#121 Schäfer

Schäfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 12 May 2018 - 11:08 AM

I managed to get some points on the board this time. Thanks to all for their support.

!S!
  • Luftritter and HotleadColdfeet like this

albatros_dv_jasta_6_1_by_ws_clave-d4wlgn

#122 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationMichigan, United States

Posted 12 May 2018 - 01:36 PM

I managed to get some points on the board this time. Thanks to all for their support.

!S!

Nothing is more satisfying than seeing our new jastafliegers achieve success!  Congrats to you, sir!!   ^_^

• HotleadColdfeet likes this

"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe."  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

#123 Shadepiece

Shadepiece

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationThe Rockies

Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:12 AM

Sorry gents, was called out to work one last time. Really wish I could have gotten on, but you know how it is. Schafer, we will get in the air together soon mate. Apologies for going missing right after offering to take you on my wing.
Fire only at close range, and only when your opponent is properly in your sights.

-Hauptmann Oswald Boelcke, Jasta 2

#124 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota, United States

Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:14 AM

Salute all! Had a lot of fun this evening, despite me getting home a little late. We had everything tonight from high-alt engagements to on the deck bandit chases - not to mention a case study on the multiple ways pilots can break a Pfalz D.XII on landing or takeoff lol!

Here is the archived Twitch stream:

I will see you all again next Thursday on Wargrounds! :D

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
 XZjh8rJ.jpg

#125 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:47 PM

Listened to your post-stream commentary, and I don't want you to get the wrong idea about the engagement in which I separated.  I judged that you didn't need my help with the R.E.8 and so made the decision to separate and try to help the others.  When I said that it was amazing how quickly one becomes alone, I meant that when I dove in, there was Butzzell, Vonrd, and GenMarkof in that area (maybe more?), and for one reason or another they all disappeared very quickly through no fault of their own by reason of being attacked.

Although I was lucky enough to have caught Loopy with a good bounce, I was low when Hook arrived.  I really had no options at that point since I can't outrun a SPAD at ground level, and Hook knows his plane and mine, and knew he could out-turn me, which is a thing you'd normally never try in a SPAD, but against a Pfalz D.XII it's the best option.  I barely kept alive through scissoring, and when I saw an opportunity, I tried to make good an escape.  In retrospect I should have stuck with the maneuvering, although I doubt it would have ended any differently.  In the end, took a bullet or two from Hook and then I blew up my own engine through using too much altitude throttle for too long and of course dorfed the landing.

S! to Hook, Razwald and Loopy for fights well fought!   B)  Hope you all can make it to FiF Saturday!

"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe."  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

#126 Sturtz

Sturtz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationOklahoma. United States

Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:03 PM

Luft,,, I should have stayed on your six when you dove in instead of sticking with Hotlead. Next time holler at me to follow you and we can drag and bag a few .

Sturtz_R_Small.png?dl=0

#127 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:13 PM

Luft,,, I should have stayed on your six when you dove in instead of sticking with Hotlead. Next time holler at me to follow you and we can drag and bag a few .

I didn't expect that either, Sturtz, although you would have been welcomed.  I knew you could go either way, but since HL was the flight leader, you make the correct decision.

In any engagement, flights are expected to get separated at some point.  Just think of that R.E.8 as a part of a very large engagement.  He was passing through the general area, which is why the whole situation evolved in the first place.  Technically I did the wrong thing by telling HL I was breaking off, instead of asking.  Most people know I play things a little loose and go rogue now and then.  However, I have little doubt HL would have had any objection anyway; we both understand one another very well and I think we both knew we could handle our situations separately....at least that was the plan.

In the end I stayed alive by bravely running like smoke and oakum at the first opportunity   :)

• HotleadColdfeet and Sturtz like this

#128 Kliegmann

Kliegmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationKenosha, Wi

Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:03 PM

• Luftritter, HotleadColdfeet and Ricky Recon like this

FIFXXV_ribbon.jpg?dl=0FIF2017winter_smaller.png?dl=0FIF2017spring_small.png?dl=0FIF2017fall_small.png?dl=0

#129 Schäfer

Schäfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:20 AM

Its so easy to get separated in the thick of a fight and so it was in WWI. Pilots who had been in the middle of a fight suddenly found themselves isolated with no one around. I cant see that anyone is to blame when this happens as its never anyones intention.

albatros_dv_jasta_6_1_by_ws_clave-d4wlgn

#130 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:03 PM

Salute all! Got started a little late last evening (what with Windows updates and ROF updates erasing some of my default settings) but hey - better late than never! :D We got the good, the bad, and the ugly sorties all in one stream this evening lol...enjoy! :)

NOTE: Had some initial sound issues in the first part of the stream where you could only hear my voice in one headphone. We got that fixed mid-way through the stream. ;)

Also, as of next Thursday, we are going to be switching solely to the Cuban-Syndicate connection server. We'll test-drive that for a few weeks, and if it all seems to work well, we'll keep the Thursday night fly-in there. We appreciate your feedback and wish to make this as fun as possible for you all!

Until next time!
JG1_Hotlead

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
 XZjh8rJ.jpg

#131 Smolders

Smolders

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:10 PM

Mr. Hotlead..I was told last night that at one point I had you in my sights!!!! Very exciting moment for me!!!! 

#132 Kliegmann

Kliegmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationKenosha, Wi

Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:30 PM

Just watched the part of your attack on me.  I did see both of you, I saw your yellow nose, got a bit confused, then quit fighting

FIFXXV_ribbon.jpg?dl=0FIF2017winter_smaller.png?dl=0FIF2017spring_small.png?dl=0FIF2017fall_small.png?dl=0

#133 Kliegmann

Kliegmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationKenosha, Wi

Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:08 PM

Around 1:31 the Alb that you saw that was blurry was prob me gliding home after I Got Shot and I hit each other.  All the flares poppin at that balloon was me.  I was in a tight circle around the balloon looking for you, but I Got Shot found me first

#134 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:55 AM

For those who are interested, it looks like Cuban’s going to keep this event going. :)
https://riseofflight...t-fly-may-31st/
  • Klaiber and Schäfer like this

XZjh8rJ.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users