DCG 3.47 Open Beta Test

Lowengrin

A beta of the latest DCG is available here for those who wish to give it a try:

http://members.shaw.ca/lowengrin/il2dcg347beta2.zip

Please post any bugs to this list.

Additions (so far) to Version 3.47

Added planes and armour for game version 4.11m. Raised cloud height to a maximum of 5000 meters. Added options for gusts and turbulence settings. Removed search routine if the time setting is normal or faster to allow carrier battles to occur if there's only one mission a day. Increased payload lengths to 40 characters.

Note: After installing, remember to reset your basic options and, if using DGen or NGen Replacement modes, make sure these options are re-checked before running IL-2 Forgotten Battles, Pacific Fighters or 1946. Mods which have made changes to the event log may not work with IL2DCG.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to work just fine Paul, no problems so far with all the different campaigns I have thrown at it - with the exception of Lonestar's DCG Solomons 1942-45 V1.5 (unmodded)- get planes exploding at the start (this is without the Ki-45 add-on files included as option with his campaign).

This could be the campaign, 4.11m, or DCG. I am unsure as to which.

Campaign link:

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,14977.0.html

Weird. I would have said it's the payloads.dcg and allpayloads.dcg files that are in Lonestar's Solomons campaigns, except that you're saying it's also happening in one of the stock campaigns....

Anyway, try deleting those two files from his campaigns (and maybe the class.dcg file too) and see what happens.

Anyway' date=' try deleting those two files from his campaigns (and maybe the class.dcg file too) and see what happens.[/quote']

Thank you!!!! That did the trick for the Solomon's campaign - it didn't actually work properly until I deleted all three (it needed his class.dcg file removed too). Even got the Ki-45 optional version working as well - just can't fly it as it was designed to be in the campaign if selected (using Ki-45 flyable mod), but that is my problem to figure out, not yours...at least it is there and flies in place of the Bf-110 stand in.

I will play around with more of the stock DCG campaigns and see if the Kiev'43 issue for me creeps up elsewhere.

Appreciate you time.

Redwolf

We try this new 3.47b2 version on our server.

We use it in dogfight mode.

Settings in the Custom Mission Panel: about Gusts and Turbulence. Both on Reduced.

Result in campaign.dcg: Gusts=Off, Turbulence=Reduced.

Back in Custom Mission Panel: Gusts=Off, Turbulence=Reduced.

It seems that Guts come back each time on Off in the Custom Mission Panel.

Settings in .mis files created: nothing about Gusts and Turbulence in the [WEATHER] item. There isn't [WEATHER] item.

Will you do something about [sEASON] and [WEATHER] items?

Like this:

[sEASON]

Year 1940

Month 6

Day 15

[WEATHER]

WindDirection 45.0

WindSpeed 5.0

Gust 8

Turbulence 3

Where WindSpeed is determined by the weather conditions in the Custom Mission Panel.

Thanks for this great soft.

howzit Lo, hope all is well. Been awhile, sick to find the original forum was lost, choke good stuff in there.

Running through some of my 3rd party campaigns with beta (NGen) & stock 4.11, all good so far. Can you confirm the airfield lights on/off by TOD/enemy adjacency feature should be working in all modes, & radar/recon/fog of war only in Dogfight?

thx … soda

We try this new 3.47b2 version on our server.

We use it in dogfight mode.

Settings in the Custom Mission Panel: about Gusts and Turbulence. Both on Reduced.

Result in campaign.dcg: Gusts=Off' date=' Turbulence=Reduced.

Back in Custom Mission Panel: Gusts=Off, Turbulence=Reduced.

It seems that Guts come back each time on Off in the Custom Mission Panel.

Settings in .mis files created: nothing about Gusts and Turbulence in the [WEATHER'] item. There isn't [WEATHER] item.

Okay, I'll have a look and see if I can fix it for the next build. Thanks for catching it.

howzit Lo' date=' hope all is well. Been awhile, sick to find the original forum was lost, choke good stuff in there.[/left']

Hey soda, long time, no see! Yeah, when the forum blew up, I nearly tossed in the towel.

Running through some of my 3rd party campaigns with beta (NGen) & stock 4.11' date=' all good so far. Can you confirm the airfield lights on/off by TOD/enemy adjacency feature should be working in all modes, & radar/recon/fog of war only in Dogfight?[/left']

Sorry, I can't confirm that. I would assume all that info is in the [MSD] part of the mission file...? If so, it won't work without the server host putting together a custom MSD file for the campaign.

Just need to go to the FMB, set up the things you want and save the file. Then add the MSD section to the template of your campaign. Or if the campaign has begun, just open the MSD.DCG file and the data for that section in it.

Then come back and tell me if it works. ;o)

Hi Paul!

First, many thanks for the 3.47beta!

I tested it only for a short time in one of my 3rd party campaigns and I have noticed a few things!

1.The timetable command "setfuel" for the player squadron works sometimes and then not! For the first mission almost never!

I believe, it has something to do with the setting of the "SetTimePassage" command", but I could be wrong! Can not really say how it works for the AI squadrons

2. DCG creates for bomber, mostly for the first mission, a bombing attack on a Sea location where nothing is, except the territory flag of the other party!

3.I had in a few "Search and Destroy" missions, against a sea target, only one attack point!

The "ingress point" starts at one end of a ship route and the "attack point" at the other end"! The aircrafts flew over the target and couldnt later find the target!

However, I can not say whether this is always the case!

If yes, is it possible to create more, maybe a second "attack point", in the middle of the route?

Thats all, again thanks for your work!

Thanks for the new Beta!

Just noticed a small issue, not really a bug, but just data. The I-15bis is still showing as non-flyable by default in the Aircraft Class Settings window.

