Wilhelm_Reinhard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 05:47 AM

Salute and blue skies to you all!

- JG1_Hotlead

Hotlead - I feel like we became friends even though our acquaintance has been brief and interaction limited, so I am truly sorry to see you go. Thanks again for the refuge of your RoF streams; I'll miss those, too, since it appears that's as close as I'll get to flying with JG1 for some time yet.

Wishing you tailwinds in every direction you go - except when landing, of course.

Best Regards,

Wilhelm

• HotleadColdfeet likes this

#22 Kliegmann

Kliegmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • LocationKenosha, Wi

Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:12 AM

Hey Hotlead,

I know what this is about, I being the last JG1 member shot down by you, youre getting while the gettin's good, before I can get my revenge LOL.

In all seriousness, it has been a pleasure and learning experience every time I got to fly with you.  Youre an awesome pilot and its sad that you have to take your leave.  I know that at times in your life, you have to step back and re-eval whats going on in your life, and make hard decisions, but just remember that when the dust settles, we'll still be around, and I look forward to your eventual return.

• HotleadColdfeet and US103_Talbot like this
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#23 Etzel

Etzel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 11:29 AM

Hey Hotlead,

that's are really sad news (for us at least) and it doubles my pain that I missed yesterdays session in FiF as the last Chance to fly with you for long time at least.

However: Every flight I had with or against you was pure fun and pleasure.  You were not only a big asset of JG1 but for the RoF comunity in general, last but not least because of your twitch stream.

Wish you all the best for every step you take in your future life and hope that somewhen and somewhere we will meet in again in virtual skies…..

Maybe from time to time you'll find some minutes to drop in here for a short "hello" and just to see what's going on in the sim-world ;)

Salute Hotlead and thanks for everything you gave to the comunity 

• HotleadColdfeet and =VS=emely like this

#24 Dudley

Dudley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:17 PM

S! Hotlead,

It's been a pleasure to fly with you and you've been a great inspiration to the group.

Games can teach us many things that translate into real life and I'm sure you'll always do well with whatever is in your sites.

I'm glad it's a positive thing that pulls you away for growth and change.

Keep your powder (and your PC) dry.

• HotleadColdfeet and Etzel like this

Dudley von Flederwurst

...near the shore of your basic crystal clear lake overlooking the snow-capped peaks and thick pine woods commonly believed to encircle downtown Toronto.

#25 Butzzell

Butzzell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:26 PM

S! Hotlead

Saying you will be missed is a gross understatement.

I have already gone though three boxes of kleenex. 

I think Etzel said it best "thanks for everything you gave to the community"   

It is not just the online guide, the great videos, the streaming series, the personal help you have given to many but your very presence that has been an inspiration.

You will always have a place at the table and be more than welcome.

We are all wishing you good things as you move forward. 

• Snaggle, HotleadColdfeet and Etzel like this
Posted Image

#26 JG-1_Trev5150

JG-1_Trev5150

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
  • LocationLegit Republic of Blanketsburg

Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:55 PM

JG-1_Trev5150: Thanks! I haven't flown much with you, but I distinctly remember our brief time together in ARMA III Coop. I still am amazed how you can wander into a dense jungle, call out 7 different contacts and take them all out before I have the courage to leave cover from behind my tree stump! :lol: It's mind-boggling to say the least. 

• Britchot likes this
Posted Image
"When the game is over, the king and the pawn go in the same box."

#27 Maushake

Maushake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:57 PM

Very sad news; you've been a great asset to JG1 and to the community in general. All the best with your new endeavours, and you know where to find us if you ever feel like coming back!

S!

Maus
Posted Image

#28 Sturtz

Sturtz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationOklahoma. United States

Posted 28 May 2018 - 02:14 AM

Just got back from my Nebraska Memorial Day trip and saw this. 

What can I say ? You not only encouraged me to get back into combat flight simming again but steered me towards the greatest bunch of guys in the virtual skies.

Back when I was C.O. for JG51 we had pilots come and go. But once and awhile a true friend and monster squady would come along. You Cole are a true breath of fresh air and one damn good virtual pilot. I hope we can stay in contact or at least let us know how your young life evolves as time goes on. Do this for us old farts eh ?

Salute my friend and best of luck in life , love and longevity .

God Bless

Kurt "Sturtz" Stanley

Sturtz_R_Small.png?dl=0

FIF2018s_smaller.png?dl=0

#29 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota, United States

Posted 28 May 2018 - 10:12 PM

Hess: Thank-you so much for the kind words - they mean a lot to me. It has been great knowing you too! I've enjoyed seeing your screenshots and had fun flying with you whenever you had some time for ROF. You're a first-rate pilot, man. 

Thomas: As with Pfeil, it's been fun to read your reports in FiF. Also the way you guys knock down enemy planes in Il-2 is astounding. Thanks for the well-wishes - same goes for you, man! 

Baron: Thank-you! I have really admired how you lead Jasta 6. You run a tight ship, and it shows in J6's discipline and cohesion while fighting. You guys are the group that we send in during FiF if we really want to tear enemies up. Salute! 

Wilhelm_Reinhard: The feeling is mutual, I assure you. :) I sincerely appreciate your viewing my streams and giving me useful feedback on how to improve them. Thanks for that! Blue skies and tailwinds to you too, Sir! 

Kliegmann: Lol!!! :lol: Yeah. I've even considered changing my name and moving to a different state to throw you off the scent. :P Seriously though, I will always look back with fondness at the time where you took me under your wing in BOS. I learned so much! Thanks for the kind words too. I'll miss you! 

Etzel: Thanks so much for the kind words! The work I put into the community was nothing but a pleasure chiefly because of pilots like you, Sir. I have great memories of sharing the skies of Aces Falling with you. When you applied to join JG1, I was thrilled - "Etzel's joining!" :D Wishing you all the best too!

Dudley: Thank-you! You are a solid wingman and an expert special missions pilot. I've always admired how you take the time to study mission objectives until you are absolutely sure how they work so that when it's make-or-break time in an event, you can perform exceptionally. It has been an honor flying with you these years! 

Butzzell: I have so many wonderful memories flying with you that I've lost count. I've loved hearing your laugh-out-loud, spur-of-the-moment quips. Also, Flanders in Flames is your baby, and I've really, really loved flying in it. Thank you for all the work in the mission editor, for organizing our Monday flights, and for designing the beautiful livery I had the honor of flying under! I had always dreamed of having my own skins, and you made that a reality. Thank-you! :D I'll miss you! 

Maushake: Thanks for being such an awesome wingman! I still remember winning the Bier Stein with you a few years back. Those were good times. Thanks also for the well-wishes! Wishing you blue skies and awesome opportunities in your acting career! 

Sturtz: It was awesome getting to know you, man! I always had a blast winging with you. I'm thrilled you like it here at JG1! Trust me, the relationships only get better with time. :) Salute and blue skies! 

• Klaiber, Baron, Thomas and 2 others like this
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
Posted Image

#30 Vonrd

Vonrd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 29 May 2018 - 03:20 AM

Vonrd: You were the guy who initially invited me to join the group. Thank you so much for that!!! I admire how easy-going and amiable you are. You are also the true jack-of-all trades of our group. One night you'll fly two-seaters, the next night level bombers, and another night fighters. I find that amazing. Thank-you for taking me under your wing so many times as I worked to learn new skills. You're absolute gold, man. :)

Thank YOU Bud!

I consider bringing you into the fold a feather in my cap.

Know that I respect your decision and fully support it. Life is so much more than images on a monitor. Still, you have touched us all and I think we should retire your number and keep you in permanent reserves. 

Godspeed "Rookie Ace"

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users