21 replies to this topic

#1 WWGeezer

WWGeezer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 12:39 PM

So the Wingwalkers stumbled into the Coconut COOP Campaign Server without knowing what it is.  We stained the carpet, broke the furniture and than ran into some JG1 guys that seemed to know what was going on.  Clearly we needed to study up to do the campaign justice.

We have been reading up on it, looks really interesting.  Are some JG1 folks flying regularly on it?  Do you want company?  The campaign is complicated enough, we might do well to join the JG1 folks and get on the same TS channel.

If you are flying at certain days or times, let us know so we can coordinate our efforts.  We typically fly Tues and sometimes Thursday nights.

Sounds like Coconut is in the middle of relocating servers, so not sure when it will be up next, but thought I would check in.

• Klaiber, Britchot and GenMarkof007 like this

#2 Britchot

Britchot

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,345 posts
  • LocationLancaster, CA

Posted 01 July 2018 - 02:44 PM

We are flying quite regularly on Coconut’s as well as Tactical Air War ( http://taw.stg2.de/). I’ll let the folks that normally attend these chime in but I can assure you, we would love the company.

Britchot_R_tiny.png?dl=0

Britchot_O_tiny.png?dl=0

Britchot_FS_tiny.png?dl=0

"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen."

#3 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 05:40 PM

S! WWGeezer,

Happy to see that WW want's to join up on Coconut Expert server...

For JG1 WW2 pilots, we are mostly online Tuesday Night on Coconut Expert, at this time with summer starting, our number's are a little low (around 4 or 5)... sure this will change when September start's!

Since Coconut Expert is a dynamic server, you will find that it is often in maintenance, so we also fly on Tactical Air War ( http://taw.stg2.de/ ). It is almost the same, but you need to choose your side, as German or Russian pilots. Be careful, the numbers of available planes for each pilots is very small, so you need to be careful with your planes!!!

If you want, why not join next week, and we could do some missions as a big squadron... many of us love to fly the BF110 or JU 87... and other's are more with fighters like the 109 or the 190!

If you have any WW pilots that would like to fly and do High Level bombing, I might start something Wednesday Night, since for now, we don't have any event's (campaigns) program for that night!

Feel free to ask any question if needed... and don't forget to ask you're pilots to read the short manual on Coconut website (seem's to be down for now), and the manual for TAW ( http://taw.stg2.de/manual.php).

Cheers,

GenMarkof ;)

#4 WWGeezer

WWGeezer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 09:56 PM

We also typically fly Tuesday...start 6 pm pacific. Might try it this Tuesday if that works for you all.

Do you guys have your own TS channel so we can be on the same comm? You can PM me if you like or we can share ours,

We have several pretty capable bombers ( and some a little less capable ((me)).

#5 WWGeezer

WWGeezer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 11:39 PM

The following images are my shot at trying to interpret the map based on Coconuts instructions.....am I getting it mostly correct?  Amazing what he has done to communicate the war state using the map.

Pic1S.jpg

Pic2S.jpg

Pic3S.jpg

#6 Vonrd

Vonrd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 02 July 2018 - 12:17 AM

Hey Geezer

I'm sure all would welcome WW to fly with us. I hope to be online Tues but I still have recurring problems with having to do overtime   :( .

I think everything posted on the maps is correct (except possibly the plane icon - I thought that meant enemy patrol airborne  - regardless... same difference... look out for enemy AI in the area.

Not sure if Coconut will be up though... this posted yesterday:

"For those curious about both the normal and expert servers being down, there was a msg from coconut on discord that the servers are being moved to a new host and it could be a couple of days. "

I personally prefer TAW but will fly whatever the consensus is.

I'll PM our TS info.

Salute!

c7GplW.jpg

#7 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 01:10 AM

S! Geezer,

Most of your info are good... for the plane icons, you and Vonrd are right... some will have the transfer text under them, this mean they are being transfer... you will see and hear when they request to land... ;)

Sometimes, you will see planes icon with patrol at 3000 m text, this mean that a patrol over that area is patrolling at 3000 meters! For the tanks, if you see numbers like (15:35), its means that one side has around 15 tanks and the other side has 35 tanks with each a tank base that can be hit or help with a para drop. if you click at the tank icon (blue or red), you are able to enter a tank and help that battle!

