41 replies to this topic

#21 WWGeezer

WWGeezer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:25 AM

No worries, just happy to be flying with you guys.  Will be flying Russian next week.

(If it is too quiet can add back in more of the AI, but lets go one more week and see how it goes.)

Salute!

• GenMarkof007 likes this

#22 WWGeezer

WWGeezer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:14 AM

Tuesday 3-6 is a meeting night from 5:30 - 6:00 Pacific, so we should start a little bit earlier, pretty much 6pm straight up, maybe 5 minutes of warm up to let people show.  Wingwalker's flying Russian, usual password.

I really stripped the AI down, so a couple enemy show up at the targets no matter what, but not much else.  You guys like that as is, or do you want  a bit more enemy AI coverage?

Also VonRd....can you remind me when you are flying your test server, some folks were interested, having trouble finding the post

Thanks All!

#23 WWGeezer

WWGeezer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:31 PM

ooops....posted the same thing twice.  I think I will bump up the AI a little bit just to make sure everyone sees some action.

#24 Ewald

Ewald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:03 PM

Sorry, will not be available for the next two Tuesday night missions as I will be away, out of town for work. Looking forward to jumping back in on my return.

R/

#25 WWGeezer

WWGeezer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 04:21 AM

No worries...happy to have whoever we can get.  Added back some of the AI.  Server was a little touch and go this week thanks to all the storms on the east coast.  Seems to be okay now.  Same map as last time, just switched sides, so we will be flying Russian.  usual password.  Should start right at 6:00 pm Pacific.

#26 Vonrd

Vonrd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 06 March 2018 - 04:50 AM

Once again, I may be late or even not be able to make it... work sucks but I have to do it  :( .

Posted Image

#27 Lipfert

Lipfert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:41 PM

Might be tied up till late tonight, got a business conference going on the next couple of days.

S!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 WWGeezer

WWGeezer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:10 PM

WWBattles, This Tuesday at 6:15ish....apologize if we started early last week and missed some folks, will keep our eye on the lobby this time for late arrivers

1. We are tired of the snow, switched to a summer Stalingrad map

2. We will fly Russian again, likely switch to German the following week.

3. Narrowed the field of play to inside the white box unless either side destroys its two targets, than they can move on to the outside areas

4. Tired of Russian base names I can't pronounce so shorten them and gave them slang names ( Kuzz, Bass, Verne, Zappa)

5. Kept ample AI, if we get higher attendance will cut that back

You are all welcome to join if interested.  

Pic2.JPG

Pic3.JPG

Pic4.JPG

#29 Ewald

Ewald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:03 PM

Sorry as I cannot be available for this coming Tuesday's event. I am still away for work this week. I am looking forward to rejoining next week.

R/

#30 Vonrd

Vonrd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:27 PM

Sorry I missed last week but I have a few (well deserved IMO  :P ) days off this week so I should be there.

Posted Image

#31 WWGeezer

WWGeezer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 12:35 PM

We are flying a Vandy mission tonight. Remember our TS has a password now. We are flying German , JG1 welcome to fly with us or against us.

This mission has a fair amount of AI, added some on the Russian side too. doing this as a bit of a heat test on the new patch.
  • Lipfert and GenMarkof007 like this

#32 WWGeezer

WWGeezer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 01:40 AM

Tuesday April 3rd, flying the same mission.  No password on the server, there is a password on TS.  PM me and I will give you the password.

We are flying German, welcome to fly with us or against us.

#33 WWGeezer

WWGeezer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 01:38 PM

I found this Scramble by Vanderstock that looked pretty intense.  We fly Russian and need to defend Kabardinka from a multipronged invasion.  Only changes I made was adding a closer German base that opens up 30 minutes into the mission.  Welcome to fly with us or against us

PS Trying to gear up to running some true COOP's in the future.  Still doing some testing.  We rely on stealing missions from others and a lot of focus right now on experimenting with COOPS.  Vanderstock has a five mission campaign.  Have to get used to restarting if someone crashes at the outset and Dead is Dead, but we enjoyed these as a squad in the old Il2 days on Hyperlobby.  Usually ran a couple in a an evening so people who die a lot ( like me) don't get too bored.  Will keep you posted

Start time 6:15 Pacific
No Password (yes password on TS, PM me or ask VR )
Icons Off
WW's fly Russin

Heard a bit of grumbling about flying "the same old thing" last week, so tried to find something different.  A lot of people focusing on building COOP's right now, so had to dig deep to find something current, new and well made.  I found this Scramble by Vanderstock that looked pretty intense.  We fly Russian and need to defend Kabardinka from a multipronged invasion.  Only changes I made was adding a closer German base that opens up 30 minutes into the mission

Start time 6:15 Pacific
No Password
Icons Off
WW's fly Russina

Pic1S.jpg

Pic2S.jpg

Pic3S.jpg

#34 WWSittingduck

WWSittingduck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 02:54 PM

Salute all, and thanks for the help getting me back into the forum.

Damn we got our ass kicked last night.....

Apologies for the lag.  It's a strong server, but 48 live pilots on a Kuban Map with a lot of AI activity defiantly put a stress on it.  sps was bouncing around at 13 with alot of spikes into the upper teens.    

• Klaiber, Vonrd and Lipfert like this

#35 WWGeezer

WWGeezer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:10 AM

Had a good debrief from the JG1 flyers and will try the mission again with a few adjustments to avoid this weeks issues

Start time 6:00 Pacific
Yes Password
Icons Off
WW's fly Russina

Change Log
1. Changed time of day to high noon
2. Two airfields on each side, same plane sets
3. Added heavy AAA to Russian / German Airfield #1's, lighter at Airfield #2's

Attached Files

• Attached File  Pic2.jpg   273.48KB   0 downloads

#36 Vonrd

Vonrd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 14 April 2018 - 06:16 AM

Had a good debrief from the JG1 flyers and will try the mission again with a few adjustments to avoid this weeks issues

Start time 6:00 Pacific
Yes Password
Icons Off
WW's fly Russina

Change Log
1. Changed time of day to high noon
2. Two airfields on each side, same plane sets
3. Added heavy AAA to Russian / German Airfield #1's, lighter at Airfield #2's

I like it! Thanks Geezer. 

Too bad about the Vulch problem... It would be good to have as many players as possible IMHO... maybe still keep it open as long as there is an alternate airfield available to avoid the Vulchers?... that way we could see if the framerate / stuttering problem is related to player numbers as opposed to amount of AI / ground entities in the mission?

Posted Image

#37 WWGeezer

WWGeezer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:22 AM

Working on it VonRd...pulling the password off but with a seat limitation,  Cranked the AAA back a little bit.  Before had four and two at the close and far airbase, pushed that back to two and one.  Will see how it goes....tis a journey.

#38 WWGeezer

WWGeezer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:53 AM

Did revise the German Base location a bit, to spread the map further.

#39 Vonrd

Vonrd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:08 PM

Looks like once again I have to work late and might not make it.

Posted Image

#40 Lipfert

Lipfert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:48 PM

Kameraden,

I'm offline with a odd button mapping issue, need to move ahead with my system rebuild. Been having an issue when keyboard or HOTAS inputs stop working. I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del and Switch To il2.exe to get control back. Annoying.

S!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users