Science Buffs. Good Bye String Theory Hello E8

Razwald

I watched the first video in all of the links you posted.  The first 2 of 3 were the same video.  The last one was an extension of the first.  I liked them.  The explanation of a quasi-crystal being a shadow of a higher dimensional crystal really helped....I don't know how I could have perceived it otherwise.  Also the point reference example of how the "lies" work and how or why we only perceive things in 3D was also very helpful.

It will be interesting to see if this new emergence theory is able to explain everything in existence.  Areas that they've included are ones that I would not have even thought to question...such as consciousness and information, just to name two.  I wonder how fast it will develop, or will it peter out like string theory apparently did.

Bottom line is that it amazes me that there are people in our world who are able to think on such a level, even though much of it is of course built on previous human knowledge and discovery.  Perhaps my sole reason for existing is (or was) to help support a world that can produce just a few of these individuals.  

:blink:

I watched the first video in all of the links you posted.  The first 2 of 3 were the same video.  The last one was an extension of the first.  I liked them.  The explanation of a quasi-crystal being a shadow of a higher dimensional crystal really helped....I don't know how I could have perceived it otherwise.  Also the point reference example of how the "lies" work and how or why we only perceive things in 3D was also very helpful.

It will be interesting to see if this new emergence theory is able to explain everything in existence.  Areas that they've included are ones that I would not have even thought to question...such as consciousness and information, just to name two.  I wonder how fast it will develop, or will it peter out like string theory apparently did.

Bottom line is that it amazes me that there are people in our world who are able to think on such a level, even though much of it is of course built on previous human knowledge and discovery.  Perhaps my sole reason for existing is (or was) to help support a world that can produce just a few of these individuals.  

:blink:

That is my biggest beef with the videos. The one video is an introductory video and the other 2 have points in all 3. They would have been better off doing a short introductory video then a few videos that focus more on the details. It almost feels like they had three videos and didn't know what to pick so they posted them all.

This stuff is above me but I always find it interesting. "Through the Wormhole" with Morgan Freeman was a good show. Right now I'm watching "In Search of" on Friday nights History Channel.

I'm not saying these guys will have the answers its just fun to sit and ponder this stuff.

I like Neil DeGrasse Tyson of course (see signature quote) and used to watch his series on cable.  It was great the way that he showed how things were proven by science, and the history of how that happened.  "The New Popular Ignorance" (I call it) that is taking our country by storm, in which people "don't believe in" scientifically proven facts, really bugs me.  It is like a new religion here.  I understand that the theories that those facts lead to are disputable, mainly by scientists that are researching other, equally promising theories; but the facts themselves are indisputable, and there needs to be some clarity made to the general public about what truth actually is.  You can't choose whether or not to "believe in" it.  You can only disprove them, or shut up and accept the truth.

Origin theories do reach a lot, asking people to accept a tremendous amount of knowledge that they can't possibly understand without all of the background education that it would take to do that.  However, the math behind the multi-dimensional aspect of this new theory has been proven (that's why they call them "proofs") and it is certainly an extremely interesting theory that could unify the theory of relativity and quantum mechanics, and everything else.  Without understanding a thing about any of it, I wonder why people often choose to believe what their questionably motivated, biased and prejudiced leaders say, who call it all a big lie without any viable reason for scientists to do that, instead of a group of highly educated people who's very means of operating is based entirely on proving the objective truth, whatever that may turn out to be.

Go figure.