I'll let you and Vonrd get in contact and hope to see you guys next week!
Hope that Coconut Expert will be up and running.

Cheers,

Gen ;)

#8 Vonrd

Vonrd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:18 PM

Posted this morning:

"From coconut's discord site: 

Game servers and campaign system have been installed and are up. Stats are not up yet. I'll probably need to restart the server due to windows updates, so consider today as a test day. Feel free to join, but there's a risk your flight will be interrupted by a server restart.

Moscow map."

c7GplW.jpg

#9 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:50 PM

S! Vonrd,

Just went on Coconut Expert server and all seem's up, other than the Coconut website (stats)!

I'll go back this afternoon to see how stable the server is.

Cheers,

Gen

#10 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 04:48 PM

S! All,

Call out to all JG1 pilots that would like to fly WW2 tonight on IL2 BOM Coconut Expert server! 

I'm happy to announce that we will have some special guests with us - Wingwalkers pilots will join us for some joint ops (as WW2 Germain Air Force)!

If I'm not mistaking, Vonrd PM our TS info... to WWGeezer.

------------------------------

Here are the main information:

Date & Time: July 3rd, at 9 pm (eastern time) or earlier for those that need to make TrackIR or others setup...

Server: Coconut Expert server (the latest map is Moscow - campaign started yesterday)

Side to choose: German Air Force

Type of mission: we will decide after seing the map and targets available.

** - if Coconut Expert server is down tonight, we might go on Tactical Air War ( http://taw.stg2.de/ ) - * you need to register and choose ( German side ) - if not already done;

** - Again, not all planes are available at each of the German Airfield, so we might need to do some transport first...;

Important information for all:

- if you have the Coconut's Dynamic Campaign Manual, a quick reading will help you understand how the dynamic works - I will have a copy available to transfer;

- we might need to transport some planes near the front, so we may have to do some transport before going on missions ops;

- main goal tonight, have fun and help out all pilots on how Coconut Expert server works (more technical info are not available in the manual and we might not have those answer's);

Hope to see you all tonight, knowing that tomorrow is a special date for our southern friend pilots!

Cheers,

Gen :)

• Lipfert likes this

#11 Hess

Hess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 07:51 PM

S!

Business trip this week so cant make it.

Have a nice flight guys!

• Lipfert likes this

BIs Bald,

hess_jointsig_S5.png

#12 Vonrd

Vonrd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:43 AM

Even though I came in late, had a blast! Thanks to all JG1 and WW participants. Hope this turns into a regular thing! 

Thanks for taking the lead Gen.

• GenMarkof007 likes this

c7GplW.jpg

#13 WWGeezer

WWGeezer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 11:25 AM

We had a great time too.  It was hair raising for me, have never taken off or landed in the JU 52.  Took a long time on the ground to make sure I had enough things configured to get in the air and then thankfully had enough time in auto pilot to figure out where the rest of the temp controls were.  Was thrilled to land and unload, and make it back ( under attack).

The General and the rest made us feel very welcome and did a great job of teaching us along the way.  And yes this was too much fun not to do it again.

So........I could use a little more explanation of how the campaign works.  Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get my head around what Coconut has done.

1. Is there a pattern?  Meaning if we flew at 6pm on Tuesday, does the same mission run again in one week, with the war state changing based on this weeks results?

2. Does that mean Coconut actually edits the mission every week for every timeslot  for every day it runs ( can't be so!), or is it some how automated?  

3. When the mission was over it rolled into another mission, so does it actually run from 5:30 to 8:30 and than another mission runs?

• Britchot likes this

#14 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:44 PM

S! All,

Thanks to all JG1 and WWalkers that came last night!

We can say it was a pretty nice success, for all of us.

If we have enough pilots next weeks, we could do 1 or 2 missions ops at the same time (with separated targets)!

For those that want to join up on week nights (Coconut Expert server), some of us do like to fly a few nights on this server.

-----------

Some answers on your questions WWGeezer:

1. Is there a pattern?  Meaning if we flew at 6pm on Tuesday, does the same mission run again in one week, with the war state changing based on this weeks results?

