Still following this, thanks Geezer!
Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:09 PM
Very inspiring stuff. indeed!! Great work my good fellow!!!! I'm glad you are doing this.
I have done something along similar lines where I post up the letters and diary entries written by my piloten persona (only just as they appear when you put them in the forum not all fancy like yours)...I enjoy the writing part. Perhaps you could explain to me how to made my stuff look like a journal entry or hand written letter so I can post up my little works, or would that be bad form stealing your creative juices and all that?
Posted 07 April 2018 - 03:46 AM
No bad form, no secrets, happy to share
1. I start with a photograph of an actual journal page, that I made look old with coffee or tea to stain. I have a copy stand and good lighting, but for a single sheet you could do the same thing with a scanner
2. I scan at 300 dpi ( important for the text font to look nice)
3. I use photoshop elements to put the photo image on a layer and the text on a layer
4. If you know photoshop, there are things you can do to make the text look more like its real, like, make the layer slightly transparent, use a blur filter and I usual add a style layer to make the color of the ink vary. ( this one requires more instruction, if you are serious about it and you have photoshop elements I can give you more
Really is a mix of sketching, photography and photoshop, but you can get something pretty nice without going in that deep.
- Klaiber and Smolders like this
Posted 07 April 2018 - 01:17 PM
PS ....I really like Luftritter's comment (I don't know what it means but I really like it).
It was a reply to Smolders' question
It means that the subject in question is far more complicated than the person asking it realizes, and would take years of training to actually accomplish....basically exactly what Klaiber said Not meant to be derogatory in any way
From past communications, I was under the impression that you're a professional graphics designer and/or cartoonist
Posted 08 April 2018 - 01:34 PM
Understood, I was just teasing a bit.
Hmmm...tired old campaigner Architect... who stumbled into WW1 and WW2 flight sim world.... that opened the trap door into a love of Aviation Military history.... that led to repressed desire to do something artistic...that didn't involve budgets, schedules and errors and omissions insurance.
(unfortunately I somehow I still managed to get myself tied to a schedule )
- Klaiber likes this
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users