointed out a DCS server offering a similar environment.

JG1 "Oesau" needs result driven, competitive, and populated DiD events in order to rally everyone sleeping in the shadows. I imagine it would bring out a lot of our friends in JG51, TUSA, CIA, JG5, and the other squadrons, as well.

JG1 "Oesau" needs result driven, competitive, and populated DiD events in order to rally everyone sleeping in the shadows. I imagine it would bring out a lot of our friends in JG51, TUSA, CIA, JG5, and the other squadrons, as well.

Are we anywhere near such a point? I'd be willing to make a promo video like I did for FiF if we get something together that a lot of us will fly.

I am steadily plowing away at it for BoX.  The only hang-up at this point is finding that sweet spot between too much ground activity (then the game fails for function correctly) and too little (virtually a static environment).  Once I find that point, then the mission can move to the servers for a beta test.  The overall mission is finished, just trying to get the ground battle to work

Me too....but I only wanted to put effort into one WWII sim, out of two that I see as being very similar. My personal feeling is that DCS will never become universal or widespread enough to support the existing community, due to it's payment scheme, and other limitations that would need to be overcome. I guess having one single leader isn't going to happen, so I'm going to have to suck it up and pay double, and although the money isn't the main concern, it will be disappointing if one of them becomes unpopular very soon.