• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Klaiber

Klaiber

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 10,698 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:51 AM

Very nice!  Looking forward to your follow ups.

Klaiber_tiny_R.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_O.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_FS.png?dl=0

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#22 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts
  • LocationMichigan, United States

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:23 AM

Good work Ricky. Did you talk while filming, or film and then add the audio later? Are you planning on using the "aged" effect for your whole series?

"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe."  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

#23 Ricky Recon

Ricky Recon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:05 PM

Good work Ricky. Did you talk while filming, or film and then add the audio later? Are you planning on using the "aged" effect for your whole series?

I put the clip in there, added all the effects, then recorded the audio over as i watched the video play. Probably won't do the aged effect for the whole thing. Kinda was just playing around getting a feel for the program.

Artwork_Sig.png

#24 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:50 PM

A couple of suggestions.

Try to explain the mechanics of what you're doing, as it relates to the game.  Experts like you do things in a way that's superior to the way regular people do.  Exactly how are you slewing your view around?  Do you use TIR at all?  If so, is it on?  If it's on, is it paused?  Are you using view keys to move your view?  Are any of the views saved views?  Your slewing speed looks quick and accurate.  How's that done....game slider settings, mouse speed settings, or a combination of both?  If that's the case, what are the settings?  What brand and model of mouse do you use?

As you can see, even a short video like yours can raise a LOT of questions.  You're the expert....tell people how YOU do it.  Many will reject what you say or not bother to change the ways that they do things because they're used to doing things the way that they do them now; but that's their problem.  Your role is to show them how an expert does things.  Don't sell yourself short!   :D

"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe."  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

#25 Ricky Recon

Ricky Recon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:54 PM

Good advice! I didn't really intend for it to be an instructional video at first. Was just kind of messing around and ended up with it. I need to come up with an outline for sure. I go ADD pretty quick haha

Artwork_Sig.png

#26 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:14 PM

Me too!  If I'm really trying to be serious, I'll make a paper with headings to follow and stick it to my monitor.  You'll notice me pausing as I look at it and try to find my next point.  I'm not very good at oration with good flow; Barton seems to be a natural at that.  But the way I look at it, it's better than leaving out the points entirely, which I'd probably do, otherwise.

#27 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 03:06 PM

I use OBS Studio for capture, and Shotcut for video editing. All free, work well enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users