Two questions: attack height and modifying campaigns

Fhechene

Hi!

I have two questions.

The first one, is how do I modify the GAttack height? I lost a whole squadron of mosquitos as they bombed some tanks because they were at 500 m during the attack. When I manually raised (edited .mis file) the altitude at 1000m, the attack was succesful. So, is there a way to change the attack altitude of a plane, besides modifying all of the .mis files? I know you can change cruise altitude.

The second question is about adding/modifying campaigns in the campaigns*.dat and planes*.dat files. I changed the campaignsUSE and planesUSE files, so instead of Berlin being the last campaign, it was West Germany. Now, when I try to create Western US pilot career, the screen gets messy and I can't select anything. I have to ctrl alt del away from the game.

So, could anyone point me in the right direction?

The GAttack height is hard-coded.  I don't know what I was thinking when I did that, except that I must have based it on attack type and not on the plane.  It's one thing that should probably be changed.

As for your second question, it may be something as simple as a blank line at the bottom of the file.  Or a space between entries.  In one or both files.  HOWEVER, this won't change the order of the campaigns.  That's controlled in the grandcampaign.dcg file.

The GAttack height is hard-coded.  I don't know what I was thinking when I did that, except that I must have based it on attack type and not on the plane.  It's one thing that should probably be changed.

As for your second question, it may be something as simple as a blank line at the bottom of the file.  Or a space between entries.  In one or both files.  HOWEVER, this won't change the order of the campaigns.  That's controlled in the grandcampaign.dcg file.

So, will we see the ability to change the GAttack height in the future?

And regarding the second question, that means that the way to add or substract campaigns is what I'm doing? But, watching for syntax, of course.

By the way, DCG is super awesome. You can see the effort put in DCG. Thanks for that.

And regarding the second question, that means that the way to add or substract campaigns is what I'm doing? But, watching for syntax, of course.

The campaignsUSE and planesUSE files only determine the player's starting campaign and not the order the campaigns are played through.  Most campaigns branch depending on which side wins the map and this is determined by the grandcampaign.dcg.  So if you want West Germany '45 to follow Normandy '44, you need to modify the grand campaign file.

Solved. The issue was that I was using a modded version of the game, DGen pack 2.1, and that it seems that that version has some issues with the P_40M. So, I modified the entries of planeUSE.dat that had the P_40M to P_40M_NEW. I also modified the allclasses.dat file.

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=23589

This may help someone who has other mods.