What's the deal? (Fokker 7)

jim

I've been having a problem with the 7 ever since I've returned to ROF. Several patches have come since I've been able to mount the canvas steeds of yesteryear. Before I lost connection I didn't have any problems flying the 7, now, I can't get the radiator to function. I've tried to re- assign the commands to my keyboard thinking that my joystick was crapping out on me. But that didn't work, so I'm left thinking they changed the name of the function of radiator on this particular a/c. What I have happening is, soon after start up I get a virtual face full of oil, anyone have a clue to pass on to the clueless?

S! Otto,

The last patch had a new feature that let you build a response curve profile for each plane. It reset all the keys to default settings and for many people it made their joystick go backwards.

Some people set up response curves for each plane they fly so that it will go level with hands off. The trick is not just setting it up but how you save it. For some it works first time, for others it may take several times. It can be frustrating.

I use a single setting for all planes. It took me about 3 times to get it saved so that it is always working.

You will need to go through your key settings to assign functions to the keys you want.

Things get better but it can be a struggle to get there.

S!

Sorry Butzzell, good try, but, you didn't dig me. I know how the curves work for the axis of movement, but we're talking the radiator control response on the Fokker D 7. Unless you're telling me the radiator control is found in the same panel as the joystick repsonse curves.

Last night I just couldn't get the radiator to open so my engine siezed up before I left the ground. I don't have any trouble with the radiator controls in the Alb. 2 buttons on my stick, one to open and the second to close.

I'll be on TS tonight, but I'll also be frustrating myself with this mystery so if you talk to me, beware. JK.

Just to make sure all bases are covered -

If it's the D.VII F you were flying last night, did you make sure that your high altitude throttle was off when you took off?

It's possible that the radiator on the crate was working fine, but that you accidentally had the high alt throttle opened up, which would cause your engine to overheat and seize in a few minutes.

If it's not that, the best way for us to help you is probably to meet you on TS and go through all of your controls - just to make sure.

I don't know how you guys do it with these new joysticks and all their buttons as I suspect it is your button assignments that I have seen many fall trap too.

monday night I got the pop up screen that my input file was changed again maybe this is what happened to you as well

I save my input with a user name and never use the default input for this reason

My MSFF2 works just fine in ROF ,I have to keep it simple with few buttons after all I am getting almost as old as Bowser

Otto,

I have a couple of custom control files; one for rotary and one for inline engines. I can upload them to the Chateau file server. I use a CH system, Pro Stick, Pro Throttle and Rudders. Let me know if that would be of any help in lieu of a reinstall.

ICEWOLF' date=' I just sent you a container of Prune Juice, dropped in a laxative for flavor. This will make sure you're in shape for the sprint to the toilet... ((;o )[/quote']

Going to Costco later, should I pick up a few cases of the Adult Size Depends or should I go for the 'fiber supplement' looks like were into some 'irregularity' here?