#21 Vonrd

Vonrd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 05 May 2018 - 07:02 PM

This looks like an interesting solution to mounting. Ingress / egress may be problematic though...

https://forums.eagle...ad.php?t=108257

Posted Image

#22 Schäfer

Schäfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:02 PM

My current joystick (Cobra M5 Defender) is about to go to the silicon heaven. 

Pagr, you can buy the VKB version here. They have them in stock atm. http://store.x-plane.org/

The great thing about this stick is that it has an ARM processor onboard so that all the bindings are stored on the stick itself.

S!

albatros_dv_jasta_6_1_by_ws_clave-d4wlgn

#23 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • LocationMichigan, United States

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:11 PM

Update on the Virpil line.  I also posted a related thread on the space sims area of the forum.  They came out with a new base that can be used for conventional desk mount, called the "WarBRD", and it's compatible with their other grips.  They also came out with an entire stick based on that mount, but it's a stick type designed for space type sims.

I got tired of waiting for VKB and their lack of any assurances that you could ever actually buy a stick from them, and constantly pushing projected availability dates back.  I was impressed with the build quality of the Virpil bases, which can be seen in the video posted in the space sim area.  So I went ahead and pre-ordered a WarBRD base, and also ordered the Mongoose T-50 grip which is a grip very similar to the VKB Gunfighter MKII grip and is of course configured for flight sims.

One other feature about it that I'm very happy with is that the new base is fully compatible with their long-stick mounting system, and of course the stick extentions; and it has the stronger springs included that you would most likely use if you were to do that.  So you're not restricted to a desktop only type of unit.

Also their HOTAS throttle looks extremely interesting, useful and high quality.  I didn't purchase that at this time, but it looks like it could easily take the place of my quadrant if I wanted to do that in the future.

The whole total costed just over $428.62 US, including shipping from Belarus.  I'm excited to try this out when everything eventually arrives.  I had to wait a while for my Milan Flight Gear pedals, and the wait was well worth it....so I'll wait for this new stick base also; but at least it's actually ordered and processing.

I'll keep you updated if you're interested.  Thanks again to Vonrd and Loopy for initially directing me to the Virpil line.

S!

"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users