#21 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota, United States

Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:12 AM

Hey guys! Here is this week's live stream of our Thursday night fly-in. Super excited to be back in the cockpit! :D

• Hess likes this

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
 XZjh8rJ.jpg

#22 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • LocationMichigan, United States

Posted 04 November 2017 - 12:54 PM

I see I got a LOT of help on those kills! Great shooting! Thanks to both Dudley and Hotlead for awesome teamwork!
  • HotleadColdfeet likes this

"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe."  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

#23 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:31 PM

Teamwork’s what it’s all about! It’s one of the reasons I love being in JG1. As a lone wolf pilot, there is no way you can experience the satisfaction of downing a competent enemy by working well with your wingmen. I thought we did really well in those first 2 engagements vs the Albs! :)
  • Luftritter likes this

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
 XZjh8rJ.jpg

#24 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:11 AM

Hey guys! Sorry I couldn’t make the fly in tonight! Real life commitments took precedence. ;) 

We will be trying something new this upcoming Thursday. Rather than doing it on Wargrounds, we'll be flying on Cuban's excellent server! If you'd like a fresh experience from the standard Wargrounds maps, this might be your lucky night! :D

(Not to bash FourSpeed or Wargrounds of course. We have had some really awesome furballs on Wargrounds! Sometimes though variety is the spice of life. ;)

• Hess likes this

XZjh8rJ.jpg

#25 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:32 AM

Hey guys! Had a great time on Cuban's server tonight! Unfortunately, my virtual pilot died...but a new recruit has taken his place and has already gotten some kills to his record! This was one my my most fun streams to host and had a lot of interaction with viewers. Thanks for watching all! :D

You can see the archived footage here:

• Klaiber, Britchot and Luftritter like this

XZjh8rJ.jpg

#26 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:02 PM

Salute all!

I see that this Thursday is Thanksgiving in the US. Do we maybe want to consider moving this week's fly-in to Friday?

EDIT: I talked with US103_Hunter, and we've decided to keep it on Thursday. Just would be easier that way. ;) 

XZjh8rJ.jpg

#27 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 04:19 AM

Hey guys! Here is tonight's Twitch stream of "One Life to Live!"

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/203806734

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! For my part, I'm thankful to be a part of this awesome community. Salute! icon_e_salute.gif

• Klaiber likes this

XZjh8rJ.jpg

#28 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:43 AM

Salute all! Had a blast flying tonight on Cuban's server! Super-low cloud cover made navigation quite interesting to say the least lol! Thanks for keeping things fresh Cuban! :D

Here is the archived Twitch stream:

I've been experimenting with adding a webcam to my streams. This time, I had the camera view my controls as I flew. In previous streams, like my ARMA III and BF 1 streams, I had the camera view me. Feel free to let me know what you guys prefer! :)

• Klaiber and Wilhelm_Reinhard like this

XZjh8rJ.jpg

#29 Klaiber

Klaiber

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 10,569 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:43 PM

Hi Hotlead,

Really glad that you're still streaming these.  With my schedule on the weird side, it's great to be able to watch and fly vicariously. :)

Keep up the great work!

Klaiber_tiny_R.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_O.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_FS.png?dl=0

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#30 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:19 AM

Hey guys! Here is last night's live stream:

Had fun and several really tense encounters. Not to mention a few lessons learned lol.

See you all next Thursday on Cuban's server! :D

• Wilhelm_Reinhard likes this

XZjh8rJ.jpg

#31 Wilhelm_Reinhard

Wilhelm_Reinhard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:06 AM

This time, I had the camera view my controls as I flew.

In stream chat, I mentioned it would be cool if the camera were behind you, showing your controllers and your monitor from your point of view. I later realized that showing the monitor would be redundant :P

#32 Wilhelm_Reinhard

Wilhelm_Reinhard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:14 AM

Not to mention a few lessons learned lol.

To whoever said that people watching people play computer games should "Get a life!": you do see the irony in that, right?

:D

S!

Wilhelm

#33 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:06 AM

Hey guys! Had some awesome action on Cuban's server. Thanks for hosting our fly-in, Cuban! Always a pleasure. :)

Here is the archived live-stream:

Looking forward to next week! :D

• Klaiber and Butzzell like this

XZjh8rJ.jpg

#34 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:03 AM

I always hate to miss the earlies.  You just don't see enough opportunities to fly them.  I think I would have liked to fly N17 though   :)

Concerning Wilhelm's comment about Hotlead gliding home.  It's not that unusual in RoF at all, especially when you have that kind of altitude.  It's not that uncommon to see folks glide all the way home to their aerodrome, even from the enemy side of the front, sometimes quite far behind!  That's why they say altitude is life I guess   ^_^   RoF is fun that way!

"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe."  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

#35 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:09 PM

True! What was funny to me is that my fuel ran out just as I was over the aerodrome. Talk about perfect timing - or luck lol! :lol:

XZjh8rJ.jpg

#36 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:48 AM

Hey guys! Had fun on Wargrounds with everybody today! Here is the archived livestream:

• Hess likes this

XZjh8rJ.jpg

#37 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 05:08 PM

Well, you and IGS both got each other at some point.  You see why I love to fly Camel with IGS whenever possible   :D   He's as good as there is in one, and he manages to get groups of them together for organized attacks.  It's always fun.

You did well!  S!

#38 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:36 AM

Hey guys! I was able to make the fly-in this evening! Here is the archived stream:

You will notice that this week's stream is in 2 parts. That is because my joystick/throttle went on the fritz while flying...twice. :(

Hope to have that solved soon!!! O_O

XZjh8rJ.jpg

#39 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:57 PM

Hey guys! I was able to make the fly-in this evening! Here is the archived stream:

You will notice that this week's stream is in 2 parts. That is because my joystick/throttle went on the fritz while flying...twice. :(

Hope to have that solved soon!!! O_O

I heard the Windows device disconnect sound when you lost your game controllers, Hotlead.  I think Vickner's suggestion of going into the device manager and turning off the suspend mode for the USB controllers sounded pretty worthwhile to try.  I also had a lot of ports that would do what yours are doing, right after I built my new computer.  I ended up moving devices around onto different ports until they kept working flawlessly all the time.  With all the USB ports my motherboard has, only about 4 or 5 of them are reliable, which isn't enough for all my stuff.  So I actually had to add a USB add-on card internally that provided another two USB 3.0 ports.  My quadrant and pedals are now plugged into that, and work flawlessly.

I'm also going to try Vickner's suggestion...who knows, maybe those ports will work reliably.  However I doubt that I'll start switching things around again, now that they're working excellently in their current configuration.  Best case, I could get rid of my USB add-on card, and have a spot for a sound card again, which I had to give up to do what I have now.  But it's a PITA switching things around and testing, and I don't want to find out it doesn't work right in the middle of an online flight.

Let me (or us) know how it works out for you.  That's a real problem!

EDIT:

Here is what the setting looks like in the Device Manager.  Under the "Universal Serial Bus controllers", right-click each sub-heading that you have, and go to "Properties".  If the device has a tab called "Power Management", uncheck the box shown in the screen shot below; then hit "OK".  Everything that has the word "Hub" in it, and some others, will have this tab and setting.  Do each one in turn until you've done all of them.

Hopefully this will help!

ff4ee55105.jpeg

#40 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:36 PM

Thanks Luft! Done!  B)

XZjh8rJ.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users