#1 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:55 PM

S! All,

Here is the second part of my visit WW1 era at the Flight Museum of Seattle - May 2017...

Hope you enjoy these great planes of WW1!

h3hdHeA.jpg

What was so funny Von?

2CdvpfS.jpg

Ready to fly and meet up with some enemies in the sky!

fZT13tV.jpg

Zigomar No5... nice looking typos! Nieuport 24bis

IDr7zmX.jpg

iwmg8Sp.jpg

Aviatik D .1

0VuaspQ.jpg

Nieuport 28 C1, No 14

YWvQhnj.jpg

7kWBUVF.jpg

Spad XIII

5rTOZar.jpg

Nieuport 28 C1, No 14

Olrayzm.jpg

RPzE6gn.jpg

Curtiss JN-4D Jenny

2vD82xz.jpg

Going back to base after a hard landing with a Breguet bomber!

6LAEcaC.jpg

Not a good day for this pilot!

B2PppLF.jpg

Not very happy to be captured!

2v0JfpH.jpg

The DVIII, on a wall!

XtpSnom.jpg

The DXII... love this plane!

DlEbwLH.jpg

The DXII... 

Wa8w8Bm.jpg

The DVII...

839bdfX.jpg

Some US Squadron, bombers and recons!

rsMJyD1.jpg

Some US Squadron!

B9BCYAK.jpg

Some US Squadron, bombers and recons!

FmHXBvY.jpg

Would love to find any comics of WW1!

Pfzb3xH.jpg

More stuff...

----------------------------

The Museum of Flight, Seattle, Wa.

Cheers,

Gen ;)

• Klaiber, Butzzell, Hess and 3 others like this

#2 Klaiber

Klaiber

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 10,355 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:59 PM

These are amazing!  Thanks for sharing Gen!

• GenMarkof007 likes this
Klaiber_tiny_R.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_O.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_FS.png?dl=0

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#3 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:01 PM

Thank-you for posting your excellent photos!  S!   :D

"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe."  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

#4 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:53 AM

I think the N28 is a replica on Quinten Roosevelts plane.  He was the youngest son of Teddy, one of the first pilots killed in the newly created 95th pursuit sqdn.

These are great!

• GenMarkof007 likes this

Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin

#5 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:07 PM

I think the N28 is a replica on Quinten Roosevelts plane.  He was the youngest son of Teddy, one of the first pilots killed in the newly created 95th pursuit sqdn.

These are great!

That's the skin I always use for the N28 in RoF; but the cowl stripes are blue instead of black, as shown here.  I wonder what the story is on that.  I think a lot of times they can't really tell from old black-and-white pictures what the colors were in real life.

"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe."  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

#6 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:15 PM

That's the skin I always use for the N28 in RoF; but the cowl stripes are blue instead of black, as shown here.  I wonder what the story is on that.  I think a lot of times they can't really tell from old black-and-white pictures what the colors were in real life.

I think you are right Luft. Looking closely, I think the cowl stripes in the pic are blue but definitely darker than the blue I see in most prints of the plane.  Also noticed that the green used on the J5 DVa tail is darker than what was used at the time. 

Minor details however, they are still great reproductions!

#7 Kliegmann

Kliegmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • LocationKenosha, Wi

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:26 PM

I think you are right Luft. Looking closely, I think the cowl stripes in the pic are blue but definitely darker than the blue I see in most prints of the plane.  Also noticed that the green used on the J5 DVa tail is darker than what was used at the time. 

Yeah, wrong color is wrong color, but in the case of different shades of the same color, I think one of the problems was the colors were specific mixtures.  I remember either someone saying or reading it somewhere that MvR's scarlet was a very specific color mixture that he had specially ordered when he could find someone to do so.  So replicating the color today is difficult if not impossible without the color mixtures they used.

• J5_Gamecock likes this

FIFXXV_ribbon.jpg?dl=0FIF2017winter_smaller.png?dl=0FIF2017spring_small.png?dl=0FIF2017fall_small.png?dl=0

#8 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:03 PM

I kind of wondered if it actually was an extremely dark blue, almost a dark purple when I was looking at it; but on my screen it looks downright black, and everybody who looks at it is going to be affected by their monitor's different color renderings.  I'm sure Gen would remember if it looked blue or black to him when he actually saw it in the museum  Even the brown of the camo looks very dark to me, more dark than is used in our game.

#9 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:26 PM

I kind of wondered if it actually was an extremely dark blue, almost a dark purple when I was looking at it; but on my screen it looks downright black, and everybody who looks at it is going to be affected by their monitor's different color renderings.  I'm sure Gen would remember if it looked blue or black to him when he actually saw it in the museum  Even the brown of the camo looks very dark to me, more dark than is used in our game.

Agreed. Danudet makes a good point too.

As for the brown, on my monitor it looks almost like copper!  :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WW1, Seattle, Museum, visit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users