#181 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota, United States

Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:50 AM

Happy New Year gentlemen! We'll be back in action this Thursday at 8pm Central US time on Cuban's server! Let's start the new year off with a bang, shall we? :D

Attached File  rof 2018-12-21 12-04-38-29.jpg   54.16KB   0 downloads

• Butzzell, Lipfert and AngryGoat13 like this
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
Posted Image

#182 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 03:54 AM

We spent a lot of time up high last mission. We were able to get our Pfalzes up to about 6k...but this did not satisfy JG1_Vikner, however. He proceeded to shoot for the moon...and clawed his way all the way up to a historic 8 kilometers high. O_o 

Not a whole lot of engagements that night, but good teamwork and excellent formation flying to all involved! default_smile.gif

After this, a few of us decamped to Flying Circus where I ended my evening with a twisting, turning dogfight in my SPAD against a gallant Pfalz D.IIIa. I haven't had that much fun in a SPAD in a long time! 

I'll see you all on Wargrounds next Thursday! default_salute.gif

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/358523213

(Also, here is the view from the Allied perspective, courtesy of US103_Baer):

• Klaiber and Lipfert like this
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
Posted Image

#183 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:53 AM

Last night, JG1 decided to switch things up to keep it fresh. The previous Thursday, we were up at 6k. This Thursday, we were down in the weeds in our bombers, pushing the objectives! We had a very successful night on the first map, turning it around in very quick fashion - not to mention scoring some air kills along the way! The next map was Metz. Traditionally, the Huns are supposed to be relegated to stooging around their own lines to stave off the inevitable bombing offensive from the Allies. Well, we decided that we'd had enough of that. It was time to take the fight to the enemy!  B)  Thus, we lifted off in our trusty Rolands and Halberstadts and bombed out their airfields. Not in a long time have the Allied hangars burned in Metz as they did that night! Although the casualties for us were high, we managed to shut down both of their airfields (although not simultaneously as we had hoped). 

After all this, we decamped to Flying Circus for some fun dogfight action on the JG1 server. Really looking forward to the future of this title! 

All in all, it was a fun night! Big salute to all who came out and filled the skies! We'll catch you next week on Cuban's server! :)

Here is the archived livestream:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/362031209

• Luftritter and Sturtz like this

Posted Image

#184 US103_Talbot

US103_Talbot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 20 January 2019 - 03:12 AM

News from the front!

https://i.ibb.co/LkmZ32R/Vol-8.jpg

Vol-8.jpg

• GenMarkof007 likes this

#185 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 03:31 AM

Salute guys! I got on about an hour late, but got to participate in some nice furballs on the first map before we switched over to Gothas in the next map. We got 5 Gothas in a high-altitude formation at one point and level bombed an airfield, which was good fun! After this, I switched to Il-2 and tried some tanks. Conclusion? I suck as a tanker! :lol: To cap it all off, I went to Flying Circus and had some really entertaining 1 on 1 duels with a gentleman named GCF. Good fun! Reminded me a lot of the Bier Stein competition we did a few years back. (Maybe we should do it again sometime? Hint...hint...) 

You can see the archived livestream here:

See you guys on Cuban's server next Thursday! :)

Posted Image

#186 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 04:31 AM

It was interesting for sure! Work + college studies combined to make me a bit late again, but once I joined I got right into the action! Low overcast ceilings made for some very interesting fighting for sure! Bristols bombing targets down low, Dolphins causing mayhem at the cloud base, and SPADs lurking in the clear blue above - no matter where we went, there was action! icon_mad.gif Afterwards, Butzzell, Dudley, and I were joined by Baer as we tested out the new Camel's capabilities in Flying Circus. Our conclusion? The Camel there seems to have a pretty shocking flat flight to instant climb ability! Most engagements, I could handle 2 foes simultaneously and have a good shot at winning; when I was 1 on 1 with anyone, I could pretty much outclimb, outturn, and outspeed them. Dare I say it...but I think it may need to be nerfed juuust a tad. [Takes cover and puts on steel brodie helmet.] Not to the extent it was in ROF, but maybe just taken down a bit? Or perhaps it's fine and the competition (looking at you, Dr 1 and Pfalz) needs to be buffed just a bit. 

Following this, I had some entertaining Camel on Camel duels with GCF!

You can see the archived livestream here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/373212474

See you guys on Wargrounds next Thursday! icon_e_salute.gif

Posted Image

#187 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 07:17 PM

Last night started with...Metz. Ugh. Since we'd been on that map quite a few times recently, JG1 decided to trade German fighters for Allied bombers and knock out all the targets to roll the map as soon as possible. There was level-bombing, dive-bombing, and even some epic Handley-Page-vs-the-world dogfights!

Afterwards, we returned to the German side of life and had some good coordinated patrols. All of us scored some good kills; personally, I ended up adding 2 more victories to my One Life to Live streak and my wingmen and I RTB'd safely afterwards. Well done lads! 

