Photo

IL2 Sturmovik BOS & BOM @ 27$ Each game!

IL2 Strumovik Stalingrad Moscow sales

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:46 AM

S! All,

If you ever wanted to fly Il2 Sturmovik (WW2 era), but wasn't sure to invest in the games and series... on sale in Steam & the Il2 store

I would say, go and buy it now... since Il2 Sturmovik Stalingrad & Moscow are in special @ 27$ for the premium edition including the collector planes!

You can also get some collector plane and special campaign almost half price!

If you guys need any help after buying all thoses planes and games... feel free to hop on the JG1 TS IL2 channel.

Cheers,
Gen ;)

-----------------------------

Rise of flight is 66% off for summer sale... Steam version!
It's part of the Summer Sale - from June 21st to July 5th!

Enjoy...
  • Klaiber, Britchot and Sturtz like this

#2 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts
  • LocationMichigan, United States

Posted 22 June 2018 - 01:37 PM

1)  Is it both for $27?

2)  Is it a non-Steam thing?

3)  Do you have a link?

• Sturtz likes this
"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

#3 Klaiber

Klaiber

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 11,309 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:14 PM

Hi Luft,

You can get this through Steam or through the Store.  I'd pick one or the other though.

For non-Steam, you can check out the store here for all the sales:

https://il2sturmovik.com/store/

Unfortunately, I can't find a list of whats marked down, so you'll have to wander through and check things out.

But from what I see, the premium versions of Battle of Stalingrad and Moscow are each $27.19.  The regular versions are each 16.99

However, Battle of Kuban is still full price.

And while Battle of Bodenplatte is marked down, but that's an early access discount and not a sale per say.

And then a lot of the collector's planes are marked down too:

https://il2sturmovik...llector-planes/

Be careful.  When you buy a Premium version of one of the "Battles" (Stalingrad, Moscow, Kuban, Bodenplatte), they come with 2 additional aircraft from the collectors list.  So you don't want to double dip.  For example, you can get the La-5 (series 8), the Fw 190A-3, the Spit Mk. Vb, the Hs 129B2, the P-40E-1, and the MC 202 through buying the Premium versions of the main packs.

There are a four aircraft, however, that you must buy singly.  They are:

• La-5FN series 2
  • Bf 109G-6
  • Ju 52/3m
  • Yak-1B

Hope this helps!

PS: the campaigns are on sale too. :)

• GenMarkof007 likes this

Klaiber_tiny_R.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_O.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_FS.png?dl=0

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#4 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:36 PM

S! Klaiber,

Thanks for all the info...
I did my post late last night and may have forgotten a few details for people looking to buy it with Steam or the IL2 web store!

Hope you have all wanted info Luft... feel free to ask more, if needed! For info, IL2 Kuban, is now at 49$ for the regular game.

Cheers
Gen

#5 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:44 PM

Which of these titles are considered the most necessary? Is it all one uber-sim or are they separate? Didn't know anything about Kuban, Bodenplatte, etc.
"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

#6 Kliegmann

Kliegmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts
  • LocationKenosha, Wi

Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:21 PM

They can be used singly, but then you wont have the aircraft from the other sets and will only be able to participate when a server has those particular aircraft.  

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 Klaiber

Klaiber

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 11,309 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 04:24 PM

Stalingrad and Moscow are the oldest.  So, in theory, most servers will have something from them.

Klaiber_tiny_R.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_O.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_FS.png?dl=0

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#8 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:47 PM

S! Just for info!

We are flying more and more on Coconut Expert Server on Tuesday Night, and sometimes, the map and planeset is the Kuban map. It makes it hard to fly, when only a few of us have the planeset!

So that’s why I bought Kuban for 49$ lately. Maybe a bit more than the 27$, But a great map and great set of planes.

For most pilots, these 3 games would be a good buy! For the next games coming in 2018-2019, I would wait!

Hope this help!

Gen ;)
  • Klaiber likes this

#9 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:00 PM

Thanks for all the info, guys    :)    Sounds like the most viable option would be to get the first 3.  No real time now to get started, but at least I'd have them.  Anything specifically helpful I'd need to know to download and install them?  Plan on getting them from the IL2 store, as opposed to Steam.  S!

#10 Kliegmann

Kliegmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts
  • LocationKenosha, Wi

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:10 PM

Nope pretty straight forward, you purchase, DL the games, enter your email and password, and your good to go.

• Klaiber likes this
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 01:24 PM

Well, I bought the premium editions of BoS, BoM, and BoK (no additional planes at this time).

I went to the "Download" section, and it downloaded a file called BoM.exe, and ran that.  When done, it installed files named for Battle of Moscow, and shortcuts for IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow.

Is this everything?  What about BoS and BoK?  My profile shows that I have codes activated for all of them, but based on what's installed, it looks like only BoM is installed.  Why does the "Download" button only give me BoM installer?

:huh:

#12 Britchot

Britchot

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,557 posts
  • LocationLancaster, CA

Posted 23 June 2018 - 01:28 PM

It’s all tied together under the same executable. The easiest way I could tell you to verify is to load up the game and try the three different maps or quick missions for airplanes from each set.

Britchot_R_tiny.png?dl=0

Britchot_O_tiny.png?dl=0

Britchot_FS_tiny.png?dl=0

"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen."

#13 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 01:31 PM

So in the future, say if I purchased BoBP, there would be no further downloads?

#14 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 01:50 PM

Ah, when I started the game, it immediately began to download 8.17 GB of game client.

DL crawling at around 1 MB/s from their slow DL server. At this rate, wondering if it will be done in time for FiF!

#15 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 02:20 PM

Well, it finished, and the game launched and seemed to work...as far as I went.  I just exited the main screen because I don't have time to get into it right now.  After I exited the game, I noticed that the game launcher seemed to still be open in the task bar.  So I clicked on it, then hit the X to close it.  I got this:

IL2_Launcher.jpg

It stuck there and never did close....I shut down the computer and started it back up.

Should that thing be left to run in the background all of the time?  In RoF, when you close the game, or actually once you launch it, the launcher disappears by itself.  Is this normal behavior for IL2?

#16 Britchot

Britchot

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,557 posts
  • LocationLancaster, CA

Posted 23 June 2018 - 02:23 PM

It shouldn’t run in the background

Britchot_R_tiny.png?dl=0

Britchot_O_tiny.png?dl=0

Britchot_FS_tiny.png?dl=0

"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen."

#17 Vonrd

Vonrd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 23 June 2018 - 05:33 PM

I only use the launcher for updates. To run the game I have a shortcut to the Il-2.exe

"Il2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\Il-2.exe"

Posted Image

#18 Klaiber

Klaiber

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 11,309 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 08:39 PM

When the launcher hangs for me, I just close it through the task bar.

Klaiber_tiny_R.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_O.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_FS.png?dl=0

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#19 Hess

Hess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:37 PM

I only use the launcher for updates. To run the game I have a shortcut to the Il-2.exe

"Il2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\Il-2.exe"

Same here. Addition I make exe run as administrator.

BIs Bald,
Posted Image

#20 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:07 PM

Thanks all, it seems to work OK now after restarting computer....at least as much I've had the opportunity to try it.  Probably was just the result of starting the game right after the initial client download, before a reboot.  I also had already found the .exe and picked "run as administrator" from the right-click menu.  It already had a shield next to it, not really sure what that means, in the old days it would have a check mark if already selected.  In any case, when I picked it, it ran the executable, so I'm wondering if you'd have to do that each time if you wanted to ensure that.  Not having any problem anyway, and my only account is as administrator, so I think it's a moot point, regardless.

Thanks again.

S!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users