• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#141 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:17 AM

Thanks all for the encouraging comments.

RL has hit us too but hopefully we can get 4-5 planes up each week for the next little while.

@Ricky Recon New sig huh..but yeah, that Gotha hole is ineffective from the OH lewis angle. Tbh I find human- flown Gothas pretty easy from below unless i make a mistake. The AI however do that gentle left-right roll thing which makes it hard to stay in the blindspot.

@Luftritter Not sure why we don't have a presence in FiF, will ask the guys and try get some in the next event. The timezone won't work for me unfortunately - kick off is 1 or 2am here. Btw thanks to your videos i have a nice smooth handling Nieuport 11/17 now, so those kind of things do have a good shelf life.

Salute All. See you in the air

#142 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota, United States

Posted 02 November 2018 - 04:58 AM

Salute all! After a few months' absence, I've reentered the fray once again. Glad to see Thursday nights still going! :D

Had an awesome time scanning the skies and facing some stiff competition with the US103rd! You guys were good when I left, but I would dare say that you've all gotten even better! Very good cohesion & teamwork!

After the serious flying, I went and had a series of hilarious duels on New Fliers and Friends. Apparently my Camel and DH.4 skills need to be dusted off lol.

Anyway, you can catch the livestream here:

Also, you can get a view from the other side with US103_Baer's excellent YouTube stream here:

• Butzzell and Lipfert like this
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
Posted Image

#143 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:47 PM

Salute all!

Was quite the interesting night on Wargrounds this evening!

You can see my archived livestream here:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/333440900

You can also see US103_Baer's livestream from the Entente perspective here:

(Twitch stream 0:00:00 - 1:03:48)
We started off with some super high-alt attempts to engage the US103rd in our Pfalz D.XIIs, Fokker D.VIIfs...and Dr 1s. (We dragged poor AngryGoat up to nosebleed altitude in his Dr 1. Upon his return to our lines, we were only able to stave off the effects of severe hypoxia with craft beer and assurances that we wouldn't do that to his beloved Dr 1 again. :lol:)

(Twitch stream 1:07:00 - 2:16:28)
Following that, we headed to the claustrophobic skies of winter Cappy, where JG1 and J30 teamed up to try some 2 seater formations with Halberstadt CL.2s and Rolands. Had some interesting run-ins with the US103rd once more, and some entertaining dogfights with a brave man flying a Sopwith Triplane and one particular Cuban gentleman in a SPAD 7.

(Twitch stream 2:18:00 - 2:39:00)
I then decamped to NFF in search of some PvP action. No luck, so I took an S-22 and tried to brush up on my level bombing. After the bombs were dropped, I attempted to dogfight the AI in my trusty Russian passenger plane. :P

(Twitch stream 2:40:00 - end)
Still searching for PvP action, I returned to Wargrounds determined to have some fun. One life to live was earlier; now it's time to live like there's no tomorrow! Thus, we took a hypnosis-inducing paintscheme in our gun-packed DH.4 and attempted to draw some planes into a fight. After that, it was back to NFF for some really hilarious dogfighting action with some dedicated Camel pilots, including the one and only Voodoo! (Several collisions may have been involved...my apologies, Herr Voodoo!)

All in all...I had way too much energy last night. This is what happens when I take a 3 hour nap in the afternoon. :P :lol:

Big salute to the US103rd! You guys are maintaining your discipline and cohesion. But you still manage to have fun, which really is why we fly this sim. (On that note, seeing Parsons demonstrate low-altitude bombing techniques at 0:09:35 on Baers YouTube stream is the funniest thing I've seen in ROF livestreams for a while lol!)
  • Butzzell, Etzel and US103_Larner like this
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
Posted Image

#144 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:13 PM

Was funny watching 'Larner's amazing disappearing SPAD trick' from the Bosche perspective - I was glad to see those 3 Pfalzes swing back towards Hunland ;)

EnglishGerman---------------Detect languageAfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBanglaBasqueBelarusianBosnianBulgarianBurmeseCatalanCebuanoChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianNepaliNorwegianNyanjaPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScottish GaelicSerbianShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSouthern SothoSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshWestern FrisianXhosaYiddishYorubaZuluEnglish

• HotleadColdfeet likes this

#145 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,119 posts
  • LocationMichigan, United States

Posted Yesterday, 02:17 AM

.... I took an S-22 and tried to brush up on my level bombing. After the bombs were dropped, I attempted to dogfight the AI in my trusty Russian passenger plane. :P....

Much was said about the number of reloads the single Lewis needed on the S-22.  The original number of rounds in a Lewis gun was 47 rounds.  Later, the double drum (97 rounds) was developed.  I believe all planes in RoF must have the 97-round drums, other than the S-22, which is an early war plane.

Also, you were chatting with a twitch follower about the ease the game allows for "lifting a double Lewis and changing firing positions".  If you'll recall, all of the double Lewis' are on a ring mount, and don't have to be moved to different firing positions.  At the same time, their field of fire is somewhat more limited than the single Lewis (which needs to change firing positions to cover 360 degrees).  Obviously, most gunners would agree that the more limited field of fire is far less of a disadvantage than having to re-position the gun every 90 degrees.

In most cases, the historical accuracy of RoF is pretty good.   ;)

Thanks for posting the videos, they provide hours of serious and many times humorous entertainment.  I find myself laughing out loud!

Thank you!

• HotleadColdfeet likes this
"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

#146 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:07 AM

Thanks Luft! Glad you're enjoying the streams!  B) Good point about the Lewis guns. Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever seen the twin guns mounted on a pole in the back; only the single version. Like you said, I'd personally take the ring mount and double guns any day over the single gun and switchable firing point. Also, the Lewis gun on the S-22 did take some getting used to. Guess I've been spoiled by the 97 round Lewis guns lol. :lol:

• Luftritter likes this

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users