HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota, United States

Posted 07 October 2018 - 07:50 PM

Hey guys! :)

In 2016, my brother and I started work on a short film set during the American Civil War. Since then, we've come a long way. In 2017, we received permission to shoot our film at a local state park and began the filming process. By the end of the year, we had a first draft put together and started looking for score composers and sound designers. In 2018, we found a score composer for the opening of the film, and found a sound designer for the whole thing. Over the course of the year, we've slowly but surely been working with them. Finally, about a month ago, we sent our final draft of the film to the sound designer to work on. As things stand, we hope to have the short film released before the end of the year!  B) 

Our film (called "Remember Me") tracks the experiences of a single Union soldier from Berdan's elite group of sharpshooters. Although the film is set during the iconic battle of Gettysburg, the film takes a look at the much more isolated and personal battles our main character struggles with. It takes more than nerve and grit to survive the day...

Anyway, without further ado, I'm pleased to present a short teaser trailer for the upcoming film! Enjoy!  :D

PS: If you want to get regular updates on this film and other projects, feel free to follow us on Facebook here:

• Klaiber, Britchot, Erhardt and 6 others like this
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
Posted Image

#2 Butzzell

Butzzell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 10:42 PM

S!

Thanks.

Looks really good.

Y'all know that us southern boys will be pointing out any problems with location description or regiment assignments  ;)

• HotleadColdfeet likes this
Posted Image

#3 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 11:30 PM

S!

Thanks.

Looks really good.

Y'all know that us southern boys will be pointing out any problems with location description or regiment assignments  ;)

Haha, thanks Butzell! That's why although we set the story in Gettysburg, no actual units or locations are mentioned in the movie. The focus is on the individual soldier. ;) 

• Butzzell likes this
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

"Flying fighter aircraft in a war zone is an experience of hours and hours of routine, punctuated by moments of stark terror." - Unknown
Posted Image

#4 Klaiber

Klaiber

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 11,329 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 02:15 AM

This looks really good Hotlead!

Klaiber_tiny_R.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_O.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_FS.png?dl=0

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#5 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 04:01 AM

Thanks Klai! :)

Posted Image

#6 Lipfert

Lipfert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 12:57 PM

I like it, look forward to the finished product.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Vonrd

Vonrd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 08 October 2018 - 06:17 PM

A Star is born!

Looks great 'Lead!

Posted Image

#8 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 07:45 PM

I like it, look forward to the finished product.

Thanks Lip! I’m looking forward to releasing the full version too! :)

A Star is born!

Looks great 'Lead!

Haha, thanks Von! :D

Posted Image

#9 Hess

Hess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 11:08 PM

S!
Can’t wait for what next! keep pushing.
BIs Bald,
Posted Image

#10 Kliegmann

Kliegmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts
  • LocationKenosha, Wi

Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:12 AM

Looks pretty awesome.  I enjoy Civil War history.  My wife and I have MANY hours playing Johnny Reb (table-top war game)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:53 AM

S!
Can’t wait for what next! keep pushing.

Thanks Hess! We certainly intend to keep pushing.  B)

Looks pretty awesome.  I enjoy Civil War history.  My wife and I have MANY hours playing Johnny Reb (table-top war game)

Thanks Klieg! I've never heard of Johnny Reb! Sounds interesting - what's it like? 

Posted Image

#12 Kliegmann

Kliegmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts
  • LocationKenosha, Wi

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:19 AM

Its a miniatures wargame.  Very entertaining, but if you simulate one of the larger battles, it can take weeks to complete.  When we lived in Hawaii, my wife and I played a battle out for 3 months, before she ultimately won, damn canister-shot cannons nearly wiped out an entire regiment of mine (She still wont let me forget about that particular game).  Oh, and if you ever do play it, dont attempt to Cav charge a defensive position, very bad news,  and apparently I'm not Custer.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#13 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:14 AM

Haha, that’s awesome! Don’t know if I have 3 months for a game though...my mom would start to wonder where I’d gone! :lol:

Posted Image

#14 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:25 PM

dmGZbXI.png

• Klaiber, Hess, Luftritter and 1 other like this

Posted Image

#15 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 09:20 PM

Salute all! The 2nd trailer is out; the full film goes live on December 15th! :D

• Klaiber and Snaggle like this

Posted Image

#16 Luftritter

Luftritter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • LocationMichigan, United States

Posted 18 November 2018 - 02:08 AM

Oooww! Nice trailer!

One shot with a muzzle-loader.  What a different world, what a different battle!  Maybe two, then bayonets and butts!  Not to glorify, but to remind. Brave men, brethren to us all! A conflict that gives meaning to the word "conflict".

S!

"People who believe they are ignorant of nothing have neither looked for, nor stumbled upon, the boundary between what is known and unknown in the universe." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

#17 Klaiber

Klaiber

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 11,329 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 05:41 PM

Looks great Hotlead!

Klaiber_tiny_R.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_O.png?dl=0
Klaiber_tiny_FS.png?dl=0

Hals - und Beinbruch!