Central’s Major League Vulching

Barton

Just my 2 cents on this.  We are better pilots then what vulching implies we are.  As you can see from the video, alot of people know who we are, even if we're not using our uniform, and that could cause that reputation to rub off on the rest of us.  Remember the adage, "If you piss off 1 person they're gonna tell 10", and in cases like this they not gonna say, "Yeah that guy Kliegmann is always sitting over airfields vulching", they're gonna remember that I have II./JG 1 in front of my name and they're gonna make the remark, "yeah there was a JG 1 guy that was vulching over the airfield".   There's really no need to do it, especially on open servers that isn't DiD, and set with infinite equipment.  Just look at it from a point of view of it happening to you - You were in a fight, or over a target and got shot up, and low on ammo.  You manage to escape, nursing your engine, or having one shut down and feathered, flying at tree top level for the last 20 minutes, only to reach the, what you thought was the safety of your base, only to be jumped on by some coward that chances are, wouldn't stand a chance against you if you weren't wounded.

A personal Case in point - I am more of a ground attack guy in BoX.  I typically fly 110s, cause I'm not a very good fighter pilot.  Several months ago, I jumped onto Liberty and took a 110 on a bombing mission.  I got messed up by AAA over the target, returned to base and was shot down by a I-16 as I was on approach to land.  I jumped into a 109, and started my take-off, the I-16 attempted to strafe me on t/o, but I was able to get airborne.  I turned into him and shot him down.  He never attempted to use any kind of vertical maneuvering, just tight horizontal turns, and low to the ground.  So after that I thought about landing out and grabbing another 110, but decided to stay and orbit over the airfield.  Over the next hour or so, I shot the same guy down another 3 times and maneuver killed him at least once, before he called me a name (I really dont remember what he called me) and seemingly rage quit. (Its funny, he's vulching over an airfield killing wounded aircraft, but I'M the asshole!!!!)