#1 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 12:45 AM

S! All,

Now that I am the owner of the F1 2017 game... I'm looking for a good racing wheel and pedals!

At this time, I'm looking at the Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel.

Any comments or suggestions on Racing Wheels and pedals are welcome!

ps: would be great to setup some races between JG1 members.

Cheers,

Gen ;)

#2 Lipfert

Lipfert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 12:50 AM

S! All,

Now that I am the owner of the F1 2017 game... I'm looking for a good racing wheel and pedals!

At this time, I'm looking at the Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel.

Any comments or suggestions on Racing Wheels and pedals are welcome!

ps: would be great to setup some races between JG1 members.

Cheers,

Gen ;)

Gen,

I'm looking at this wheel: http://www.thrustmas...competition-mod

Or I might just bite the bullet and go Fanatec:

https://www.fanatec....one-and-pc.html

S!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Barton

Barton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:13 AM

I have a G920 and an H-pattern but if you’re playing F1 the clutch pedal and H-pattern aren’t really useful

#4 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:14 AM

Gen,

I'm looking at this wheel: http://www.thrustmas...competition-mod

Or I might just bite the bullet and go Fanatec:

https://www.fanatec....one-and-pc.html

S!

Lipfert, wow, wow and wow...

Just saw the (2) two racing wheels... I must say that they seem like the top of the top in racing wheels for sim racing games... but far from what I wanted to pay for a long time and average racer like me!

If you ever get one of those, let me know how they feel when racing online! ;)

Hope to see you on a race track soon!
Cheers,
Gen ;)

#5 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:17 AM

I have a G920 and an H-pattern but if you’re playing F1 the clutch pedal and H-pattern aren’t really useful

S! Barton,

I was also looking into the G920, does it have force feedback on it?
I'm starting with F1 2017, but I might buy other racing sim after... in between flight sims!

Cheers,

Gen ;)

#6 Barton

Barton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 04:43 AM

It is force feedback and it is very nice. Good quality and it lets me get very immersive with the H-pattern shifter. Makes sliding a Miata into a corner while heel-toeing and rev matching while slamming it down into 2nd gear so much fun. I love it.
  • GenMarkof007 likes this

#7 Snaggle

Snaggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts
  • LocationSmyrna, Tennessee

Posted 28 March 2018 - 12:46 PM

+1 to all comments

Gen you can also go direct drive but then you are talking serious money.

Most you tubers agree, G920 or Thrustmaster t300 are the best to start with and give you the best experience.

Codemasters F2017 while good (I can't talk about on-line with this one), IMO best bang for the buck is Assetto Corsa, and it has a serious online community without the reoccurring cost of iRacing. Loads of free mods! I'm starting the third season of one online series and we are racing the Ferrari 2004 F1 car, so if like a car you can find a series to race on line.

I can PM you more info if you are interested!

S!

S!

JG1_Snaggle_J4

Posted Image

#8 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 12:02 AM

S! Snaggle,

Just got my racing wheel today (the Logitech G29) since It's good also for PS3 & PS4! ;)

If I would like to race with you guys in Assetto Corsa, what game & mod, do I need to buy for that F1 2004 races?!!

Thanks for the info!
Cheers,

Gen ;)

#9 Snaggle

Snaggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 12:55 AM

Gen just saw this less than 5 to race I will PM after the race!
S!

JG1_Snaggle_J4

Posted Image

#10 Ludwig

Ludwig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:17 AM

I came upon this late (as usual) but I have been using the G-27 wheel for more than a few years.... and while I would love to move up to the FANATEC wheel system that Snaggle uses.... (jealous) I simply have not been able to wear out the G-27. It is absolutely rock solid and I hit it HARD.   I have been a Beta Tester for CODEMASTERS for the last two versions of F-1 2016 and 2017 and that means putting in hundreds and hundreds of laps. I have turned well over 1,000 laps on COTA which is about 67 miles from where I am sitting at the moment.  I think you will be very pleased with the G-29 and I want to echo Snaggle on the ASSETTO CORSA which has been a real find for us. We play the heck out of it and it is primarily FREE.

I am very happy with AC and I can't see how it could be considered anything but a bargain for all the cars and tracks that you can get for free. Then the cars that you do buy are not expensive at all. An entire F-1 season (the whole grid) for about $12 is not bad. I am an old guy so I like the 60's and 70's F-1 a lot better...  MUCH harder to drive than the current stuff.

• Lipfert, Snaggle and GenMarkof007 like this
"Zwei stunde mit ohne zigarren..... furchbar" Adolf Galland to me about flying to the airshow.

