• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Etzel

Etzel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:45 PM

In most of the mission descriptions for the 2-seater primary objectives I found a statement like e.g.:

Recon aircraft may carry ordinance and are allowed to bomb secondary objective targets, as well as supply trains and supply convoys. They may not bomb Icon targets. That role is strictly relegated to pure Bombers.

​I am interpreting the "secondary objective Targets" as those targets that are activated after primary objectives are completed, now just to make it clear: Is (for example) the recon plane allowed to bomb any secondary target, even it was not activated with this specific plane and pilot, but from anyone else?

Or is this rule specially dedicated to the situation: Only if you returned the photos of a recon flight successfully, you are allowed to direclty re-use the same (recon-)plane for the bombing of exactly this secondary target that you have activated?

And regarding the "Targets of Opportunity" (like e.g. supply trains): Does it bring any advantage for the team to bomb such targets?

....hope Q's are clear and not (too) stupid...  :unsure:

Thx / best

Etzel 

#2 Klaiber

Klaiber

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,302 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:15 PM

Hi Etzel,

​I am interpreting the "secondary objective Targets" as those targets that are activated after primary objectives are completed

Exactly.  Secondary Targets are those that are activated after Primaries have been completed.

And in the case of "targets of opportunity" that any aircraft can bomb or strafe, we're talking specifically about stationary vehicles or stationary ships...

http://forum.jg1.org...ves/#entry32868

...and moving targets of opportunity...

http://forum.jg1.org...ves/#entry32871

...and anything that says it's open to all aircraft to attack, like the HQ attack:

http://forum.jg1.org...ves/#entry32870

Any aircraft can bomb or strafe these targets of opportunity.  It doesn't have to be attacked by the same person who triggered it.

Attacking these targets will give your team points.  So you want to make sure to knock out as many as possible.

I may have forgotten something here, but I'm running out the door.

Let me know if I've missed something. :D

Klaiber_tiny_R.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_O.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_FS.png?dl=0

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#3 Etzel

Etzel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:55 PM

Thanks also an this fast reply and the clarification regarding "Odd" vs "Even" maps... 

So far no open questions for me....  

Salute / c u on saturday!  :)

• Klaiber likes this

#4 Klaiber

Klaiber

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,302 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:30 AM

See you Saturday!

Klaiber_tiny_R.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_O.png?dl=0