Photo

"Race Against Death" - an event by Liberator!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota, United States

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:16 AM

I had a lot of fun this evening on Liberator's "Race Against Death" event. Thanks for hosting it Lib! icon_e_salute.gifHere is the archived Twitch stream:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/203037935

Might be a bit tedious to watch for some, as I had to crash several times before I even reached the airfield! If you want to skip to the really dicey part, skip to the end at about 1 hour and 44 mins. Attempting to land in 15 meter/second wind, with snow, in near-IFR conditions. One of the most tense experiences in my ROF career! icon_eek.gif

• Klaiber and Wilhelm_Reinhard like this

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
 fcpq25c.jpg

#2 Wilhelm_Reinhard

Wilhelm_Reinhard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 03:19 AM

"What are we transporting that's so valuable, anyway?"

Seriously, HotLead? Bier, of course! The Deutsches Heer  would grind to a halt without it. I thought that's why you took a Handley Page: payload capacity!

;)

• HotleadColdfeet likes this

#3 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota, United States

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:23 AM

Lol! Shoulda guessed. So...when I was dropping all my extra ordinance, I was bathing the countryside in beir! What a waste...oh well, at least the locals love me now!

Random farmer to his wife: "I'm telling you, my wish came true - it was raining bier from the heavens! That's why I smell like a distillery - honest!"  :D

• FourSpeed and Wilhelm_Reinhard like this

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
 fcpq25c.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users