#61 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota, United States

Posted 09 March 2018 - 04:29 AM

Hey guys! Got online a little late this evening, but MAN! was the sky action-packed! Lots of fun flying with my squad! Here is the archived Twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/236742258

See you all next Thursday on Wargrounds! :D

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
Posted Image

#62 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:33 AM

Salute all!

Had a great time as usual on Wargrounds tonight! Got to give my new MFG pedals a real baptism of fire, and I was quite pleased with their performance. A highlight of the night was one of the most tense engagements of my ROF career. You can see it from beginning to end starting at the 1:23:30 mark and ending at the 1:38:30 mark. When facing superior numbers, pre-engagement positioning is key.

I'll see you all again next Thursday on Cuban's server! :D

• Lipfert likes this
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
Posted Image

#63 Lipfert

Lipfert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:10 PM

Hotlead,

Wonderful, I think we might need to have a discussion regarding the Rise of Flight graphic tweaking that I helped you setup. It would appear the group have vastly different abilities to spot in the simulation during this mission as a unit, some good and some bad.

Just so everyone knows, I had a really big problem with spotting in Rise of Flight for a very long time. Quite by accident I was tweaking Battle of Stalingrad and found out my Rise of Flight issue was resolved.

Here is a refresher, things have changed but I'm pretty sure we should create a common baseline for the unit.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/61597527

S!

• Jocassee and Sturtz like this
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#64 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:19 PM

Thanks Lipfert!

Regarding ReShade, I’m not quite sure what you’re getting at. Do you want me to change my settings? I personally like them how they are.
  • Lipfert likes this

Posted Image

#65 Lipfert

Lipfert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:42 PM

Thanks Lipfert!

Regarding ReShade, I’m not quite sure what you’re getting at. Do you want me to change my settings? I personally like them how they are.

Hotlead,

No, what I was trying to convey is that others are not getting the same result.

Based on the excellent Twitch stream you posted (really enjoyed it), you are in the golden sweet spot for quality and identification.

S!

• HotleadColdfeet likes this
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#66 Jocassee

Jocassee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:13 PM

Great flying yesterday. That was the type of flying and teamwork I hoped for when I enter the ROF world. 

"It’s much easier to aim without view of the gunsight than it is without view of the enemy. " ~ Barton

#67 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:23 PM

Hotlead,

No, what I was trying to convey is that others are not getting the same result.

Based on the excellent Twitch stream you posted (really enjoyed it), you are in the golden sweet spot for quality and identification.

S!

Ah, ok! I’d be glad to go over my settings when I get a chance. :)

Great flying yesterday. That was the type of flying and teamwork I hoped for when I enter the ROF world.

Glad you had a good time! As I’ve said before, if you hadn’t spotted those SPADs as early as you did, the whole engagement would have gone differently. That first bounce went like clockwork. I have to agree with what you said just after the bounce: “That was freaking exhilarating!!!” :D

Posted Image

#68 Jocassee

Jocassee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:54 PM

By the way, listening to the twitch stream this morning, I realized the reason my mic was hot all the time was because I was feeding in the web cam mic. My normal headset is voice activated. So that's why you heard all that racket when I was typing etc. 

"It’s much easier to aim without view of the gunsight than it is without view of the enemy. " ~ Barton

#69 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • LocationMichigan, United States

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:19 PM

Salute all!

Had a great time as usual on Wargrounds tonight! Got to give my new MFG pedals a real baptism of fire, and I was quite pleased with their performance. A highlight of the night was one of the most tense engagements of my ROF career. You can see it from beginning to end starting at the 1:23:30 mark and ending at the 1:38:30 mark. When facing superior numbers, pre-engagement positioning is key.

I'll see you all again next Thursday on Cuban's server! :D

Very impressive that your engagement took place at 5,000 m !  Good to see some realism taking place in MMP.  I think US103 gets a lot of credit for that.  It's good to see them flying as an organized unit that provides a skilled opposing force.  S! to Hunter for bringing that to these sessions.

"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

#70 US103_Talbot

US103_Talbot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:38 PM

What time eastern? I seem to never find anyone on when i log in.
Posted Image

#71 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:41 PM

S! RR,
It’s always around 9 pm eastern for events!

Cheers,
Gen ;)

#72 US103_Talbot

US103_Talbot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 29 March 2018 - 12:52 AM

Roger dodger
Posted Image

#73 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 03:31 AM

Had fun times this evening! Had a few close calls where I felt lucky to be alive. Highlight of the evening? Fending off 4-5 SPADs with JG1_Shadepiece and living to tell the tale. You can see the archived livestream here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/244461581

We'll be back on Cuban's server next Thursday! B) 

• Luftritter and Shadepiece like this

Posted Image

#74 Shadepiece

Shadepiece

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationThe Rockies

Posted 30 March 2018 - 05:22 AM

Guys, the thatch and weave we started performing is around 1:11:00 in. I think you guys will be thoroughly entertained if you watch the next 7-8 minutes from that point.

It was really well preformed by us both, and I think it'd be beneficial for us all to know how to pull this off. This is by far the best way to deal with Spads!
  • Luftritter and HotleadColdfeet like this
Fire only at close range, and only when your opponent is properly in your sights.

-Hauptmann Oswald Boelcke, Jasta 2

#75 Kliegmann

Kliegmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationKenosha, Wi

Posted 30 March 2018 - 03:09 PM

Hotlead, if you can edit the video, I would like the section of video demonstrating the Thatch Weave in actual combat action for the Fliegerschule.  Seeing the maneuver in action being performed may help the Kadetten understand what we're trying to teach and show them.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#76 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • LocationMichigan, United States

Posted 30 March 2018 - 03:13 PM

Sorry I didn't get together with you guys last night.  I kind of need a vacation from my vacation, so I played it lazy.  Driving from the top of the US to the bottom and back on I-75 is just not as fun as you might think   :lol: .  I've developed a special hatred for the Dayton-Cincinnati area, the  Atlanta-Macon area, and the Tampa-Sarasota area.  I must have been held up by at least 15 accidents in those areas during the entire trip.  Add to that bad driving weather at times, and a fear of driving on high places south of Kentucky / north of Knoxville, and it just doesn't seem like anything I'm ever going to enjoy.

I hope to have a better inclination to fly again soon....shoot me a text if you want help.

S!

• HotleadColdfeet and Shadepiece like this
"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

#77 Shadepiece

Shadepiece

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationThe Rockies

Posted 30 March 2018 - 04:16 PM

https://en.m.wikiped...iki/Thach_Weave

I grossly mis-named the maneuver. I'll hang my head in shame. Regardless, the maneuver was followed to a T.
Fire only at close range, and only when your opponent is properly in your sights.

-Hauptmann Oswald Boelcke, Jasta 2

#78 US103_Talbot

US103_Talbot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 30 March 2018 - 04:35 PM

Yeah, atlanta traffic is awful.
Posted Image

#79 Kliegmann

Kliegmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationKenosha, Wi

Posted 30 March 2018 - 05:17 PM

https://en.m.wikiped...iki/Thach_Weave

I grossly mis-named the maneuver. I'll hang my head in shame. Regardless, the maneuver was followed to a T.

Ahhhh, close enough

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#80 Klaiber

Klaiber

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 11,404 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 05:46 PM

Nice engagement guys!

Klaiber_tiny_R.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_O.png?dl=0