"Chuck Yeager says... the first time ever I see a jet, I shoot it down.... I say.. the first time I see Chuck Yeager... I shoot him down" Gunter Rall to me at a picture signing.

#11 Lipfert

Lipfert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:46 AM

Kameraden,

Next Dividend cheque I write myself will get me setup with a good quality wheel.

S!

• Snaggle and GenMarkof007 like this
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Barton

Barton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:19 AM

So far my favorite racing sim experience was racing the 60s lotus F1 car around the classic Monza track. So much fun

#13 Ludwig

Ludwig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 14 April 2018 - 02:33 PM

Hey Barton did you ever get Assetto Corsa?  Can't remember if you were on it... or running the Lotus 49 on iRacing?  Snaggle and I both looked at going back to iRacing again but man....they change the car and track every race and we never had either of them, just dollared us to death.

SimDream has been making car sets for AC that are about $12 and they did the 1967 season of course... GPL created a fan base that will never go away...  then they added `71, 75, 76, 84, 88, 95, 98   I am hoping that they will back up some and do 1969 as those were a blast back in the GPL Mod days (GEM)   Also they have the sports cars, GT cars which to me are just as much fun... big and tons of horsepower....  Ferrari P3, Lola, McLaren, GT-40  I love those races.

If you or anyone else wants to run the old cars, I am ALWAYS up for that.   Also....  yeah the Lotus 49 is great, but I personally want the Gurney Eagle... that's my favorite. The Lotus has the edge on it, but you can still do good work with it.

"Zwei stunde mit ohne zigarren..... furchbar" Adolf Galland to me about flying to the airshow.

"Chuck Yeager says... the first time ever I see a jet, I shoot it down.... I say.. the first time I see Chuck Yeager... I shoot him down" Gunter Rall to me at a picture signing.

#14 Barton

Barton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:43 PM

I do have AC. I’m waiting for ACC to come out, too. I’m going to drop iRacing as soon as my sub runs out. It’s just too much of a money sink. I still need to modify my rig for the h-pattern shifter because the place I had it I was hitting it with my knee. Also looking to modify it to hold my flight sim set up eventually.
  • Snaggle likes this

#15 Lipfert

Lipfert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:14 PM

Kameraden,

Steering lock question, anybody have an opinion regarding 900 versus 1080 degrees of lock rotation?

S!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:26 PM

I do have AC. I’m waiting for ACC to come out, too. I’m going to drop iRacing as soon as my sub runs out. It’s just too much of a money sink. I still need to modify my rig for the h-pattern shifter because the place I had it I was hitting it with my knee. Also looking to modify it to hold my flight sim set up eventually.

I'm looking for a wheel stand that works for racing & flight sims...
I found one, but they are selling one for each of the sims... I think that the race sims wheel stands would work also for flight.
Let me know if you know about one that would work?!!

See what I have found for now... still looking: http://www.wheelstan....com/buy-online

Great thing with these, you can fold them and have less space taken with your wheel and pedals! ;)

Cheers,
Gen

ps: got the same question than Lipfert, how can I have my wheel firm and that I don't need to turn it much for a better performance. For now, I was using 360 at 10% with my G29 Logitech Wheel! thx

#17 Snaggle

Snaggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:28 PM

Found this, I personally run 900 degrees: Since in A/C I race all type of cars

---------------------------

Good thread! I have also done alot of searching on this.
From what I have found: Correct me if I'm wrong...

900* or more 2.5 or more full turns lock to lock: Usually anything from average road cars to sports cars.

720* + or - (2.0 more or less turns lock to lock) Drift cars. Multiple classes of Rally cars (group N)

540* + or - (1.5 more or less turns lock to lock) GT1 and 3 spec race cars, and WRC Rally cars.

360* + or - (1.0 more or less turns lock to lock) Formula 1 cars.
----------------------------------

S!

JG1_Snaggle_J4

Posted Image

#18 Snaggle

Snaggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:36 PM

I'm looking for a wheel stand that works for racing & flight sims...
I found one, but they are selling one for each of the sims... I think that the race sims wheel stands would work also for flight.
Let me know if you know about one that would work?!!

See what I have found for now... still looking: http://www.wheelstan....com/buy-online

Great thing with these, you can fold them and have less space taken with your wheel and pedals! ;)

Cheers,
Gen

ps: got the same question than Lipfert, how can I have my wheel firm and that I don't need to turn it much for a better performance. For now, I was using 360 at 10% with my G29 Logitech Wheel! thx

A google search you can spend half a day looking at these. :D

Really depends on you space available.

My Fanatec is setup on one similar and it is rock solid. Some people don't like the post in the middle and if you do any fancy pedal work (heel toe) it can be an issue.

S!

JG1_Snaggle_J4

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users