#181 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota, United States

Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:50 AM

Happy New Year gentlemen! We'll be back in action this Thursday at 8pm Central US time on Cuban's server! Let's start the new year off with a bang, shall we? :D

Attached File  rof 2018-12-21 12-04-38-29.jpg   54.16KB   0 downloads

• Butzzell, Lipfert and AngryGoat13 like this
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
Posted Image

#182 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 03:54 AM

We spent a lot of time up high last mission. We were able to get our Pfalzes up to about 6k...but this did not satisfy JG1_Vikner, however. He proceeded to shoot for the moon...and clawed his way all the way up to a historic 8 kilometers high. O_o 

Not a whole lot of engagements that night, but good teamwork and excellent formation flying to all involved! default_smile.gif

After this, a few of us decamped to Flying Circus where I ended my evening with a twisting, turning dogfight in my SPAD against a gallant Pfalz D.IIIa. I haven't had that much fun in a SPAD in a long time! 

I'll see you all on Wargrounds next Thursday! default_salute.gif

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/358523213

(Also, here is the view from the Allied perspective, courtesy of US103_Baer):

• Klaiber and Lipfert like this
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
Posted Image

#183 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:53 AM

Last night, JG1 decided to switch things up to keep it fresh. The previous Thursday, we were up at 6k. This Thursday, we were down in the weeds in our bombers, pushing the objectives! We had a very successful night on the first map, turning it around in very quick fashion - not to mention scoring some air kills along the way! The next map was Metz. Traditionally, the Huns are supposed to be relegated to stooging around their own lines to stave off the inevitable bombing offensive from the Allies. Well, we decided that we'd had enough of that. It was time to take the fight to the enemy!  B)  Thus, we lifted off in our trusty Rolands and Halberstadts and bombed out their airfields. Not in a long time have the Allied hangars burned in Metz as they did that night! Although the casualties for us were high, we managed to shut down both of their airfields (although not simultaneously as we had hoped). 

After all this, we decamped to Flying Circus for some fun dogfight action on the JG1 server. Really looking forward to the future of this title! 

All in all, it was a fun night! Big salute to all who came out and filled the skies! We'll catch you next week on Cuban's server! :)

Here is the archived livestream:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/362031209

• Sturtz likes this

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users