#2 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota, United States

Posted 27 December 2017 - 02:29 PM

Really nice! Swing music wasn’t something I originally thought would work for a montage, but hey - that was fun! :D
  • Barton likes this

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
 XZjh8rJ.jpg

#3 Lipfert

Lipfert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 03:16 PM

Barton,

Looking forward to the P-40 tutorial.

S!

• Barton and HotleadColdfeet like this

J89wFKx.png

4OGMXfg.png

ltE45Q6.png

#4 Kliegmann

Kliegmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • LocationKenosha, Wi

Posted 27 December 2017 - 03:29 PM

Good flying Barton.

• Barton likes this

FIFXXV_ribbon.jpg?dl=0FIF2017winter_smaller.png?dl=0FIF2017spring_small.png?dl=0FIF2017fall_small.png?dl=0

#5 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts
  • LocationMichigan, United States

Posted 27 December 2017 - 03:35 PM

Day-am.  Nobody better than this guy at calculating lead that I have ever seen.  He's hitting guys that aren't even in view under his nose.  Totally impressive!

• Barton likes this

"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe."  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

#6 Hess

Hess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:57 PM

S!

3427943873a9a66f4686a6b574807bf9.gif

• Barton and HotleadColdfeet like this

BIs Bald,

hess_jointsig_S5.png

#7 Wilhelm_Reinhard

Wilhelm_Reinhard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:03 AM

New P-40 Montage!

Okay, that's spooky. I was just thinking yesterday of a live recording of this tune that I love and how well it would go with a WW2 flight sim video, mainly because of the virtuoso drumming of Gene Krupa. My dad was a drummer and this was the music of his time. Playing tunes like this (along with what then was called "dirty blues") in local clubs, then later playing in the army band (too young to serve in the war) helped pay for his degrees. An inspired choice, Barton, well done!

#8 Barton

Barton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:42 AM

Okay, that's spooky. I was just thinking yesterday of a live recording of this tune that I love and how well it would go with a WW2 flight sim video, mainly because of the virtuoso drumming of Gene Krupa. My dad was a drummer and this was the music of his time. Playing tunes like this (along with what then was called "dirty blues") in local clubs, then later playing in the army band (too young to serve in the war) helped pay for his degrees. An inspired choice, Barton, well done!

I was looking to do a montage with music of the period and swing music just has that energy that compliments the action, I think.  This song is particularly good!  Glad everyone has enjoyed it!  More to come--and pretty soon, too, the way these German pilots are just throwing themselves in front of my guns!

• HotleadColdfeet likes this

#9 Vonrd

Vonrd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:40 AM

Nice!

I saw you used flaps at least once, I thought that would make the Kitty fall out of the sky...

I can see why some really like the P40. Those 6 Ma Deuces really seem to pack a punch (perhaps over-modeled?).

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users