#1 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts
  • LocationMichigan, United States

Posted 20 July 2018 - 06:19 PM

One of the many controls problems I have in the IL2 series is that my TIR hotkeys don't work in the game.  In RoF they always worked fine.  For view centering, I have the "home" key entered in my TIR program, and for pausing, I have "End" chosen.  Both have "enable", "toggle" and "trap" checked in the TIR program.  Still, when in IL2, they don't work.

Any ideas?

"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

#2 Klaiber

Klaiber

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 11,413 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 06:25 PM

There may be a key conflict between IL-2 and TrackIR.  I can't think of what could be using the "home" or "end" keys in IL-2.  But, just in case, test it out using different keys, and see if the problem remains.

Klaiber_tiny_R.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_O.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_FS.png?dl=0

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#3 Britchot

Britchot

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,586 posts
  • LocationLancaster, CA

Posted 20 July 2018 - 06:59 PM

Try launching TrackIR as an administrator.

Recently, I've had to run an FPS game as admin and that negated my hotkey to Discord's PTT unless I ran Discord as admin, also.  Though these are two sets of different programs, the symptom is remarkably the same.

Britchot_R_tiny.png?dl=0

Britchot_O_tiny.png?dl=0

Britchot_FS_tiny.png?dl=0

"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen."

#4 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 07:01 PM

S! Must be a key conflict...

My F10 (re-center my TIR), my F12 (center my TrackIR), and other's work well in IL2.

Gen

#5 Kliegmann

Kliegmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • LocationKenosha, Wi

Posted 20 July 2018 - 07:30 PM

I have my Home key set to recenter.  Never had a problem

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 Razwald

Razwald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 08:13 PM

Try assigning something in game to the home key to see if it comes up assigned to something else. If it does you can asses the issue from there. 

#7 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 09:02 PM

Wow thanks guys  :)

I'm on it

"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

#8 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 09:20 PM

There may be a key conflict between IL-2 and TrackIR.  I can't think of what could be using the "home" or "end" keys in IL-2.  But, just in case, test it out using different keys, and see if the problem remains.

By default, the "Home" key is used for "move pilot head backward" in IL2.

The "End" key is used for "move pilot head right" in IL2.

These are the only key "conflicts" that I see.

However, those "conflicts" did not cause any problems in RoF.  I did not want to eliminate default functions because they are used to position the view, when saving views.  In fact, I am wondering if it is even possible to save views in IL2.  If not, this would be (another) huge step backwards.

If any or all of you feel these conflicts are the cause of the problem, let me know.  S!

#9 Vonrd

Vonrd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 20 July 2018 - 10:19 PM

I just tried setting "Home" to center TIR in my TIR settings (I normally have it mapped to my pinkie switch on joystick) and it worked fine for me. I do have a Saitek X55 but I don't think that would have anything to do with keyboard commands.

Also, my pinkie switch is set to center in the TIR main screen settings. Is that where you're setting it up? EDIT:... never mind. I just reread your OP.

Puzzling problem.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users