7 replies to this topic

#1 Klaiber

Klaiber

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,302 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:11 PM

Hi All,

As many of you were aware, during the October 21st mission of FIF, we had significant lag issues which forced us to postpone the start of the "Fall Campaign."

Butzzell is convinced that it was map related.  We may have crossed a line with the total number of airbases and the types of planes available.

On Thursday night, a new modified map was stress tested with about 20 people.  They popped flares, dropped bombs and shot everything up.  It went well.  And while some people said they saw a jitter or two, there is nothing to indicate that there will be any issues with using this revised map.

As a result, the "Fall Campaign" is going to restart this Saturday, October 28th at 2PM EDT / 6PM UTC.

We hope to see you there!

If anyone has any concerns, just let us know.  We're happy to help.

See you in the skies over France!

-Klaiber

Klaiber_tiny_R.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_O.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_FS.png?dl=0

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#2 Centerline

Centerline

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:20 PM

Unfortunately I won't be able to participate this weekend and the 11th is out too.  Both weekends I have car show's I have to attend.  Will try to be there other Saturdays though.

• Klaiber likes this

Centerline

Hans_Bergen.jpg

#3 Butzzell

Butzzell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 05:48 PM

S! All

Many thanks to Cuban for running Saturday's session. Congratz to Blue team for an outstanding performance. (you know payback is coming)

Well Snaggle looked at the server and saw that it was really low on RAM and barely running TS. So, I checked on services and what it would take to add some more RAM. Something must have changed. The server cost with additional RAM is now 25% less.  I put in the order but.... ooooops I screwed up and selected a new location.  It took two hours to transfer and then it took me two hours to reset the IP addys and get the pw right. That means the server has a new ISP addy.   JG1 TS will have a new addy. Hang on before you change anything. We are trying to get the name and addy set so it works with the old bookmark.

Famous last words.... everything should be fine now.

• Klaiber and Snaggle like this

Sig.png

#4 Klaiber

Klaiber

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,302 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:51 PM

JG1's TS works again. :)

Klaiber_tiny_R.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_O.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_FS.png?dl=0

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#5 Butzzell

Butzzell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:26 PM

S!

Just a reminder Saturday, 4, November, 2017 is just the second mission for FiF fall campaign.  It will use the 'even' map and Blue team is still Central and Red team is still Entente.

Red team will also use the new wing mounted 50 caliber machine gun pods with 10,00 rounds of ammo and laser spotter. 

• Klaiber, Snaggle and FourSpeed like this

Sig.png

#6 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationAZ, USA

Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:17 PM

S!

Just a reminder Saturday, 4, November, 2017 is just the second mission for FiF fall campaign.  It will use the 'even' map and Blue team is still Central and Red team is still Entente.

Red team will also use the new wing mounted 50 caliber machine gun pods with 10,00 rounds of ammo and laser spotter. 

I can't wait until we get to play with those same .50 cals in a couple of weeks!  :P  :D

Cheers,

4 ~S!~

#7 Butzzell

Butzzell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:54 PM

S! All

Just a reminder, Saturday, 11 November, 2017 is the third mission for FiF Fall campaign. We will switch sides. Blue team is Entente and Red team is Central.

Should we really be fighting on the 99th anniversary of the end of the war? Since war is Hell, I guess the answer is Hell yes!

I have made some adjustments to the JG1 server. It is now running 3 cores and 7 gig of Ram. If we get lag, I am afraid that we must rely on the kindness of Mr. Cuban. I have already sent him the files.

As for as the JG1 server, if it does not work this  week, we will find a new server provider.

Apologies to all for our recent problems. 

• Klaiber and BaronVonMyakin like this

Sig.png

#8 Butzzell

Butzzell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:28 PM

Phase A session 4

Well, the server is ok. Had some bugs with the mission.

Score for Entente is 14 not 16.

Problem with score was with rescue mission. I had a counter that was on reset after each use. It caused the rescue message that should be in the scores to display early and not display at the end. This same counter is responsible for inflating the score.

Next session we go to a new plane set and Blue team is Central, Red team is Entente.

Sig.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users