EDIT - Also noticed the Letov-328 doesn't appear on the Squadron list as an available aircraft even though the campaign date is within its availability.

Tree

1.The timetable command "setfuel" for the player squadron works sometimes and then not! For the first mission almost never!

Okay' date=' I will have a look at setfuel code. Thanks!

2. DCG creates for bomber, mostly for the first mission, a bombing attack on a Sea location where nothing is, except the territory flag of the other party!

Does this map have land locations or is it all sea? And are you sure it's a bombing attack and not just a recon mission?

3.I had in a few "Search and Destroy" missions' date=' against a sea target, only one attack point![/quote']

Sea targets should have two attack points. If the target location is in the sea routes (.srd) file (not patrol box .prd file) make sure that the points between locations are not too great (like 10 km) otherwise attack points will be too distant from each other.

The I-15bis is still showing as non-flyable by default in the Aircraft Class Settings window.

Easy fix' date=' thanks!

EDIT - Also noticed the Letov-328 doesn't appear on the Squadron list as an available aircraft even though the campaign date is within its availability.

It won't appear if there is no folder for it in PaintSchemes. DCG determines which planes you have in your version by the paint folders. So check that you have one - I noticed a lot of new planes didn't.

The I-15bis is still showing as non-flyable by default in the Aircraft Class Settings window.

Easy fix' date=' thanks!

It won't appear if there is no folder for it in PaintSchemes. DCG determines which planes you have in your version by the paint folders. So check that you have one - I noticed a lot of new planes didn't.

It's already there, under Paintschemes/Skins/S-328.

Also noticed this in the DCG class.dcg:

LetovS_328 Letov S-28 sk 2 2 0 193412 194412 none LetovS_328 none 2600 Meters 160.00 kph Default 160.00 kph

Adding the "3" didn't fix the issue (realigned spaces after the edit).

Does this map have land locations or is it all sea? And are you sure it's a bombing attack and not just a recon mission?

Sea targets should have two attack points. If the target location is in the sea routes (.srd) file (not patrol box .prd file) make sure that the points between locations are not too great (like 10 km) otherwise attack points will be too distant from each other.

There are usually no land locations nearby except some ships! However, last time there was a seaplane base and ships in the vicinity!

And yes, it was a "bomb enemy defences around "Sea location" mission! Action radius setting: 700km

As I said, it happens only in the first mission, then everything works normal!

Here is a link to an example picture of a S&D mission! Its a .srd route with 4 waypoints in it:

EDIT

Finally, one question!

Would it be possible that flights, which were used for an intercept mission, receive no fixed target in their waypoints!

The problem of AI is, that they dont react during the way to the target to other opponents except the target aircrafts! This can be very problematic if the opponents are fighters! Had the problem in many situations in my campaigns, that the interception flights were shot down completely without much defense!

Lonestar, can you send me an actual mission file (.mis) with the funny bombing missions. And also, if you could send me the core waypoint files for your campaign like the .srd, .prd, .rds files. Thanks!

I'll have a look at the intercept flights. There's some other things I wanted to tweak about them.

Then come back and tell me if it works. ;o)

nope' date=' MDS stuff does not seem to work in NGen, guessing it needs the BornPlace stuff. Recon planes use their own [MDS_Recon_Red/Blue'] entries. Can’t get the airfield campfires on/off by enemy adjacency / call to tower working either. And campfires reset to 0 every time i open mission in FMB.

But the new AI & CEM sure is fun, & twice now my P40E AI buddies have sunk Italian freighters, something I recall being pretty rare previously.

3.47 beta doesnt work well for me. I'm using 4.11m with a hotfix that should prevent CTD's, dcg works fine otherwise but crashes to desktop without any explanation after about 15 minutes of playing. I installed 3.47 over a clean IL-2 installation, 3.46 works fine with 4.10.1 and game works fine without dcg.

In dogfight mode:

It seems that now AIs pilots have individual skill linked to the pilot.dcg file. It works fine. Some Rotte are very dangerous. Lol.

How does it work? How do you know if an AI pilot is alive or dead (captured) when the mission is ended?

How do you determine the renewal of a dead (captured) AI pilot by an other one? With wich skill level?

Okay, okay. It's enought for today...

Thanks Sir for this great soft.

3.47 beta doesnt work well for me. I'm using 4.11m with a hotfix that should prevent CTD's' date=' dcg works fine otherwise but crashes to desktop without any explanation after about 15 minutes of playing. I installed 3.47 over a clean IL-2 installation, 3.46 works fine with 4.10.1 and game works fine without dcg.[/quote']

At this point, I can't even hazard a guess as to why this is happening. And whether it's just an isolated incident or something more widespread. Hopefully if others are having this problem, they will report it.

In dogfight mode:

It seems that now AIs pilots have individual skill linked to the pilot.dcg file. It works fine. Some Rotte are very dangerous. Lol.

How does it work? How do you know if an AI pilot is alive or dead (captured) when the mission is ended?

How do you determine the renewal of a dead (captured) AI pilot by an other one? With wich skill level?

These questions don't really belong in the beta test thread, but I'll answer them.

DCG knows an AI pilot's state from the event log file. Each pilot in the pilot.dcg file that flew has an ID that it looks for in the log to find out if the pilot died, if the pilot shot another plane down, etc. Then DCG tabulates the scores for those that lived (so they might get a little better for the next time). If they died, DCG creates a new pilot at one rank lower than the previous pilot and gives him some experience based on that rank, his country, and his squadron's overall skill level. You can set the squadron's skill level on the DCG Squadron Panel.

In dogfight mode:

These questions don't really belong in the beta test thread' date=' but I'll answer them.

[/quote']

The purpose of my post is to underline this new feature in dogfight mode coming with 3.47b2 version.

Have a good day.