3 replies to this topic

#1 Somnus

Somnus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:21 AM

This is vital for flight simming! I don't know how many times I thought I'd seen something off in the distance, only to discover it was just a dirty screen!

• Lipfert likes this

#2 Klaiber

Klaiber

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 11,429 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 07:56 AM

Cool!  So, my monitor isn't too bad.  But still pretty bad.

Klaiber_tiny_R.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_O.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_FS.png?dl=0

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#3 Hess

Hess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:21 PM

This is vital for flight simming! I don't know how many times I thought I'd seen something off in the distance, only to discover it was just a dirty screen!

+1

BIs Bald,
Posted Image

#4 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts
  • LocationMichigan, United States

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:08 AM

Best not to clean your screen at all with it powered on, though; kind of like trying to clean automobile windows in direct sunlight.  Heat makes things evaporate too fast and leave residues.  Before you've turned on your screen at all (not a warm one you've just turned off), start with a mild commercial screen cleaner.  Use a wet towel and a separate dry one.  After that's dried, repeat the process using plain water as a finish; same process, one wet, and one dry.

It should end up looking perfect   :)

Then you could go to the "whitedisplay.com" site to check it every which-way, after you're done  ;)

"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users