After that, it was off to Flying Circus for some more dogfighting tests between the SPADs, Camels, Dr 1s, and D.IIIas. Really looking forward to the new planes, they'll add some new flavor to the dogfighting scene! smile.png

Anyway, here's the archived livestream: 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/376927864

See you all on Cuban's next Thursday! icon_e_salute.gif

Posted Image

#188 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 06:39 PM

We had a highly-eventful night that started off with a bang...quite literally lol! (I crashed into JG1_Butzzell while we were maneuvering for a shot on Baer. This was totally my fault and could have been avoided.) However, up until that point, our 4 ship Halberstadt flight did very well against enemies from above, shooting one down and sending Baer away with bullet holes and more than likely picking pieces of Halberstadt out of his flying scarf. :lol:

Afterwards, JG1 switched to flying Albatrosses and patrolled over enemy lines, bursting balloons and looking for trouble. I had one moment where I dove on a Nieuport 17 and then he completely disappeared, probably due to disconnection from the server. We concluded the evening in Rise of Flight by facing off against SPADs in a well-fought draw and then returning to base. Despite my dumb collision earlier in the evening, I managed to add 1 enemy aircraft and 1 balloon to my latest "streak," so we shall see how it goes from there. 

In Flying Circus, Butzzell, Talbot, and I conducted more outfighting tests with the Dr 1 and found that it seems to have an advantage over the Camel in a left turn, when both are loaded with 50% fuel. We also discovered what may be my new signature move...you'll have to watch the stream to find out. :P

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/380785369

See you next week on Wargrounds! :)

Posted Image

#189 US103_Talbot

US103_Talbot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:32 PM

News from the Front! Just in time for Thirsty Thursday!

vol-9.jpg

• Razwald, HotleadColdfeet and GenMarkof007 like this

#190 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 07:03 PM

Had a good time last night! Started things out with high-alt patrols and flying the Fokker D.VIIF, which I haven't done for a while! Still debating whether I like it or the D.XII better for high altitude operations. Then, I took the Albatros D.Va for some lower altitude defense options...and ended that by unceremoniously smashing into I_Got_Shot's Camel from behind. No excuse for that really; I got too greedy. Sorry about that mate! :(

Afterwards, I ran some tests in Quick Mission about the best way to attack a Felixstowe and live to tell the tale. (Hint: It ain't from directly above and behind! tongue.png 

Finally, I went to New Fliers and Friends for some entertaining dogfights between myself, Larner, and Baer. DH.2s, Fokker E.IIIs, Nieuports, Rolands, Strutters, Halberstadts...had a lot of fun puttering around in those old birds! biggrin.png

You can see the archived livestream here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/384625244

See you all on Cuban's server next week! icon_e_salute.gif

Posted Image

#191 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 01:45 AM

Hey guys, here is the (belated) Twitch stream of last Thursday's fly-in from the German perspective! College hit me like a ton of bricks with final papers for 2 separate classes...both due tonight. I had prepared for it as best I could, but it still took me out of social life for the last several days. Got the last one submitted tonight...whew! :lol:

Anyway, here's last Thursday's stream:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/388350249

Thank-you to Cuban for the interesting map choices you continue to offer us twice a month! Between Wargrounds and your server, Thursday nights continue to be engaging!  B)

I'll catch you guys on Wargrounds this Thursday! :)

Posted Image

#192 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 06:58 PM

Salute all! Had a lot of fun last night! 

JG1 started by conducting patrols over the mud and enemy lines with inconclusive results. Unfortunately, the map ended a few minutes too early, as we were practically diving on the tails of several bandits! Ah well, C'est la vie. Another time, perhaps.  icon_mad.gif

Afterwards, the map rolled to Metz, so it was time to defend our targets! JG1 took off in Pfalz D.XIIs and encountered lots of action over our side of the lines, including a dramatic furball between SPADs, Se5as, a Handley Page, and ourselves. 

Lots of fun and a big salute  icon_e_salute.gif to everyone who showed up last night! 

Following Metz, JG1 switched over to Flying Circus to try out the brand spankin' new Dolphin and Fokker D.VII! 

You can watch the archived livestream here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/392036792

We will see you all again next week on Cuban's server! 

Posted Image

#193 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:05 PM

For whatever reason, my livestream was really laggy due to network issues and I had to stop streaming after about 12 minutes. Since Baer was on holiday as well, this means no livestreams of last night's action. sad.png

Despite this, we had a lot of really awesome engagements last night! JG1 conducted multiple patrols, encountering the Brits behind their lines, within our lines, and everywhere in between! 

they-were-everywhere.jpg

Of course the highlight of the night was a massive furball in no man's land. A simple bouncing of a 3 ship flight of Dolphins snowballed into a ginormous dogfight featuring 1 flight of Dolphins, 1 flight of Se5as, 1 flight of 103rd SPADs, and 2 flights of JG1 Pfalz D.XIIs. Took my hands a few minutes to quit shaking after that one!

See you all on Wargrounds next Thursday! icon_e_salute.gif

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users