Gen: No, the way it works on Coconut Expert server is:

- each sessions are around 3 hours long (don't forget, when it say's 25 min left, you have around 10 min to land you plane before generating a new session;

- each time you enter the server, time of the day may change, from dawn, afternoon and even night time;

- each campaign are related by battles around Airfield, and don't worry, even if Germans are none on the server, AI keep transferring, and fighting the Russians;

- you will see more pilots from Europe in the afternoon (eastern time) and equal pilots at night;

- each campaigns use a new map, this mean if you don't have the Kuban planes and the campaign map is Kuban, it may be hard for you to select any planes available;

- war state change after each session's of 3 hours... some of the campaign are finish fairly fast and some may stay a few weeks;

2. Does that mean Coconut actually edits the mission every week for every timeslot  for every day it runs ( can't be so!), or is it some how automated?  

Gen: I think all is automated and this is why we see at the end of a session that a new missions is being generated. But other than that, not sure about the back end of this dynamic campaign?

3. When the mission was over it rolled into another mission, so does it actually run from 5:30 to 8:30 and than another mission runs?

Gen: Not sure if we have specific time slot that we can enter and have the (3) three hours starting. Like last night, the server updated a new session around 8:00 pm, and we got the start of another one when we left at around 11:00 pm! Same for night misions, not always at the same hours... a must see at Night!

Hope this helps... and I wish you all a great holiday!

Cheers,

Gen ;)

• Britchot likes this

#15 WWGeezer

WWGeezer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:04 PM

Thanks Gen.....an amazing bit of work there for Coconut.

#16 Maushake

Maushake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:02 PM

Sounds like it was a great time!  Looking forward to being able to join for some of these when my schedule finally allows ...

S!

Maus

maus_JointSig.png?dl=0

#17 WWGeezer

WWGeezer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:50 AM

My Daughter #2 is in town this Tuesday, so I will not be able to fly....but I think the WW's will be showing up on your TS at 6pm pacific for another round.   

(VonRd posted on our site with your skins as well, hopefully folks will have those loaded so we can see how handsome you'all look in person.)

#18 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:29 PM

S! WWGeezer,

Have a great time with your Daughter! RL is always first! ;)

-------------------

Just a short update on Coconut's Expert Server for all pilots coming tonight:

- Last Night the server started a new campaign with the Moscow map (intelligence at the front) are informing us that Russian's were gaining ground;

- It's not easy to take planes on most of the German Airfield, so I will try to arrive a bit earlier so I can try to understand what will be available;

- Last Night, it was a winter map around December 23, so try to ( spectate ) before taking a plane for skins and please see your message so that you don't get ejected from the server if the plane is not available;

------------------------------

Here is the main information:

Date & Time: July 10th, at 9 pm (Eastern Time) or earlier for those that need to make TrackIR or others setup...

Server: Coconut Expert server (the latest map is Moscow - campaign started yesterday)

Side to choose: German Air Force

Type of mission: we will need to see what planes are available and how we can mix it up between attackers, (bombers), and fighters.

** - if Coconut Expert server is down tonight, we might go on Tactical Air War ( http://taw.stg2.de/ ) - * you need to register and choose ( German side ) - if not already done;

** - Again, not all planes are available at each of the German Airfield, so we might need to do some transport first...;

** - If we get a night mission, we can adjust our Gamma (in-Game) to 1.1 or 1.2 or decide to go on Tactical Air War;

--------------------

Latest Intel I got yesterday:

- When you see on your left side panel, the best places for transport and that you read some city names, you can't land and drop any cargo at those places ( I did try 2 times last night ).

- I think that we need to drop the cargo at one of the airfields near those places and that a convoy will transfer that ammo.

- that is why we need to have some fighter patrols around those convoys!

Cheers,

Gen ;)

• Hess likes this

#19 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:08 PM

S! All,

Thanks to all JG1 and WWalkers pilots that came last night!

Was great fun seeing you all on Coconut server!

----------------------

Well, after seeing our little problem with planes availability and shortage last night...

We might need to see if we could have more planes available for our next session.
I will try to post a comment on Coconut Expert forum, to inform Coconut on our little problem!

I must say that this map/campaign is the first one I see this kind of problem?!!

Cheers,

Gen ;)

#20 Hess

Hess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:04 PM

S!

Sorry guys, missed it, at the last moment.

BIs Bald,

hess_jointsig_S5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users